What are you driving now?

KhunDon

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

I always wondered what the wing on the roof was for, in that last pic. Equivalent of go faster stripes I suppose. 😊

Naah.....

It are the roof loading bars. In fact 2 elements, sliding in a groove, you adjust them at your convenience when you want to carry something on the roof.

Pretty smart and nice look !

images-8.jpg.57aaf9dd6f878d4730a023b81bc627e1.jpg

images-9.jpg.ee8c60390dbd9c125132ce55f5f697e0.jpg

th.jpg.56dca13cfa7f114c079c595e0886fdda.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Not a car person and keep my vehicles for a long time.

Brisbane, Australia my run about is a 1997 Kia Sportage.

DSC02275.JPG.d3edbe02e94b25bd58bcd645876f203c.JPG

In Thailand I still use my Kawasaki Cheers 112cc scooter that I bought new in 2001. Never had a problem with it.DSC02256.JPG.44f9f03487bfd56703b9c504012ab4bf.JPG

Just wondered @thegrogmonster do you just keep them and never trade in mate..?

I guess if take care of them its the best thing to do.

I sold my mothers car, only a small Corsa but it was a 1.6 sport she had from brand new maybe 16 years old it had done maybe 15000 miles and it looked like a brand-new car.

It sold for maybe double the market value.

• Like 1

I currently don't here in London, can walk to my main office, and public  transport is good. Just another added expense I don't need at present.

Though as the child grows, I probably will get something small for the 3 of us to go out and about at weekends.

Also think it would be good for the wife to drive wherever when i'm at work.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Just wondered @thegrogmonster do you just keep them and never trade in mate..?

I guess if take care of them its the best thing to do.

I sold my mothers car, only a small Corsa but it was a 1.6 sport she had from brand new maybe 16 years old it had done maybe 15000 miles and it looked like a brand-new car.

It sold for maybe double the market value.

Yes I keep the cars in good condition and they normally get a respray while I own them. My cars have low kms and I normally get double market value. I haven't had to advertise the cars for sale as it it is word of mouth or someone just asks if I am interested in selling the car.

Last time I was living in the UK when someone asked my mum if they could buy my car. Certainly I said.

Edited by thegrogmonster
  • Like 1

2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R 750cc sports bike.Had it about 3 and a half years now.Has 35k on the clock but still rides great.Replaced a fair few parts on it so its pretty much sorted for a few years apart from routine servicing.Gave £2200 for it from a dealer so top end pricing,but should be worth about £1500 private sale as old 90's model sports bikes are starting to become collectable and prices are rising.

Been really reliable and used daily.Handling is spot on and have had about 160 odd on the clock,probably around 150 real speed but still not flat out.

Can't go wrong with big Kwak engines,usually very tough.

100_0899.JPG

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/14/2018 at 9:01 PM, Painter said:

Clapped out 2002 ford fiesta. Purchased for £200 6 months ago, still rattling along. Doesn't have to do many miles, fortunately! If something breaks on it, it goes to the car park in the sky...

Similar policy here and currently got a Fiesta Ghia 1.6 from 2006.  Buy from ebay and throw it away if it stops going, although this one has kept me going for 3 years already.  I only do around 3,000 miles a year so no justification for anything more.

Edited by KWA

After driving around in 10-15 year old cars for the past 8 years (money tight due to raising the little one and all her demands :D) I decided to buy a new one, partly to let her experience the 'new car smell'. Even then I restricted myself and bought the second cheapest car on the market. Had her nearly 3 weeks and already she has done 148 miles!

40580387_1905604156129175_8820846009656541184_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, ArtyGraph said:

After driving around in 10-15 year old cars for the past 8 years (money tight due to raising the little one and all her demands :D) I decided to buy a new one, partly to let her experience the 'new car smell'. Even then I restricted myself and bought the second cheapest car on the market. Had her nearly 3 weeks and already she has done 148 miles!

40580387_1905604156129175_8820846009656541184_n.jpg

Newest car i ever owned was a 14 month old Fiat Punto.Back when i was living with my bird and she would not ride pillion.😀

Did own a brand new 125 back when i was about 18 though,was the same as this.Kevin Schwantz was my GP racer hero and this was a replica of his race colours.

rg125.jpg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Sold my 12 year old VW 2 litre Golf and bought a Toyota Corrola....Damm I miss my Golf.

Same here, sold my 2017 Ford Focus ST and now have a diesel Alfa Romeo, I really like it but the pedal to the floor experience isn't the same. I do miss the ST but my sensible side overpowered the impractical side.

I really miss my Truck and bike that I had in Pattaya.

:)

• Like 2

Just now, Lanzalad said:

I'd not been on one for years then only last month had a go on one and i was all over the place... 

Lol

I re-made that one myself with all the classic parts (can buy on E Bay etc) been on the local BMX track with my lads for a laugh on it too though I nearly killed myself round the track on the first jump 🤣🤣

Saw someone on an original Raleigh Chopper the other day and it got me thinking 🤔🤣🤣

You'd be surprised the classic bikes go for small fortunes now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, roomark said:

Lol

I re-made that one myself with all the classic parts (can buy on E Bay etc) been on the local BMX track with my lads for a laugh on it too though I nearly killed myself round the track on the first jump 🤣🤣

Saw someone on an original Raleigh Chopper the other day and it got me thinking 🤔🤣🤣

You'd be surprised the classic bikes go for small fortunes now.

Yes i was doing the same on Ebay only last week 

I was looking up PK Rippers 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Yes i was doing the same on Ebay only last week 

I was looking up PK Rippers 

There's been some brilliant PK Rippers on over summer Lol

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232810271029

Always wanted an original Kuwaraha ET myself and like a prick a few summer's ago half pissed I bid on one from Australia and won..

I woke up in the morning to a "Pay Now" notification (it worked out at something crazy like £2k) I got out of it though and said my kids were messing with my phone..

WTF the things you do pissed reminiscing  🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Edited by roomark
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, roomark said:

There's been some brilliant PK Rippers on over summer Lol

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232810271029

Always wanted an original Kuwaraha ET myself and like a prick a few summer's ago half pissed I bid on one from Australia and won..

I woke up in the morning to a "Pay Now" notification (it worked out at something crazy like £2k) I got out of it though and said my kids were messing with my phone..

WTF the things you do pissed reminiscing  🤣🤣🤣🤣 

I once bought an old bible when pissed/high on ebay when i was deep in my addiction days.Thought it held the answer to sorting my life out and get me on the straight and narrow.

Few day later the postman knocked on the door.Took it off him and threw it straight in the bin by the front door.He did give me a strange look lol.

Drunken ebaying,can't beat it.😀

Also bid £1700 on an Aprilia Millie 1000cc bike when pissed but luckily got outbid.😀

• Haha 4
  • Surprised 1

Wifes car is a 2014 - Skoda Yeti, had it since it was 6 months old, still only 24,000 on the clock.

I have bought myself 2015 Peugeot 208, for the runabout, £10 a year to tax, 27,000 on the clock, probably keep it till it falls apart, lovely little car with a good few toys, cruise control and a speed limiter, DAB radio.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

I once bought an old bible when pissed/high on ebay when i was deep in my addiction days.Thought it held the answer to sorting my life out and get me on the straight and narrow.

Few day later the postman knocked on the door.Took it off him and threw it straight in the bin by the front door.He did give me a strange look lol.

Drunken ebaying,can't beat it.😀

Also bid £1700 on an Aprilia Millie 1000cc bike when pissed but luckily got outbid.😀

Bless you my son 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1