How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Lanzalad

The ferry from pattaya to Hua Hin

It looks like a good way to go visit Hua Hin for a few days and it only takes a few hours to do the crossing.

Not the best of reviews but i guess it gets the idea cross.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It’s quick and comfortable but pricy at 1250 baht.  

Alternatively, Bus to Bangkok,  BTS to train station and 3rd class train to Hua Hin would cost 200 baht total but may take 8 hours instead of 2.

Just now, Woody Woodpecker said:

It’s quick and comfortable but pricy at 1250 baht.  

Alternatively, Bus to Bangkok,  BTS to train station and 3rd class train to Hua Hin would cost 200 baht total but may take 8 hours instead of 2.

I drove once a good few years ago, we left Pattaya which was about an hour and twenty to Bang Na then we was stuck on the toll way in Bangkok for 2 hours then the long drive to Hua Hin.

I would rather pay the money for the two hours... 

• Like 1

Sure, but considering there’s a 2 hour catamaran service to Koh Kood that costs 350, I think 1250 is pricy for this run, even though the boat is bigger and newer and they have stewardesses serving instant coffee. Still, I’ll continue to use the ferry.

Edited by Woody Woodpecker

Thank you for posting your great video.  i will be on it in early December.  In the 30 plus years that I have been visiting Pattaya and Hua Hin there have always been rumours of a ferry across the Gulf between the two cities. On at least three occasions plans had been advanced, so it was said, to the stage where finances were being negotiated.  At last the service is up and running.  I do not know how often the weather causes an interruption of service but the video shows quite clearly that for a known price a quick and comfortable journey is available.

The only down side is that Hua Hin will become more crowded especially now as a truly Honoured Person is no longer a resident.

• Like 1

Used it for the first time in May and enjoyed the journey though we were travelling light. Next May we will be finishing our holiday in Hua Hin so will have 2 x 30kg suitcases plus hand luggage to lug to the ferry, hoping there will be some form of transportation to take the luggage all the way down the pier to the ferry terminal.

30 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Used it for the first time in May and enjoyed the journey though we were travelling light. Next May we will be finishing our holiday in Hua Hin so will have 2 x 30kg suitcases plus hand luggage to lug to the ferry, hoping there will be some form of transportation to take the luggage all the way down the pier to the ferry terminal.

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

Going to Hun Him from Bangkok in January, so will get a taxi.

Not sure whether to use the ferry back to Pattaya, they'll charge for 3 of us, we'll have a fair bit of luggage, and don't fancy a rough crossing with the child.

Maybe get a taxi back as well, not much more expensive, though it'll take a bit longer.

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Not sure whether to use the ferry back to Pattaya, they'll charge for 3 of us, we'll have a fair bit of luggage, and don't fancy a rough crossing with the child.

Maybe get a taxi back as well, not much more expensive, though it'll take a bit longer.

AJSP reported he didn't think the ferry saved much time compared to a taxi. By the time you get there early, wait, get transportation on the other side etc it takes about the same time as a taxi that takes you door to door.

Also a bus for 389 baht a seat from HH to Pattaya 

http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/V2/hua-hin-to-pattaya/

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Krapow said:

keep your eye on the weather forecasts Derek, you can just turn up at the ferry terminal on the day and buy your tickets if the weather forecast is good

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Binlid said:

If I am here I'll be your bag boy. Don't worry about it boss.

8 minutes ago, DumbDucker said:

AJSP reported he didn't think the ferry saved much time compared to a taxi. By the time you get there early, wait, get transportation on the other side etc it takes about the same time as a taxi that takes you door to door.

Thanks.

Kinda made up my mind, taxi it is.

Prefer a taxi to the bus with the child, just more freedom if we want a short stop for nappy change or whatever, also she could ly down and sleep back seat.

6 minutes ago, Binlid said:

keep your eye on the weather forecasts Derek, you can just turn up at the ferry terminal on the day and buy your tickets if the weather forecast is good

Cheers, but we travel less hassle as possible now Gazza, door to door taxi seems easier, and it's not like it's extortionate. 

2 minutes ago, DumbDucker said:

If I am here I'll be your bag boy. Don't worry about it boss.

When we arrive at Khao Takiab we are getting picked up Mike, its Bali Hai pier that's the awkward bit, it has been suggested that there could be a guy with a bike and side cart, thanks for the very kind offer though:)

4 minutes ago, Binlid said:

When we arrive at Khao Takiab we are getting picked up Mike, its Bali Hai pier that's the awkward bit, it has been suggested that there could be a guy with a bike and side cart, thanks for the very kind offer though:)

Don't think you'll have any problem on the Pattaya side plenty of motorcycle taxi guys around and hustlers trying to make a satang.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DumbDucker said:

Correct. I’ll taxi it next time 4 hours (ish) door to door from Areca lodge to HH Hilton. WiFi in taxi 2700 THB - against nigh on 5 via ferry 3700 THB in return leg ( including taxis either side)

Public apology for not going on the piss properly with you but family got in the way .....next time. 

A few pics 

5854FE47-B429-4F7D-A322-503B71DB3DC6.jpeg

0B7BED75-55D2-4A8F-B33A-AA8ABAAEA5FC.jpeg

37DF4A5E-045C-43E3-924C-484AF5F69520.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DumbDucker said:

A few of us took a mini van from Pattaya to Hua hin a year or so back and it took 5 hours to get there and 8 to get back due to trafic at the time. The ferry looks to be a decent option me thinks.

Is that price of 1250 for a return ticket or 1 way please?

Edited by boydeste

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

A few of us took a mini van from Pattaya to Hua hin a year or so back and it took 5 hours to get there and 8 to get back due to trafic at the time. The ferry looks to be a decent option me thinks.

Is that price for a return ticket or 1 way please?

Wow. 8 hours that’s a toughie.

1250 THB each way 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Wow. 8 hours that’s a toughie.

1250 THB each way 

Yes, it was a drag for sure!

I think the timings are crucial traffic wise.

I seem to recall reading that the ferries were previously used on a river in China, and weren't designed for the open sea.

I'd want to check out if that is true or not before considering catching one. 

30 minutes ago, Bazel said:

I seem to recall reading that the ferries were previously used on a river in China, and weren't designed for the open sea.

I'd want to check out if that is true or not before considering catching one. 

Have a link?