What are you driving now?

15 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Those turbochargers are there to give smaller engines more power, it is a replacement for displacement 😉

Not only small engines. Big machinery with 450 to 1000 HP engines have them also.

As mentioned the idea is to get more HP out of the same CC engine.  Being it a 1,1 L or a 20 L 

Forcing more air in the cylinder allows to inject more fuel, keeping the optimum mix ratio, and as result having a bit more HP above a certain RPM .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Vauxhall Brexit - A hot-air powered limited edition. Looks like it’s heading one way, but when it moves it goes another way, confusing all who come in contact with it. Five previous owners, none o

Ok so bought a 2018 Lexus Suv NX 300 the other day from the local dealer.  My Brother was kind enough when back in the USA for a month or so, to let me use one of his extra cars so we did not have to

Got this a couple of weeks ago. 

Posted Images

Appreciate the inputs gentlemen, Ok next question then.....having a turbocharger better for gas mileage or not? 

Surprisingly I really thought the gas mileage might be a bit better, considering it is only 4 cylinders. 

38 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Appreciate the inputs gentlemen, Ok next question then.....having a turbocharger better for gas mileage or not? 

Surprisingly I really thought the gas mileage might be a bit better, considering it is only 4 cylinders. 

Gas mileage depends for a good part on your driving profile.

Big Vroom, vroom accelerations and "sporty" driving are not good for it.

Anyway as you guys all fancy big V6 or V8 trucks, I dont think MPG is really is big criteria ?

In a genera wayl gas mileage has been mainly and largely been improved by the use of electronic controls (ECU and electronic injection system) . 

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, Thai Spice said:

Gas mileage depends for a good part on your driving profile.

Big Vroom, vroom accelerations and "sporty" driving are not good for it.

Anyway as you guys all fancy big V6 or V8 trucks, I dont think MPG is really is big criteria ?

In a genera wayl gas mileage has been mainly and largely been improved by the use of electronic controls (ECU and electronic injection system) . 

Spot on, if you can drive off-boost then mpg can be really good.

• 1 year later...
On 9/12/2020 at 1:59 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Red BMW Mini Cooper

10 hours ago, Bikerchris said:

Skoda Superb estate great motor , 2 litre 188 BHP £30 a yr road tax 🙂 treat myself seein no Thailand this yr ? 

Any pics guys ?

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Toyota Fortuner, i've had it from new since April 2007, 3.0 litre turbo diesel, its done 177K and i love it. I can drive it to Patts and wifey's village, its such a versatile car.

P1000697 (640x480).jpg

P1000698 (640x480).jpg

That looks in excellent condition.

My Ford's the same year but I have minor scratches and dents on the front, back and one side all caused by motorbikes going into me.

This happened on no less than five seperate occasions. Three of those the riders got up off the road; got back on the motorbike and road off before I could speak to them. The other two, needless to say, had no insurance and the damage was minor but annoying nevertheless.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of my summer cars - 1992 BMW "E36" 325i, originally built for Japanese export with LHD,  basically a Euro version with a couple of quirks for Japan -  and imported to Canada later; only 114K km on the clock and totally rust free: 

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 4 weeks later...