Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

Is there an appeal process to a higher authority regarding IO's decisions ?

Recommended Posts

As the topic title requests, does anyone know if there's an appeal process to a higher authority if your visa extension is turned down when it clearly meets the police order requirements.

I can't find any info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there's always a higher authority ready to come to your aid in Thailand, lol....

 

close-up-of-thai-banknotes-1000-baht-FHY

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

It's starting to become colder in England if you are being sent home.

Reading the below I think its his mate that in trouble.

On 9/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

Here's another little beauty, me mate went to get his marriage extension and on checking his paperwork they said he did'nt have the requisite 40K going in one month, it was just under due to the exchange rate, but wait for it when they totaled his income transfers for the year he'd deposited 520K bht, far in excess of the 480K bht.   

 

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A farang appealing an Immigration Dept decision ? Legally I can't see that going anywhere.

Now, "out of court" it can maybe be solved, but the same might come up next year.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

As the topic title requests, does anyone know if there's an appeal process to a higher authority if your visa extension is turned down when it clearly meets the police order requirements.

I can't find any info.

Of course, at least 10,000 BAHT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, farangme said:

Of course, at least 10,000 BAHT.

 

His "mate" was asked for 19k in the other thread.

On 9/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

No problem they said go and see the boss, he duly did and was told put 15K in the envelope along with 4K admin fee and bobs yer uncle, visa extension granted.      

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

 

His "mate" was asked for 19k in the other thread.

 

 

Sounds about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, farangme said:

Sounds about right.

Certainly cheaper/easier than having to head home.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Certainly cheaper/easier than having to head home.

I agree. What I've learned in my time with immigration in Pattaya, go with the flow, keep them happy. They want the 19k as they share it out among each other. They don't want 1900 BAHT applications. I have experience dealing directly with them and they were always very happy to see me. Won't go into detail on here but anything is possible. Better than living in England for most anyhow.

Edited by farangme
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, farangme said:

Better than living in England for most anyhow.

I would'nt go back to that PC EU immigrant shithole either lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

A farang appealing an Immigration Dept decision ? Legally I can't see that going anywhere.

Now, "out of court" it can maybe be solved, but the same might come up next year.....

 

But is there a process ? thats what i'm asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

But is there a process ? thats what i'm asking.

You're probably better off asking on Thai Visa rather than here, mate.

They don't know everything, but there's far more members there with far more visa issues than on this board, so you might strike lucky.

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

But is there a process ? thats what i'm asking.

What exactly is your "mate" wanting to appeal, is it the extension you mentioned or is it another matter ?

There is an appeals process for isuues like person no gratia and visa revoked so I assume there is something for extension of stay denied, might be best to ask a more senior immigration officer rather than the grunt at the counter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

But is there a process ? thats what i'm asking.

 

8 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

You're probably better off asking on Thai Visa rather than here, mate.

They don't know everything, but there's far more members there with far more visa issues than on this board, so you might strike lucky.

 

Or PM @Tony Justice,he may be able to point "you" in the right direction.

 

  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

What exactly is your "mate" wanting to appeal, is it the extension you mentioned or is it another matter ?

There is an appeals process for isuues like person no gratia and visa revoked so I assume there is something for extension of stay denied, might be best to ask a more senior immigration officer rather than the grunt at the counter.

 

My mate does'nt need to appeal anything, he paid lol. I posted this topic as i thought it would be of interest to many as if you in fact comply with all the police order requirements and they are just looking for a way to relieve you of dosh if there was an appeal process then maybe you could follow that route and save the money.

I gave up long ago trying to point out to them the error of their ways, its just a waste of your time, i'll pay as i will do to secure my certificate of residence that my yellow book and pink Thai ID card satisfies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Paying" to sort things is ok, but than when discussing about visa cost for pensioners or married guys living in LOS, one should budget and include all those "extra cost"

I mean, its fine to say visa renewal was 1800 b (or whatever) but one should add ALL various payouts for D.L. renewal, various certificate of residence, etc....official and donations.

Has somebody made an average summary of all this ? Say on the 3 last years ?

And I am not yet included the various "cash fines" paid to the traffic BIB !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My mate does'nt need to appeal anything, he paid lol.

