How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
coxyhog

Bying online

Got this from another forum I'm on,maybe you all knew about it but I didn't.

today i used a website to find some travel prices i recieved a price, went to 2,3 others to compare when i went back the price was up 23% ... in the space of 10 min !! i was much annoyed.. so i thought maybe something going on, so i deleted my history and cookies ,went back to the same site and lo behold price back to origional ,ie down 23% exactly... now maybe you guys knew this ? i did not. but have tried it 2x now so know thats what happens.. so if you did,nt think about it..

Yea, I have my laptop set to delete them all every time I log off, so every day.  

Skyscanner claim it doesn't happen with them, as they don't go through to where actual prices are unless you do. 

Yes, often when they see you "insist" they tend to push up the price.

Delete cookies, history, use VPN and switch , double check with another device ..

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

today i used a website to find some travel prices i recieved a price, went to 2,3 others to compare when i went back the price was up 23% ... in the space of 10 min !! i was much annoyed.. so i thought maybe something going on, so i deleted my history and cookies ,went back to the same site and lo behold price back to origional ,ie down 23% exactly... now maybe you guys knew this ? i did not. but have tried it 2x now so know thats what happens.. so if you did,nt think about it..

Good information for those who don't know, I have found this myself and believe I originally got the heads up on another forum.

Think it also applies across devices - tried to get a hotel price via Agoda on the lap top and found that using my mobile for the same deal worked out cheaper. Odd but worth doing everything mentioned by your fellow members in this thread to ensure getting the best prices.

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Thanks for the info......bloody crooks, but who can blame them? All about maximizing profits

Imagine a business making a profit. 

How dare they. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Yep.

Always clear your cookies when making multiple searches for on line purchases. Buying airline tickets is a good example.

• Great Info 1

Urban myth from what I understand, but no harm in being careful and deleting cookies anyway.

The airline ticket one is regularly trotted out as an example but can usually be explained away by the dynamic pricing some airlines use, which may be responding to an increased volume of searches.

Sign in to follow this