Peter.storm

Hello One and All From Cambodia!

WTTB,  look forward to your posts on Cambodia , was good to meet you back in Feb/March 😜

( I was Domino on the old board ) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Peter.storm said:

Greetings everyone,

Finally got chance to have a look at this forum and it looks pretty good, I did make a slight mistake on my board name and set as Peter.storm but I would prefer it to be peter.storm so that it is the same as all the other forums I am on. I could not change it myself so was hoping that an Admin may do it for me.

Anyway, life here in Cambodia is still pretty good but has changed a lot in the last few years since I came here, some for the good and some for the bad!!

I will try to post in the Cambodia section to give members some info on here but anyone who is planning a trip here and wants info or just someone to have a beer with just let me know.

good to see ya here PS,tried to get on SEAselect the other day,but failed,which is par for course with me :default_deadhorse:

regards

grayray

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grayray said:

good to see ya here PS,tried to get on SEAselect the other day,but failed,which is par for course with me :default_deadhorse:

regards

grayray

Thanks mate, yes I changed the URL for my forum and don't really bother with it now.

I will try to post here as often as I can

• Thanks 1

Hi Peter,

It was good to see you in Cambodia.

Are you still involved with the same bar?

I don't think it would be a good idea for me to visit Secrets in Cambodia anymore after Ben and my last.................. "head to head" in Pattaya.  :default_biggrin:

Danny

• Haha 2

Hello Peter Storm, good to see you posting back in these parts again. I have missed hearing from you mate. Hope all is good in PP and that the GF situation is mellowed out. Don't  know if you frequent Secrets over there but would be curious as to what's going on there also. Will pass on to the big guy that we have sightings that you are alive an well. He will be pleased. 

• Like 1

Cheers guys, Yes still alive and have money for beer!!!!! Life is good.

Yes Jambo nice to see you here too, I was asked to manage Secrets here but turned it down to stay where I am, I take care of 3 bars now.

In view of the way things have gone lately I do not feel like going into Secrets either.

I feel that Micky has been treated unfairly and is barely able to feed himself from his meager allowance. 

• Like 1

Never really knew Ben other than having a beer with him on a few occasions but he does seem to get a bad rap from people who have been involved in business dealings with him.

Edited by buffalo

Well I am back in PP and resumed my job as manager of Honeypot, Dragonfly, Angry Birds and Splash bars on street 130.

It is great to be back but it has been a difficult week with Chinese new year we have had many girls absent but now that its over it is back to normal. I have noticed a few less Chinese here but on the whole customer numbers are still pretty good. We are still getting our good regular customers who come in and spend well as they know many of the girls. The girls all seem positive and enjoying life.

I have come up with a new term to describe a type of customer, this term will be more familiar to middle aged Brits but I will try to explain it. Its the customers who walk around alot and look in many bars, often they try to appear confident and wealthy. They look at the girls and look in the bar then they will find some reasons not to come in. Often it is a half baked excuse, an example the other night was a group of French guys came to the front of the bar and after looking in they told me that they were not going in cause all the girls were eating!! 

In fact we had about 10 girls sat outside free with one girls eating a plate of bugs!!!! It was an excuse,

I came up with the Jim Bowen or The Bullseye syndrome, in other words, Ladies, Have a look at what you could have won!!!! 

They all got that millionaire feeling without spending any money!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Very good vid that mate, I had not seen it but it explains it well.

Now you need 76 with your last dart but don't worry Tony will help you!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter.storm said:

Well I am back in PP and resumed my job as manager of Honeypot, Dragonfly, Angry Birds and Splash bars on street 130.

It is great to be back but it has been a difficult week with Chinese new year we have had many girls absent but now that its over it is back to normal. I have noticed a few less Chinese here but on the whole customer numbers are still pretty good. We are still getting our good regular customers who come in and spend well as they know many of the girls. The girls all seem positive and enjoying life.

