• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Glasseye

Dorian

Heading my way after demolishing the Bahamas. 

Fucking hurricanes are unreal. 

The Bahamas this year. P.R. and Eastern North Carolina last year. Fucking nasty nasty stuff.

8 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Heading my way after demolishing the Bahamas. 

Fucking hurricanes are unreal. 

The Bahamas this year. P.R. and Eastern North Carolina last year. Fucking nasty nasty stuff.

Are you in Alabama?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Charleston S.C. getting hammered now.

Thats @Rompho Ray stomping ground ... i hope everything is ok.

It’s a disgusting smelling fruit and I’ve banned it from my house........oh....hold on.....

• Sad 1

It is brutal to see on TV here for sure, glad I am on the west coast....only thing I have to worry about is Earthquakes.

Good friend of mine is from Beaufort, SC....they are gone and have evacuated and hope he has a place when he gets back. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

It is brutal to see on TV here for sure, glad I am on the west coast....only thing I have to worry about is Earthquakes.

Good friend of mine is from Beaufort, SC....they are gone and have evacuated and hope he has a place when he gets back. 

It's one thing seeing it on T.V. another when it's up close and personal. I've worked following a bad tornado and the amount of damage observed is amazing. Hurricanes are devastating, the flooding immense and the spread of the affected area huge.

A tornado comes and goes in minutes, a hurricane howls on for hours or even days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Thats @Rompho Ray stomping ground ... i hope everything is ok.

All good mate.  Plant shut down for two days, making my next paycheck the biggest storm casualty for me.  Couple of short power hits that got me off my ass and ordering a UPS for my computer stuff.  Back to work tomorrow at least for a while.

I was born in Montreal, which is not known for extreme weather, just very humid. I think about a decade ago, winds reached 70 mph, maybe a little less, and it was enough to turn over semi trucks on a bridge. What the Bahamas had, 300k/185 mph......I couldn’t imagine. I don’t think any home is designed to withstand that much force. 

Thank God it’s down to a Category 3 as it hits the USA. Heard it will even touch Eastern Canada and cause flight delays

7 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

All good mate.  Plant shut down for two days, making my next paycheck the biggest storm casualty for me.  Couple of short power hits that got me off my ass and ordering a UPS for my computer stuff.  Back to work tomorrow at least for a while.

Not going to be nearly as bad as Florence was. That was a ball buster. Bahamas sure got f***d though.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Not going to be nearly as bad as Florence was. That was a ball buster. Bahamas sure got f***d though.

Here not much of anything actually, a rainy, windy day.  We'll see today when I try to get in to work though.

15 minutes ago, fygjam said:

White House releases latest path of Hurricane Dorian.

No wonder Trump was a real estate mogul, he lives rent-free in heads all over the world.

Early model showing Trump was right during his briefing:

storm track.jpg

Actual error, by liberals of course:

wrong state.png

There's a lot I don't like about Trump, but one thing I do like is that he makes his opponents look stupid almost every time they go against him.  Comedy gold.

41 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

errr..is this the politics section of the forum ???

Its about a very windy Hurricaine ,in Hurricaine season, in Hurricaine territory  which devastated the Bahamas and has hit  US as a Cat 1 

Good point

Guys stick to the topic there is a politics thread for that trump stuff

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I was born in Montreal, which is not known for extreme weather, just very humid. I think about a decade ago, winds reached 70 mph, maybe a little less, and it was enough to turn over semi trucks on a bridge. What the Bahamas had, 300k/185 mph......I couldn’t imagine. I don’t think any home is designed to withstand that much force. 

Thank God it’s down to a Category 3 as it hits the USA. Heard it will even touch Eastern Canada and cause flight delays

Lived in Dorval for a while, my mate worked at Bombardier. 

Love me some poutine!

i have visited GBI ...Freeport and environs in late 1970s /1980s    ..no where on the island was above 60 foot above sea level...it must have been effectively wiped out...bloody awful

20 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Lived in Dorval for a while, my mate worked at Bombardier. 

Love me some poutine!

That’s funny mate. Never really cared for the stuff, but there are certainly some shops that can make it well. All I can say is a full size poutine(not a side) must be one of the highest calorie things on earth, worse than pasta. When I was a kid and only weighed around 200 and was serious about the gym, every time I weighed myself I was at least 3 pounds heavier the day after a big poutine. 

It’s really gaining popularity, though. At least 5 shops here in Calgary specialize in the dish. Best I ever had was in 1999, had a friend who took me to Quebec City. A chain called Ashton, open late after the bars closed. Pepper, sausage, steak......you name it. Think I paid $10, that was a lot for fast food 20 years ago, but my mate was right- best poutine in the province

forks go in the fork section, knives in with the knives.... and politics in the politics section cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

forks go in the fork section, knives in with the knives.... and politics in the politics section cheers

And tropical fruits. Where do they go?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

And tropical fruits. Where do they go?

i can only comment on the spikey ones, but wont as it may appear offensive :)

45 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Oh dear, who'll be the first to apologize to Trump this time (I'm used to getting no apologies):

https://www.noaa.gov/news/statement-from-noaa

"From Wednesday, August 28, through Monday, September 2, the information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to President Trump and the wider public demonstrated that tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama. This is clearly demonstrated in Hurricane Advisories #15 through #41, which can be viewed at the following link."

Now waiting for all the same apologies that would have been demanded for Obola.  Breath held:  Not.

5 hours ago, tommy dee said:

all the effort gone to waste.. and your posts were good too, just in the wrong section.  politics goes in politics, and this thread, unless I am blind, aint in the political section.  nice to see u on the board Ray..  I missed ya ( seriously)

Sign in to follow this