Jump to content
john luke

Four days and three nights in and around Old Town Prague.

Recommended Posts

 

 

20190908-IMG_0847-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0096-Edit.jpg

During the back end of last week I was able to spend four days in Prague.  The weather was mixed with changes between bright and sunny, dry but dull and rain occurring.  It was quite warm and most of the time I was able to walk around in shirt sleeves.  The place was quite busy with many people around; in consequence a lot of the architectural shots are of parts of a building or individual statues rather than whole buildings.  

20190905-IMG_0097.jpg

20190905-IMG_0098.jpg

20190905-IMG_0099.jpg

20190905-IMG_0100.jpg

20190905-IMG_0101.jpg

20190905-IMG_0102.jpg

20190905-IMG_0104-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0105-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0106.jpg

20190905-IMG_0107.jpg

20190905-IMG_0108-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0109.jpg

20190905-IMG_0111.jpg

20190905-IMG_0113-Edit-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0114-Edit-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0116-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0117.jpg

20190905-IMG_0119-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0120-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0122-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0123-Edit-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0126.jpg

20190905-IMG_0127.jpg

20190905-IMG_0128.jpg

20190905-IMG_0130.jpg

20190905-IMG_0131.jpg

20190905-IMG_0134.jpg

20190905-IMG_0135.jpg

20190905-IMG_0137-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0139.jpg

 

20190905-IMG_0141.jpg

20190905-IMG_0144.jpg

20190905-IMG_0146-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0148.jpg

20190905-IMG_0154.jpg

20190905-IMG_0155-Edit-Edit.jpg

20190905-IMG_0142.jpg

20190905-IMG_0140.jpg

20190905-IMG_0147.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pics , love Prague , been five or six times , but not for about ten years ... need to pop back 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, yes - a really beautiful city.   Do they still have the bands busking and selling their CDs on Karlovy Most every Sunday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pics JL TFP. I've never been but both me sons have and loved it. Now these guys would get my attention and donation.....

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely outstanding photo report.

When I left the UK in 2006 I seem to recall that Prague was taking over from Dublin as a venue for a lads weekend piss up.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potential Christmas market weekend break for us. Looking at a few options, also in Germany and Strasbourg. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Potential Christmas market weekend break for us. Looking at a few options, also in Germany and Strasbourg. 

I thought the Christmas market in Prague was cool , pretty small , but was snowing at the time as well 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I thought the Christmas market in Prague was cool , pretty small , but was snowing at the time as well 🙂 

Yea, I think both and wife and the little one would love it, whichever one we choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Germany for Christmas last year. Marburg, Nuremberg, Augsburg and Munich. Christmas Markets were out of this world.

Prague is wonderful in Spring lovely city but told it is now too busy in Summer.

John Luke that Chinese demo is Falun Gong followers  ....... dissident Chinese religious group persecuted by the Commies and Xi Ping. See them in Soho Chinatown every Saturday.

Nice pics especially St Charles Bridge ones .......the olde Jewish quarter is amazing too where Franz Kafka lived and also the Orthodox St Cyril's Cathedral where Operation Anthropoid ended and the Czech heroes were all killed after assassinating Heydrich. :default_friends:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nampla69 said:

Went to Germany for Christmas last year. Marburg, Nuremberg, Augsburg and Munich. Christmas Markets were out of this world.

Prague is wonderful in Spring lovely city but told it is now too busy in Summer.

John Luke that Chinese demo is Falun Gong followers  ....... dissident Chinese religious group persecuted by the Commies and Xi Ping. See them in Soho Chinatown every Saturday.

Nice pics especially St Charles Bridge ones .......the olde Jewish quarter is amazing too where Franz Kafka lived and also the Orthodox St Cyril's Cathedral where Operation Anthropoid ended and the Czech heroes were all killed after assassinating Heydrich. :default_friends:

Yes periodically they have a stall and petition in Leeds.

As far as being busy, yes, you are correct and the week I visited was after the school holidays were over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...