Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

Scam or Genuiune ?

Recommended Posts

Just received this email in my Junk folder, it think its a scam for my bank details as i have'nt submitted any tax return to HMRC, what do ya think ?

Scam.PNG

  • Surprised 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

You might want to hide your email address 

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Total scam as in first line.   

It is HMRC not HRMC...........

I get these regularly unfortunately.

Also as mentioned they would write to you, they would never email.

Edited by Horizondave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Total scam as in first line.   

It is HMRC not HRMC...........

I get these regularly unfortunately.

Also as mentioned they would write to you, they would never email.

 

And why do HRMC or HMRC need to use a bbc email address?

00000.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fygjam said:

 

And why do HRMC or HMRC need to use a bbc email address?

00000.png

I didn't get passed the HRMC before deciding it was a scam, everything else just embellishes the scam .

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

You might want to hide your email address 

It's a scam that has been going a few years now  Also I would hide your email addy too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

You might want to hide your email address 

 

11 hours ago, BarryL said:

yes

 

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

It's a scam that has been going a few years now  Also I would hide your email addy too!

If you're referring to this its not my email address....

 

Email address.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally delete all spam. Never even open the spam folder -I just delete it all. I don't even open my supposed regular emails from people/contacts I don't know. Same with the smartphone. If a name or number rings me up and I don't know them, I block and delete them. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

I personally delete all spam. Never even open the spam folder -I just delete it all. I don't even open my supposed regular emails from people/contacts I don't know. Same with the smartphone. If a name or number rings me up and I don't know them, I block and delete them. 

Good thinking mate but some emails that end up in the junk are genuine ???? I'm the same as you with the phone, if it ain't in me contacts i don't answer, i take the view that if its genuine they'll send me an sms eventually.  

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

some emails that end up in the junk are genuine

Just delete those too. F em! 555 If they want to get a hold of you bad enough, they will send you something in the post eventually. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scam

The normal process I understand it that HMRC write a letter; there is then an option to claim the refund either by post or by using Government Gateway which is a Government site that one has to log onto.  

All Government correspondence tends to follow a format of using Dear (Normal Letters) and then Given Name and Family Name in Capitals.

They would not address a letter to Dear Taxpayer.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...