What are you driving now?

KhunDon

Just a thread to find out what forum members are driving now. It can be any vehicle or motorcycle and is not limited just to Thailand. Please include vehicles you drive in your home country as well.

Give us as much or as little detail as you like, is it a good drive or a lemon. MPG, AUTO, AWD etc  Would you buy another one from the same manufacturer?

Where did you buy it and if your happy to tell us, how much you paid. In fact, any information you think that would be useful to forum members.

Pictures if you have them.

Jokes and banter also help to keep it light. 

Used to have the Citreon grand C4 Piccaso 7 seater (bottom pic) diesel, Auto. A good drive, especially if you need to carry 7. Good MPG and apart from a alternator belt going caput at 21k nothing ever went wrong with it. 

Changed it last March for a Peugeot 5008 7 seater, (Top pic but not my exact car) but chose petrol this time, wish I had stuck with diesel as we are only getting about 40 mpg now.

This one is a true auto, rather than the electric shift in the Citreon and is as smooth as silk. Drives beautifully, even 7 up.

The wife drives it the most. I bought myself a Citreon C4 at the same time and is my “pub car”.

9B8EBFA1-7506-4334-BFC0-01D3080396FD.jpeg

8450BA76-9B2E-4D5F-BA72-A507CEA55398.jpeg

Edited by KhunDon

14 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

This is my drive, a vauxhall vivaro sportive LWB with all the mod cons.

Its a really good drive for a van.

media.jpg

We used to call vans like that, usually Ford Transits,  “passion wagons”. Stick a mattress in the back and off to Cornwall to pick up the surfer girls. 🤗

Just now, Painter said:

Clapped out 2002 ford fiesta. Purchased for £200 6 months ago, still rattling along. Doesn't have to do many miles, fortunately! If something breaks on it, it goes to the car park in the sky...

I had 2 Ford XR3i’s in my youth. Better known as The Ford Clitoris, as every C..T had one. 

Wrote the second one off about 1 week after driving out the showroom. 

Never had a Ford after that. 

5 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

We used to call vans like that, usually Ford Transits,  “passion wagons”. Stick a mattress in the back and off to Cornwall to pick up the surfer girls. 🤗

No chance of that her in doors has a bun in the oven... 😩

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Not a car person and keep my vehicles for a long time.

Brisbane, Australia my run about is a 1997 Kia Sportage.

DSC02275.JPG.d3edbe02e94b25bd58bcd645876f203c.JPG

In Thailand I still use my Kawasaki Cheers 112cc scooter that I bought new in 2001. Never had a problem with it.DSC02256.JPG.44f9f03487bfd56703b9c504012ab4bf.JPG

When we moved to Thailand, my wife bought a new Isuzu Adventure master. 

It was a 3 Litre auto diesel, true 7 seater. All leather, full seven seater, with the spare wheel hung on the back door. 

A bit agricultural, due to the rear leaf springs, but wasn’t a bad drive. 

Diesel back then was around Baht 11 per litre. Damn, I could fill it with 75 Ltr for around £10. Filling my petrol car now costs £70. 😟 

Inlaws still have it up at the farm, as it’s only done about 30,000 kilometres in all those years.

I wanted a motorcycle in Thailand and looked at a couple, but seeing just how Thais drove, I decided I was safer on 4 wheels. 😊

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 1

DodgeThis, looks like a trail bike, is it?

I’m too old for that now. Used to ride a Lambretta 175 when I was young, but got fed up of either falling off or getting knocked off. Stopped having any form of transportation for years, until took my car test, aged 32. Prior to that, my company gave me a driver to get me around. When I passed my test, I never looked back and would drive all over UK.

I drove a Rover when I was in Brisbane in early 1999.  

Edited by KhunDon

7 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

DodgeThis, looks like a trail bike, is it?

I’m too old for that now. Used to ride a Lambretta 175 when I was young, but got fed up of either falling off or getting knocked off. Stopped having any form of transportation for years, until took my car test, aged 32. Prior to that, my company gave me a driver to get me around. When I passed my test, I never looked back and would drive all over UK.

I drove a Rover when I was in Brisbane in early 1999.  

Yes indeed a dirt bike. I am 51 and of course not as agile as i used to be. But I am 6.5 feet so the height of the bike wont be a problem. I will use it for the dirt tracks fir about 2 weeks, after that i will switch to this: (yamaha xmax 300), very easy ride.

