Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

Is there an appeal process to a higher authority regarding IO's decisions ?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, biggles said:

Of course they are involved in the racket One of the agents in my earlier post told his customer not to be concerned about the new requirements as his Immigration contact would ensure that his customers were taken care of. 

and what is illegal about using an agent if you legally comply with the police orders,  does that make sense lol ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and what is illegal about using an agent if you legally comply with the police orders,  does that make sense lol ?

Because  agent will still be paying a bung... thats the illegal bit.

Or does an agent charge less for those that have all their paperwork in order?

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Or does an agent charge less for those that have all their paperwork in order?

Yes,  a reduced fee if you have the money in the bank and supply that evidence yourself, in a case I know of.  They were used purely for convenience and their knowledge of local requirements.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KWA said:

Yes,  a reduced fee if you have the money in the bank and supply that evidence yourself, in a case I know of.  They were used purely for convenience and their knowledge of local requirements.

Thanks for the clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, KWA said:

Yes,  a reduced fee if you have the money in the bank and supply that evidence yourself, in a case I know of.  They were used purely for convenience and their knowledge of local requirements.

Thats the idea.

Of course than you have the other category of "agents".  

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"and what is illegal about using an agent if you legally comply with the police orders," 

Nothing, and I imagine a lot of guys do to save time. But if you read my post none of the 6 I mentioned can legally qualify. One married pensioner doesn't even have the income for a marriage extension. I assume that some "tea money" is involved and the agent virtually confirmed as much

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 26, 2019 at 6:01 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

Now your thinking is the same as mine Mike, i don't wish to give money to these cretins when i clearly should'nt have to but what are you to do when confronted with "a problem" of their making just like my mate with his marriage extension and me with my certificate of residency, thats why i started this thread to see if there was an appeal process.  

Incidentally you say you use an agent who is a friend of your wifey, do you have to pay for this service ?

Yeah Cliff, we pay her for her to do my retirement Visa every year. I do the 90 day check myself at Chaeng Wattana, so far so good there. I am not trying to defend the Thais, but have personally heard people come into the 90 day check Immigration office and get rather confrontational with some of the Officers, when they are clearly wrong. This one guy from Germany back in Sept 2018 tried to tell them that because he had lived there for 10 years now, he did not feel he had to do this 90 day check anymore. The Officer ( male) spoke good English, was patient with him and he still insisted that he should not have to do this. When my number was called, he was the IO that took care of me. I asked him dealing with people like this does it happen a lot? He said Yes and they appreciate the people that do things by the book and have no problem with working with people  for minor things and want people to live there. 

I too like wifey, do not like the corruption we all see and hear about there, but should not paint all the IO's with the same brush either. Just like the agents, they are all not "working" the system with Immigration, yeah some do, but some do not. I will say, my wifes friend, is not and will not she told me. This is her business she has and has a lot more to lose then gain by not being on the "up and up" If I am being played, then so be it by her, but Rachanee told me she is legit also.....for what's it worth. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah Cliff, we pay her for her to do my retirement Visa every year. I do the 90 day check myself at Chaeng Wattana, so far so good there. I am not trying to defend the Thais, but have personally heard people come into the 90 day check Immigration office and get rather confrontational with some of the Officers, when they are clearly wrong. This one guy from Germany back in Sept 2018 tried to tell them that because he had lived there for 10 years now, he did not feel he had to do this 90 day check anymore. The Officer ( male) spoke good English, was patient with him and he still insisted that he should not have to do this. When my number was called, he was the IO that took care of me. I asked him dealing with people like this does it happen a lot? He said Yes and they appreciate the people that do things by the book and have no problem with working with people  for minor things and want people to live there. 

I too like wifey, do not like the corruption we all see and hear about there, but should not paint all the IO's with the same brush either. Just like the agents, they are all not "working" the system with Immigration, yeah some do, but some do not. I will say, my wifes friend, is not and will not she told me. This is her business she has and has a lot more to lose then gain by not being on the "up and up" If I am being played, then so be it by her, but Rachanee told me she is legit also.....for what's it worth. 

Thanks for your post Mike, i thought you were away in Vancouver, hope all went well and you had a great time mate.

I have to say most of my dealings with Immigration have always been good, ya get the occasional grumpy sod but thankfully they are few and far between. My visit to see the boss lady and have her check my papers to ensure they comply went very well, she was very pleasant but the "gift envelopes" on her desk probaly tell the tale of those that don't comply to the letter or where an IO finds a fictitious reason to cause a problem as i have previously reported on.

If you're paying an agent mate there's not a lot of difference to making a "gift envelope" donation ehh lol other than the fact that you don't have to go there.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...