NFL

Stillearly

On 11/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, Yessongs said:

Yeah my Rams are a big disaster this year, offensive line has tanked, alot of injuries there and 2 more just this week. No running game where 2 years ago, they were great with Gurley....Goff is just average and still does not get the feeling when the pocket is collapsing, to do something other then taking a sack. His passes are horrible at times and he cannot scramble at all. 

I need a "Prozac" LOL! 

I grew up in Montreal, so I was happy when Washington won the World Series as the Expos franchise moved there in 2004. Goff’s father Jerry was a catcher for them in the 90’s. Thought the name sounded familiar

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

What an ugly finish to this game. Garrett is a star player and #1 overall pick. Game is over in 10 seconds, and he rips off the QB’s helmet and hits him with it? Savage and stupid, there are no words to describe it

A few boots going in as well.

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

What an ugly finish to this game. Garrett is a star player and #1 overall pick. Game is over in 10 seconds, and he rips off the QB’s helmet and hits him with it? Savage and stupid, there are no words to describe it

Agree, but from what saw, the QB did try to pull his helmet off first.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Where's Steelers for Life when you need him ........... to the board please.

Radio in UK talking about possible police charges this evening ??? 

Livened up the end of the game anyway ........ :default_fing23:

Suspended indefinitely, end of season as the minimum 

Remember when Duncan Fergusson got a 3 month sentence, for head-butting another player? There was a certain old school honesty to his on-field violence, none of that here. Took a hard line with burglars too 😀:default_fing23:

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Suspended indefinitely, end of season as the minimum 

Remember when Duncan Fergusson got a 3 month sentence, for head-butting another player? There was a certain old school honesty to his on-field violence, none of that here. Took a hard line with burglars too 😀:default_fing23:

The burglar ended up with broken legs 

Also beat a man up with his own crutches 😄

• Like 1

Had that swing by Garrett hit Rudolph with the crown of his helmet to his head, with the force he used when swinging, then we very well might be talking about something else here, like perhaps criminal charges for assault. If this happens in the street, then it's a wrap and somebody is be arrested.

In a game of controlled violence and mayhem on every play, the line of what is honest, hard fought competition and going over the edge, can be a sizable one, a line that allows for often giving the player the benefit of the doubt with emotions running high. Usually an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the offending player and you move on to the next play.

But with this, there is no mistake, no excuse. He was suspended for the rest of the year but Pouncey should immediately appeal his suspension to the league, as his response was in coming to the rescue of his teammate and quarterback. I guarantee you, among his fellow NFL players, there is no one being held with greater respect, particularly with other fellow offensive lineman throughout the league, than Pouncey.

And the players for the Browns, after beating Pittsburgh for the first time in a long while, have their victorious moment forgotten due to the actions of their teammate as the only thing being talked about is the fight at the end.

Naturally, CBS, the network that shows AFC matchups, will be leading the charge in the build up for the rematch in Pittsburgh, with all the over the top hype of a used car salesman in the hope that it will draw a larger than normal audience share.

They will most likely feature that game in more media markets than it normally would draw.

Edited by Mr. Smooth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Where's Steelers for Life when you need him ........... to the board please.

Radio in UK talking about possible police charges this evening ??? 

Livened up the end of the game anyway ........ :default_fing23:

555 I'm going with what Mike Tomlin said, ""I'll keep my thoughts to myself, You guys saw what happened at the end." :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Had that swing by Garrett hit Rudolph with the crown of his helmet to his head, with the force he used when swinging, then we very well might be talking about something else here, like perhaps criminal charges for assault. If this happens in the street, then it's a wrap and somebody is be arrested.

In a game of controlled violence and mayhem on every play, the line of what is honest, hard fought competition and going over the edge, can be a sizable one, a line that allows for often giving the player the benefit of the doubt with emotions running high. Usually an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the offending player and you move on to the next play.

But with this, there is no mistake, no excuse. He was suspended for the rest of the year but Pouncey should immediately appeal his suspension to the league, as his response was in coming to the rescue of his teammate and quarterback. I guarantee you, among his fellow NFL players, there is no one being held with greater respect, particularly with other fellow offensive lineman throughout the league, than Pouncey.

And the players for the Browns, after beating Pittsburgh for the first time in a long while, have their victorious moment forgotten due to the actions of their teammate as the only thing being talked about is the fight at the end.

Naturally, CBS, the network that shows AFC matchups, will be leading the charge in the build up for the rematch in Pittsburgh, with all the over the top hype of a used car salesman in the hope that it will draw a larger than normal audience share.

They will most likely feature that game in more media markets than it normally would draw.

Even so, kicking someone in the head when they are down has to be punished 

• Thumbs Up 1

Before Pouncey came running in, #66 had a hold of Garrett and 71 is there too. #66 was scared to contact the referee IMO, and rightly so as that can be severely punished. He released his grip just enough. Just shocking that a 300+ pound man can be grabbing you one second, and you are able to bust free, and have the temper as well, to swing a helmet the next moment. I don’t think Garrett will serve more than the final 6 games, but he will be on a very short leash for similar behaviour in the future. People call Suh and Fairley dirty, but they never did something like Garrett did. 

• 2 weeks later...