What are you driving now?

KhunDon

My car in the UK is an MB E500 Sport,5461cc of pure joy.I turned 65 last year & said that when I retired I'd sell it as it's expensive to tax(£540pa currently) but I'm still working occasionally & I love the car.It was a year old when I bought it & I've had it for 7 years now,longer than I've owned any car.It's quite a rarity as well.

The bike is an FXDX I've had since new in 2003.I've done lots of work(& spent a small fortue)to it,including stage 2 bore out to 1550cc & getting the heads gas flowed.Considerably faster than when new & it handles better than most Harleys.For the first few years the missus would refer to it as "your # 1 wife".

The pick up is what we drive in Thailand,handles like a barge but I like the feeling of plenty of metal around me on Thai roads.

car.jpg

bike.jpg

pu.jpg

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...

Very nice gents, I am picking up a Lexus SUV tomorrow.  Used 2018 from the dealership. Been using my Brothers car when back in town, but wifey arrives 1 week from today, need my own wheels as we are going to be here for a while.  Dam kind of regret selling my Infiniti back in 2016....but you can't cry over spilled milk right? 

@Rompho Ray   Like that color man, and 38 MPG with gas prices today, well done. 

@Shaksey  Beautiful color on that Benz......well done to you too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Very nice gents, I am picking up a Lexus SUV tomorrow.  Used 2018 from the dealership. Been using my Brothers car when back in town, but wifey arrives 1 week from today, need my own wheels as we are going to be here for a while.  Dam kind of regret selling my Infiniti back in 2016....but you can't cry over spilled milk right? 

@Rompho Ray   Like that color man, and 38 MPG with gas prices today, well done. 

@Shaksey  Beautiful color on that Benz......well done to you too. 

Nice Mike, lets have a pic ehh. What have you done with your Honda in Bangers mate ?

The Vauxhall Brexit - A hot-air powered limited edition. Looks like it’s heading one way, but when it moves it goes another way, confusing all who come in contact with it. Five previous owners, none of whom can be named for legal reasons. Indicators a bit dodgy, brakes function but have yet to be tried, Last seen heading who knows where

Sorry, I only have a Ford Focus with dodgy air con and its too dirty to take a picture of 😁

vauxhall brexit.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Sold my van for work as it was just sat there doing nothing.

Got this little thing for the near future..

Stock internet photo..

$_86.JPG

Paid £900  for it and it runs like a dream... cheap as chips does around 30 on the streets and on a run does around 50 miles to the gallon.

All my discount is on my business insurance  so it cost me £800 on the insurance for private use...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My previous car was a VW Fox, liked the height of it, but a rather small car for a family of four. 

Stock photo:

6fmyk5zb179s_800.jpg

Currently I own a Skoda Octavia Combi, most car for the money in its class in the VA-Group.

Stock photo:

ps-oc-frontside-vi.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Sold my van for work as it was just sat there doing nothing.

Got this little thing for the near future..

Stock internet photo..

$_86.JPG

Paid £900  for it and it runs like a dream... cheap as chips does around 30 on the streets and on a run does around 50 miles to the gallon.

This is all my discount is on my business insurance  so it cost me £800 on the insurance..

You got a bargain there

Ok so bought a 2018 Lexus Suv NX 300 the other day from the local dealer.  My Brother was kind enough when back in the USA for a month or so, to let me use one of his extra cars so we did not have to rent a car. But….wifey and I will be in USA now for the foreseeable future, so I decided we needed a car of our own. Have always bought Japanese cars the last 30 years or so, so it came down to this SUV, did a lot of research and the Lexus and the Nissan were top picks. Decided to go with the Lexus as the guy took some money off the price and threw in a 30k service when we get there. It has 12k miles on it now and was a lease rental.

Am happy and I am sure wifey will be too.

Not an engine expert by any means, this thing is only a 2.0 Litre, 4 Cylinder Engine…..but has a Turbocharger?  Why? Just always assumed Turbochargers are for much bigger engines? Guess not. 

@Pumpuynarak….Will keep the CRV back in Bangkok and wifeys brother will come over once a week to start both of our cars up and drive them on occasion until we get back.

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Ok so bought a 2018 Lexus Suv NX 300 the other day from the local dealer.  My Brother was kind enough when back in the USA for a month or so, to let me use one of his extra cars so we did not have to rent a car. But….wifey and I will be in USA now for the foreseeable future, so I decided we needed a car of our own. Have always bought Japanese cars the last 30 years or so, so it came down to this SUV, did a lot of research and the Lexus and the Nissan were top picks. Decided to go with the Lexus as the guy took some money off the price and threw in a 30k service when we get there. It has 12k miles on it now and was a lease rental.

Am happy and I am sure wifey will be too.

Not an engine expert by any means, this thing is only a 2.0 Litre, 4 Cylinder Engine…..but has a Turbocharger?  Why? Just always assumed Turbochargers are for much bigger engines? Guess not. 

@Pumpuynarak….Will keep the CRV back in Bangkok and wifeys brother will come over once a week to start both of our cars up and drive them on occasion until we get back.

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

Nice choice..

Nice pad  too , not a bad place to be outside of BKK 😊

15 minutes ago, roomark said:

Nice choice..

Nice pad  too , not a bad place to be outside of BKK 😊

Thanks Roomark, certainly the weather is favorable here and looking forward to having some fun here for a while. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I was back in the U.S. recently for a medical procedure.   I lucked out when I rented this car, a 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T, for U.S. $80.00/day.  I only needed for one day.  It would have been great for a cross-country drive.  On an empty highway in Nevada, with miles of clear view and a straight road, I could have pushed close to 200 mph, at least for a few minutes.😎  LOL, not really.  I doubt the standard tires would handle that speed, but 130 mph and maybe 150 mph wouldn't be a problem. It had a 5.7 liter (375 hp) Hemi V-8 engine.

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/19/2019 at 4:52 PM, Yessongs said:

[...]

Those turbochargers are there to give smaller engines more power, it is a replacement for displacement 😉