Lanzalad

I think everyone remembers...

Another atrocity, where the conspiracy freaks need such a good kick in the balls. 

Wankers!

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Another atrocity, where the conspiracy freaks need such a good kick in the balls. 

Wankers!

Agree 100% 

We were on our annual golfing week in Bournemouth.

We finished our round and walked into the Clubhouse bar which is very large and as the complex had 36 holes was very busy. Except, you could almost have heard the proverbial pin drop as everyone was glued silently to the large TV in the corner.

It took the four of us some while to come to turns with what we were seeing being repeated on the screen. The eyes took it in but my brain did not seem to want to process what appeared to be a large commercial aeroplane flying into a very tall building.

I have no idea how long we stood in that Bar but it was a long time as the full horrors unfolded.

How could one not remember.

Actually I was asleep. Didn't find out until the morning when my partner told me. She had been working the night before at the local Italian but didn't want to wake me when she got home.

TV at work was on all the following day.

The day the world changed 😥

I spent a few days in NY a couple of months after.

The iron cross from the bent steel frame was still up and the place was still very much  a wreck and building site.

18 years !!

Was returning from a days fishing in Plymouth,when my friend's wife phoned to say what happened.She called again a few minutes later and told us about the other one.

Unbelievable.

ex wife was a yank, and we had lived in NY.. back in UK came home from shopping nd caught the first one on the news,  stunned we watched as the second one hit.  we honestly believed ww3 had just begun before our eyes

I'd just finished supervising a repair after a power truck ran into an aircraft in Madrid.I couldn't sign it off because the local mechs couldn't get the engines started & I needed it pressurised to leak check the repair.So I had nothing to do & one of the said mechs told me to go to Casa de Campo,he said I'd like it.

It was a big park full of hookers,mainly African & mainly with their tits hanging out.I drove round for ages.

On the way back to my hotel the missus rang & said something about a plane going into a building in the States & I got back in time to see the second one go in on CNN.

Next morning the engines got started & I signed it off.When I checked out the hotel lobby was full of people wanting a room because flights across the pond had stopped I guess.

I was running late for my check in & the thought hit me that if I missed my flight I'd be sleeping rough that night.Fortunately I made it.

It was about 2 weeks before i went out to Thailand for a year.Was finishing my last few days working as a panel beater for a shop in Hanworth.Then the news started coming over the radio and everyone was stunned.We thought WW3 was starting.

When i flew to Thailand on EVA 2 weeks later the plane was over half empty and they had security guards on the plane,guess a lot of people cancelled their flights after it happened.Was even emptier than when they had the SARS outbreak a few years later.

RIP to all those who died and to all the other innocent victims of terrorism around the world who died to a tiny minority's warped belief's.

Was actually flying from Stockholm to Heathrow at the time the planes hit the towers. Obviously the pilots were made aware of what had taken place as the cabin crew were running around in what seemed a bit of a panic.  Word soon got around what had taken place and we were advised that we may be delayed into Heathrow as they had restricted the airspace over London and eventually we came in from the west over Windsor.

My first view of what happened was seeing it on TVs as we came through arrivals.

Didn't really think about it at the time but soon realised that being on a plane at the same time as these other poor souls was quite spooky.

But for the grace of God go I...............

18 hours ago, coxyhog said:

A terrible event,one of those where you'll always remember where you were ones.

In the departure lounge of the old airport in BKK. I wondered why people were all crowded around the TV screens.

I didn't find out what had happened until my Cousin told me when he picked me up from Heathrow.

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

But for the grace of God go I...............

In the 1980's I was drinking with a couple of Royal Marines in Pattaya & we said our goodbye's as they were leaving the next day.

Then they were in the bar the next night....they had worked it out they could have another night in Pattaya & just make it back to their Scottish base in time.

The Kuwait Airways flight they should have been on was hijacked & flown to Iran....

• Like 1

Yep, was watching it on TV here as I was getting ready for work that morning. The images of those people jumping form the towers is something I will never forget.

Was working in a dealing room at the time so had loads of TVs around , after the first plane hit , we squared all of our intraday trading positions and just watched it all unfold ... particularly remember seeing the second plane just before it hit ... doesn't seem like 18 years ago 

I was watching a movie at a theater in Phuket and had to make a toilet break. In the lobby a big screen TV was showing the attacks. I thought it was a trailer for some movie. After the movie ended my TG and I went to a bar and reality set in. We sat there for a couple hours watching the horror.

My return flight to the states was cancelled due to the grounding of commercial aircraft. Because of the backlog of people trying to get to the states after commercial flying resumed, I had to extend my stay 11 days. My boss gave me plenty of shit about that.

19 hours ago, Krapow said:

Wankers!

Well, I used to think that too, but there's still doubts in my mind. And the latest research from an investigation states it was a controlled demolition. I'd be horrified if it were true.

I remember many things from that day on.

Of course waking up getting ready for work. Looking at the T.V. (sound muted) seeing a fire in the tower. I thought hmmm, a fire. As I sat down to look I see another plane fly into the other tower. Holy f**k !!!!

The two main things I recall is the first two phone calls I made. To my mother who was baking and listening to public radio. All I said is mom, turn on the T.V. I had never done that before she knew from me saying that that something very significant was happening. The other was to my best pal.

The other thing I remember vividly was when at work the following morning on a crisp fall day. Sky was perfectly clear and bright.

Looking up at that beautiful blue and not seeing one exhaust trail from an airliner. Knowing they all had been grounded. Shit really sank in at that point. My work then became that much more serious.... as if it wasn't enough.