I thought it would be of interest to many as if you in fact comply with all the police order requirements and they are just looking for a way to relieve you of dosh if there was an appeal process then maybe you could follow that route and save the money.\

 

Ahh righto, prolly should have mentioned that before people invested time in replying.

Me personally I would have to weigh up the pros and cons of appealing..... cough up the wedge to fix the problem on the spot or enter into a possibly long appeals process (that will cost me money) and still possibly be no better off................. I'd pay the bribe to be honest... thats the cost of doing business so to speak.............or go home.

Edited by Sir_Fondles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was  turned down when trying to renew my retirement visa on what I consider to have been a technicality created by them simply moving the goalposts for this year. It  was never simply going to be resolved on the spot by offering to pay a "surcharge" there and then in the middle of Jomtien Immigration with umpteen observers on hand.

The answer, as ever, was to use an established professional third party to reapply on my behalf and for me to pay the third party the appropriate 15K baht fee for services rendered. A no-brainer when the alternative was to have to leave Thailand.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not going to sit well with some of you perhaps, but.....there is no way on this planet that I would ever give any " extra" money to any of these people in the rank and file in Thailand. Especially if I have met all of the requirements according to the book. Yeah I know This is Thailand and they can change the rules to suit each office etc. 

I use an agent who is the wifes friend and have had no problem, but some of these stories I read here and talked to other guys when in Bangkok who are like us, make me cringe. 

The thought of having these people laughing/snicker at us when we leave after paying the "additional fees" for having the so called pleasure of living there for me is a joke. Not going to happen for me personally. I like Thailand, but I am not in love with Thailand. 

For those of you who do not like your home countries anymore.......OK, but for me living in the USA is still not a bad gig overall. Wife has her residence card and it is good for 10 years here. I am not going to pay some money under the table to anyone there. Just my 2 "sense" 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a TM11 form for appealing against an order to leave the Kingdom.  I've seen it referred to for airport refusals, but I suppose refusing a retirement extension is the equivalent of being ordered to leave so maybe it could be used in these circumstances also.

I'll try and attach it here, but I've got it as a pdf file so not sure how it'll show.

tm11 appeal form.pdf

Edited by KWA
  • Great Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

This is not going to sit well with some of you perhaps, but.....there is no way on this planet that I would ever give any " extra" money to any of these people in the rank and file in Thailand. Especially if I have met all of the requirements according to the book. Yeah I know This is Thailand and they can change the rules to suit each office etc. 

I use an agent who is the wifes friend and have had no problem, but some of these stories I read here and talked to other guys when in Bangkok who are like 

The agent is paying immigration, it's all shared out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

This is not going to sit well with some of you perhaps, but.....there is no way on this planet that I would ever give any " extra" money to any of these people in the rank and file in Thailand. Especially if I have met all of the requirements according to the book. Yeah I know This is Thailand and they can change the rules to suit each office etc. 

I use an agent who is the wifes friend and have had no problem, but some of these stories I read here and talked to other guys when in Bangkok who are like us, make me cringe. 

 

If you meet all the requirments why bother with an agent....paying a wedge or using an agent is same same to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir_Fondles said:

If you meet all the requirments why bother with an agent....paying a wedge or using an agent is same same to me.

To avoid sitting and answering stupid questions for one hour....

An advice on Indo forums : even if you speak Indonesian dont show it when you visit Immigration Dept. It will only lead to you being asked more questions. Stick to English, I.O. English discussion skills being limited, no questions asked. 

Twice I went in Imm Off here, twice the 1st question was "hello, do you speak Indonesian ?".  My answer "No, sorry I am an old man and its not easy to learn a language at my age".  End of questions.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

To avoid sitting and answering stupid questions for one hour....

An advice on Indo forums : even if you speak Indonesian dont show it when you visit Immigration Dept. It will only lead to you being asked more questions. Stick to English, I.O. English discussion skills being limited, no questions asked. 

Twice I went in Imm Off here, twice the 1st question was "hello, do you speak Indonesian ?".  My answer "No, sorry I am an old man and its not easy to learn a language at my age".  End of questions.

 

The officials get a bung no matter which way you butter that piece of toast.

In thailand that is, what happens in Indonesia ranks extremely low on my who cares scale.

Edited by Sir_Fondles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...