NFL

Stillearly

Just reading that the Jacksonville Jaguars will be playing back to back home games at Wembley this year.

Understandably their fans are furious

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/2/5/21123210/jacksonville-jaguars-london-international-series-nfl-home-games

Jags have a shocking record listed in the link 38-90 and only 1 season above .500.

I attended the Wembley game last year versus the Texans, and the Jags were awful losing 26-3.

There were stacks of tickets available via StubHub, if they are as poor next year, Khan may be overestimating the attraction of the Jags to a London crowd

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Just reading that the Jacksonville Jaguars will be playing back to back home games at Wembley this year.

Understandably their fans are furious

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/2/5/21123210/jacksonville-jaguars-london-international-series-nfl-home-games

Jags have a shocking record listed in the link 38-90 and only 1 season above .500.

I attended the Wembley game last year versus the Texans, and the Jags were awful losing 26-3.

There were stacks of tickets available via StubHub, if they are as poor next year, Khan may be overestimating the attraction of the Jags to a London crowd

Maybe their Pakistani owner should spend more time looking for good players for the team, instead of attending Fulham F.C. games and cruising on his billion $ yacht. 
Oh, my bad, yacht is for rent @ $1.2 million/week

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Maybe their Pakistani owner should spend more time looking for good players for the team, instead of attending Fulham F.C. games and cruising on his billion $ yacht. 
Oh, my bad, yacht is for rent @ $1.2 million/week

Hard life for these NFL owners😀

Do the Jags tend to have salary cap space? I'm a long way from understanding the economics of the NFL. Sounds like a great system theoretically, to even things out but the Jags seem to disprove it by sucking every year!! Guess coaching and recruitment wins out.

For what it's worth off-topic,  Craven Cottage (Fulham) is a beautiful old ground, very historic (bits of the ground  go back to 1905). If the game's a stinker you can glance at the rowing crews going down the Thames😁 if you are in behind the goal in the away end. The Oxford v's Cambridge annual university boat course passes the ground.

• Great Info 1

I think the Jags should have cap space available. But it is one of the least desirable franchises, I think Khan got them for $700m, the Cowboys’ value is approaching $6B I believe. My point is, most teams are limited by the cap, because they have vast funds & turn a guaranteed profit. But it is possible that the Jags actually penny pinch way under the cap Max. 

It is very sad when parity in pro sports doesn’t exist, but that’s life! Makes what Leicester did in 2016 look like, well, a miracle. Shows that the deepest pockets don’t guarantee championships. If that was the case, then the Yankees would win the World Series every year

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Hard life for these NFL owners😀

Do the Jags tend to have salary cap space? I'm a long way from understanding the economics of the NFL. Sounds like a great system theoretically, to even things out but the Jags seem to disprove it by sucking every year!! Guess coaching and recruitment wins out.

Boy was I wrong.....ignore above post. Jags are actually over the cap, the 3rd biggest spenders for 2020. The “frugal” teams have roughly 50% of the $188m available to spend. Had no idea, thought the whole NFL spent near the limit

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2020/

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Tom Brady leaves New England Patriots: NFL world reacts

Tom Brady shocked the NFL world by announcing he’s leaving the New England Patriots, where he’s spent his entire 20-year pro career.

But will there even be a season this year?

Tom Brady signs with Tampa Bay Buccaneers

After announcing he was leaving his home of 20 years in New England, Tom Brady has reportedly signed with a new franchise.

Edited by fygjam
found out where he was going
  • Surprised 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan Snyder to review, consider Washington Redskins name change after pressure from officials, FedEx and Nike

It appears a significant change is on the horizon in Washington

The Washington Foreskins?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...