NFL

Stillearly

On 8/31/2020 at 5:09 AM, fygjam said:

Any fans of W Football Team?

nfl.jpg

Just hope the old boy owners don’t cave in to all the BLM bullshit and the 18 weeks or whatever go off with no cancellations. I’ve been itching for the NFL, thank God COVID hit a month after SuperBowl, so they’ve had the best timeline to deal with it of all the major sports. Still don’t know what the crowd situation will be like.

A shame Steelers4Life won’t be around anymore to chat on this topic.....rest easy Ted

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Watching MNF right now, was quite the Sunday Night thriller between Seattle & Arizona. 
The play DK Metcalf made to prevent the DB from returning the interception for TD, was one of the most impressive feats I’ve seen. Chased down a much smaller man, with maybe a 15 yard head start, in about 90 yards or less. Don’t know if DK is juicing or what, but he is a freak of nature no matter what

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Yeah, saw this live, couldn’t believe it. Even more strange IMO was the play with Fitzgerald, poor guy gives it all he’s got to dive for a catch, his elbow hits the turf, ball bounces straight into other team’s hands. Looked incomplete, but it never touched the ground, only poor Larry’s flesh. 

BTW, this was the game they moved the Masters tee times up for.......I guess CBS really can tell the future, was a dynamite affair.

Anyway, that Kyler Murray is something else. So young but already knowledgeable, hope he stays healthy, those QB who like to run often get hurt

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jesus, Antonio Brown being investigated again....reminds me of Pac-Man Jones. Can’t this guy just live a boring life, show up and play great football, and stay the f—k out of trouble? I think he’s missed 2.5 years already, in his prime, don’t know how much more BS the league will tolerate. Still 35th all time in yardage, would be top 10 at age 32 had he just behaved

DA62E613-4CBD-465A-912D-12D25BA7B46A.png

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was a great Thursday Night game, Chargers over Raiders in overtime. 
Wouldn’t have gone that far had the Chargers kicker been more accurate, but still a great game.

Feel really bad for Carr, he grabbed his jock and I knew right away it was a groin pull. Had that happen to me at 13 in a game of indoor hockey, was playing goalie and stretched for the puck on my knees. Could do no sudden athletic movements  for over a week. The groin is a muscle we don’t know we have......until it gets pulled

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Was a great Thursday Night game, Chargers over Raiders in overtime. 
Wouldn’t have gone that far had the Chargers kicker been more accurate, but still a great game.

Feel really bad for Carr, he grabbed his jock and I knew right away it was a groin pull. Had that happen to me at 13 in a game of indoor hockey, was playing goalie and stretched for the puck on my knees. Could do no sudden athletic movements  for over a week. The groin is a muscle we don’t know we have......until it gets pulled

Just watched the highlights, cracking game.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching the college championship......had no idea Devontae Smith was that good. I wondered how a WR/KR snagged the Heisman.....now I know. Guy is fast, very dangerous on returns, almost seems too good for this level.

But, the NFL is a different story

Incredibly disappointed in "The Rams" game yesterday against Green Bay. 

Of course with me and The Rams everything I predict never happens with them.

Jared Goff played great and the Defense not so well. 

Got to give it up to Aaron Rodgers, this guy is having one hell of a season. Good on him...much respect. 

• Like 1

Very controversial play CLE-KC, with Browns’ receiver diving for the goal line, and the ball getting knocked loose for a touchback. Awesome effort by Sorensen, but rules are rules, 100% that was leading with the helmet. How can the referee be right there for the fumble call, yet not call the spear? 

Now Cleveland has pulled within 9.....if this ends up being a one score game, I think they will be talking about that hit for a while

• Thumbs Up 1

Mahomes is out for the rest of the game. Weird concussion, no head contact, but looks like the defender choked him somehow. 
Maybe the coaches should treat him like a half-billion player and have him avoid contact like that. Chiefs season suddenly in jeopardy