EE747DA6-8F80-499A-9F96-F4F0AC8A2ED5.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DodgeThis said:

Yes indeed a dirt bike. I am 51 and of course not as agile as i used to be. But I am 6.5 feet so the height of the bike wont be a problem. I will use it for the dirt tracks fir about 2 weeks, after that i will switch to this: (yamaha xmax 300), very easy ride.

EE747DA6-8F80-499A-9F96-F4F0AC8A2ED5.jpeg

Nice one, 👍

I haven't own a car since years. Didn't need one in HK, as public transportation is very good and taxis easy and cheap (weĺl, at HKG standard..)

Here in Bali, we move only by taxi. Cheap and convenient.

Last one I owned in France 10 y ago was a Renault Espace diesel. Needed considering the 3 kids !

• Thanks 1

I drive all of 6 miles a day avg. I have a 2005 Honda Accord with 52,000 give or take miles on it. It's paid off and still has about 200,000+ miles to go. It's in pristine condition. I am fucked if I get hit by some dumb shit with the blue book value. I am not really a car person and hate driving. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Since coming back form Thailand I started off using my Dads old Merc then eventually got a small bank loan and got and Audi, After working for a bit I sold it and got a new Ford Focus ST, kept that for a year and I now have an Alfa Romeo (all shared the no plate). I also bought a used Mini for the wife to potter about in.

:) 

229739_10150255864104958_533915_n.jpg

20160806_154653.jpg

20180422_150218.jpg

20170716_173316.jpg

IMG-20170204-WA0007.jpeg

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I haven't own a car since years. Didn't need one in HK, as public transportation is very good and taxis easy and cheap (weĺl, at HKG standard..)

Here in Bali, we move only by taxi. Cheap and convenient.

Last one I owned in France 10 y ago was a Renault Espace diesel. Needed considering the 3 kids !

The Espace was the car that started the large family people carrier genre, all those years ago. 👍

2 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

I drive all of 6 miles a day avg. I have a 2005 Honda Accord with 52,000 give or take miles on it. It's paid off and still has about 200,000+ miles to go. It's in pristine condition. I am fucked if I get hit by some dumb shit with the blue book value. I am not really a car person and hate driving. 

Providing no idiot hits you, those Accords will go twice around the clock if looked after. 🤗

Two years ago, I was driving a brand new Benz and hit a elderly couple ( or rather they hit me, but it was my fault) who were driving a 9 year old Nissan Almera. It was there pride and joy and was in pristine condition, but both cars were written off. They got £700 scrap value and I had a new, identical Benz in 3 days. Didn’t even lose my no claims bonus, as that was protected. Police didn’t charge me, as no injuries. I felt sorry for the old chap, but the police ruled it an accident, so that was that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Since coming back form Thailand I started off using my Dads old Merc then eventually got a small bank loan and got and Audi, After working for a bit I sold it and got a new Ford Focus ST, kept that for a year and I now have an Alfa Romeo (all shared the no plate). I also bought a used Mini for the wife to potter about in.

:) 

229739_10150255864104958_533915_n.jpg

20160806_154653.jpg

20180422_150218.jpg

20170716_173316.jpg

IMG-20170204-WA0007.jpeg

I had an Audi TT 225 Bhp when they first came out, paid £26k for it. Imported it from Belgium and saved £7K against the UK Audi price of £33K.

Drove it for 4 months, put 20,000 miles on it, and still sold it for £24K to an Audi enthusiast. 👍

That Audi of yours is Naf. 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Exactly ! And had a fiber body on an aluminium chassis.

Generation 1

images-4.jpg.09de74d0970ab7e3bd91347db49cd61a.jpg

images-5.jpg.1cec330aaae93fc1d55a804f5781e176.jpg

Mine, Gen 3, same color, same configuration :

images-6.jpg.2613eaedb4821c889c663b88e26aacce.jpg

I always wondered what the wing on the roof was for, in that last pic. Equivalent of go faster stripes I suppose. 😊

3 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

I bought my wife a new Honda Civic Executive auto in green, straight out of the showroom, for her to learn to drive in UK back in 99 I think it was.

Pic is off same model but ours was green.

Lovely little car, 1.6 Ltr petrol auto.

Idea was to leave it in UK garaged, so she had a car to use on trips back here. 

Took her out once to teach her to drive in UK. Damn, that one lesson almost ended in divorce, she drove like she drove in Thailand! Like a friggin maniac!

Set her up with a proper driving instructor, I wasn’t bothered if she killed him. 🤣 She didn’t and passed first time. 👍

57735893-FF40-4364-815F-B7FECAE6EBA5.jpeg

Edited by KhunDon
To add the picture.
  • Thumbs Up 2