What are you driving now?

KhunDon

40 minutes ago, flog said:

Kia Sorento. Nice car.Only problem is the cost of cars here is stupidly expensive.

car.jpg

What I like about those Kia models is they are fully loaded with kit for a third of the price of the German cars ( in the UK that is). I will look at these when changing my vehicle. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AJSP said:

What I like about those Kia models is they are fully loaded with kit for a third of the price of the German cars ( in the UK that is). I will look at these when changing my vehicle. 

Loads of kit for the money and a 7 year warranty..

I drive The Sportage 3 , though I may well change it next year I'd get another Kia in a heartbeat but I'm not too sure yet.

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is my baby, 1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5.  Pictures taken earlier today.

Bought brand new in September of 1985.  About 220K on the clock.  Her appearance suffers from literally decades of neglect, but she starts immediately, runs like a dream, no squeaks or rattles, good highway manners, easy to drive in traffic.  Part-time 4WD means she's great in snow.  Bumpers are the only non-stock items.  Been off the road a bunch of times (purposely), took everything I threw at her and kept up with anything that was not heavily modified.

I keep promising her that I'm gonna fix her up.  I truly do mean to do that.

20181011_155156s.thumb.jpg.84774be427a8617225d5c40e30fe24e0.jpg

20181011_155344s.thumb.jpg.2f88295ebe155b0d14d2953b0a59d099.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Bought brand new in September of 1985.  About 220K on the clock.  Her appearance suffers from literally decades of neglect, but she starts immediately, runs like a dream, no squeaks or rattles, good highway manners, easy to drive in traffic.  Part-time 4WD means she's great in snow.  Bumpers are the only non-stock items.  Been off the road a bunch of times (purposely), took everything I threw at her and kept up with anything that was not heavily modified.

20181011_155156s.thumb.jpg.84774be427a8617225d5c40e30fe24e0.jpg

20181011_155344s.thumb.jpg.2f88295ebe155b0d14d2953b0a59d099.jpg

You bought a 1986 vehicle in 1985? Did you trade in a time machine for it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

You bought a 1986 vehicle in 1985? Did you trade in a time machine for it?

Here in the US, the new model year cars are usually released in September.  I'd been looking at this vehicle prior to the new model year introduction and had pretty much settled on it, but the new model year had an independent front suspension instead of a solid axle, and the reviews I read raved about the improvement.  So, I went for the '86.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Great old rigs, I'd love one but they are drug dealer monies here and I don't got that kinda lazy coin.

2 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Great old rigs, I'd love one but they are drug dealer monies here and I don't got that kinda lazy coin.

People keep offering to buy the thing out from under my ass!  Sadly, drug dealer money not on offer, somtam masher money only.  :)

On 9/14/2018 at 9:01 PM, Painter said:

Clapped out 2002 ford fiesta. Purchased for £200 6 months ago, still rattling along. Doesn't have to do many miles, fortunately! If something breaks on it, it goes to the car park in the sky...

I said farewell to an old friend, yesterday. The clutch, which has been threatening to fail all summer, decided to laugh at me for wanting to do a slight hill start, fortunately outside home.

Quote from garage was £270. If I didn't know that the steering pump needed replacing, the front suspension was knackered, and the brake servo so dead you needed to plan braking weeks in advance, I'd have spent it.

As it was, the local breakers gave me £80.

Public transport for me for the next 3 weeks.

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2018 at 10:38 AM, Krapow said:

I currently don't here in London, can walk to my main office, and public  transport is good. Just another added expense I don't need at present.

Though as the child grows, I probably will get something small for the 3 of us to go out and about at weekends.

Also think it would be good for the wife to drive wherever when i'm at work.

Ditto......once the wee one comes over I may lease a car, probably a Ford Focus but I would like a Kia Sportage.....

It's an added expense I presently don't need as a bus takes me from a bus stop 2 minutes away from my house to another bus stop 3 minutes away from work.

c3e25a6e-6f1b-4759-94fb-9125a6d26f58

This is my favorite vehicle of all time. I could go anywhere and do anything. So I did. When I retired, I bought the camper used for a few thousand dollars and traveled around America. I couldn’t come to Thailand, my dog was already 13 and the heat would have killed him. So we bummed around and had the best time of my life. Now I’m here full time, life is even better. 

I just got my Thai license. Unfortunately Jeeps are crazy expensive here. But then, I’m retired, and living in Thailand. It’s hard to complain.😆

Edited by drifter
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 10:18 AM, Rompho Ray said:

BTW, the sharp-eyed will note the similarity to the Toyota pickup in "Back to the Future".  That was a 1985 model year, same generation as this.

Iam glad you said "similarity" as the 4runner is a very different beast to the Hilux.

2 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Iam glad you said "similarity" as the 4runner is a very different beast to the Hilux.

Not in them days mate.  The 4Runner was pretty much a converted Toyota pickup (we didn't have the "Hilux" name here).  That black rear roof on my truck is actually a removable cap, although it's never been off.

38 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Not in them days mate.  The 4Runner was pretty much a converted Toyota pickup (we didn't have the "Hilux" name here).  That black rear roof on my truck is actually a removable cap, although it's never been off.

USA must have gotten different rigs then cause ive owned both here in Aus and not much is compatible between the two.

1 minute ago, Sir_Fondles said:

USA must have gotten different rigs then cause ive owned both here in Aus and not much is compatible between the two.

They're so close that the shop manual for my truck covers both the 4Runner and the pickup of the same year.

https://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1986-Toyota-Pickup-Truck-and-4Runner-Repair-Shop-Manual-Original-Gasoline-P18201.aspx