Peter.storm

Hello One and All From Cambodia!

Ok so I am now going on voluntary lock down, the authorities seem slow to impose it so I will self impose from today.

I have gathered supplies that I can eat without the need for cooking.

4kgs Oatmeal

14 tins Tuna

10litres Milk

24 Granola Bars

5kgs Protein Powder

4 Brie cheese

various biscuits and crackers

3 tubes Pringles

3 bars of chocolate

Teabags, Ovaltine, water, 

Vit C tabs,

Boiled Sweets.

I hope this will keep me going for 3 to 4 weeks but I would guess any longer and we will be allowed to go shopping at some point to replenish stocks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peter.storm said:

Some good news for foreigners in Cambodia, the government will automatically extend all tourist visas dated after January 1st and exempt all from overstay charges. 

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/tourists-can-now-prolong-their-stay?fbclid=IwAR3HOYZT1OehvZxweOlIRzpr7xDDs7vjebSSdzgKY75pLJrlPcAQSICNgbs

I was supposed to be landing in Cambodia today for 5 nights ........ so hunker down enjoy the oatmeal and ...... hopefully in the next 9 months or so mate stay safe.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Peter.storm said:

Some good news for foreigners in Cambodia, the government will automatically extend all tourist visas dated after January 1st and exempt all from overstay charges. 

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/tourists-can-now-prolong-their-stay?fbclid=IwAR3HOYZT1OehvZxweOlIRzpr7xDDs7vjebSSdzgKY75pLJrlPcAQSICNgbs

I was in PP for the first time last November. I really enjoyed my short stay, the bars were good fun, the girls were much more friendly than they are in Pattaya, and tbh I found PP easy on the wallet without actually trying to save money. I will definitely be heading back to PP when this blows over, I will be sure to drop you a message and buy you a beer.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I was in PP for the first time last November. I really enjoyed my short stay, the bars were good fun, the girls were much more friendly than they are in Pattaya, and tbh I found PP easy on the wallet without actually trying to save money. I will definitely be heading back to PP when this blows over, I will be sure to drop you a message and buy you a beer.

My first time in Cambo was last March 2019, spent 3 days in PP at a nice hotel on St.130. I echo your sentiments on the bar scene and the inexpensive cost of drinking in those bars.

No idea if prices have gone up since a year ago, but an Angkor draft at numerous bars then was as little as 75 cents, and a Jack or Beam and coke was just $1.50 USD. Happy hour prices for a draft beer at many places was a mere 50 cents!

I hope to be back next January, hopefully far enough down the road to allow this coronavirus to run it's course and the travel and hospitality industry to be able to get back up to speed.

And the girls to have returned en masse and waiting to show you a good time.

• Like 4

Just read that having a food license did not keep Secrets open during these Virus issue. No place is immune the world is screwed ...........for the time being anyway

• Like 1