I have come up with a new term to describe a type of customer, this term will be more familiar to middle aged Brits but I will try to explain it. Its the customers who walk around alot and look in many bars, often they try to appear confident and wealthy. They look at the girls and look in the bar then they will find some reasons not to come in. Often it is a half baked excuse, an example the other night was a group of French guys came to the front of the bar and after looking in they told me that they were not going in cause all the girls were eating!! 

In fact we had about 10 girls sat outside free with one girls eating a plate of bugs!!!! It was an excuse,

I came up with the Jim Bowen or The Bullseye syndrome, in other words, Ladies, Have a look at what you could have won!!!! 

They all got that millionaire feeling without spending any money!! 

You are describing the Dutch Disease, "Kijken kijken niet kopen" ("Look look don't buy").

• Like 1

Had a business in a tourist area, we called them ice cream lickers. Wandered around looked at lots, even asked questions but did not spend anything.

Edited by Chang_Paarp

1 hour ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Had a business in a tourist area, we called them ice cream lickers. Wandered around looked at lots, even asked questions but did not spend anything.

Kind of similar to tyre kickers at a car showroom

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, Peter.storm said:

Cheers guys, Yes still alive and have money for beer!!!!! Life is good.

Yes Jambo nice to see you here too, I was asked to manage Secrets here but turned it down to stay where I am, I take care of 3 bars now.

In view of the way things have gone lately I do not feel like going into Secrets either.

I feel that Micky has been treated unfairly and is barely able to feed himself from his meager allowance. 

"I feel that Micky has been treated unfairly and is barely able to feed himself from his meager allowance."

that sounds a bit like how Blatz [Alfazulu R.I.P.] was treated by Ben.

regards

grayray

Peter Storm. You are a legend. Nice to hear from you and happy all is going well.
Hope we can see each other soon.
Take care. Phil

On 1/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, Peter.storm said:

a group of French guys came to the front of the bar and after looking in they told me that they were not going in cause all the girls were eating!! 

I came up with the Jim Bowen or The Bullseye syndrome,

Guess they thought there was "Nothing in this game for two in a bed".

Have to admit to walking into a few bars in PP, taking a look and heading straight back out again.  Without exception it's been because the bar was dead inside.If questioned I'd ask if there was a better time/night to come back when it would be livelier. 

I found it slightly out-facing on my first trip, the sheer number of bars, that all looked pretty similar from the outside. Would have been totally bolloxed if I'd have stopped for a beer in all of them.

I could imagine though from the bars point of view how annoying it would be to get a group stroll in like they owned the place, and then do a 360 out of the door.

• Haha 1

I don't normally work on Tuesday nights but William was sick so he asked me to work. I had planned a night out but anyway was very happy to work. It was an uneventful night all told with many regulars just relaxing. 

I finished my watch at 1.30am and decided the night was still young so I went to my mates bar that is usually open till 4am and started to spend what I had earned that night haha!!!

Had a fair hooking of vodka and bought 5 lady drinks for a girl working there that I quite like, I have not taken her but she is a nice girl and I am happy to buy her drinks when I am there.

Ordered pizza and went home about 4am, feel pretty tired today and slept most of the day. William is still a little sick so not sure if I go in or just be around on standby incase of problems, either way I am happy.

Many watch an episode of Peaky Blinders!!

Saturday night was interesting, I had 7 Thai guys come in, all spoke very good English, seemed to be educated abroad somewhere. I got talking to them, they bought me drinks and said they were all part of The Big C group and there was a Big C opening in Phnom Penh in the future. I didnt ask them how long but they were all really nice guys. 

They bought a good few drinks and lady drinks. 

On the same night I also had a young Paul McCartney in!!!

21089.jpg

It all they kicked off for me at 1.30am when I closed, I went to a mates bar and started drinking, He closed at 4am and I went on with another mate to Candy Bar till 6 or 7am.

Yesterday was a complete right off!!! I was in bed all day. Body clock f***d up again so I was up at 6.30am this morning and watch the new Terminator movie which I thought was not bad.