So having an old a non-immigrant Visa will me and you need health insurance effective soon?

Yesitisdakid

5 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

get onto a retirement extension.... then no issue !!

That was a question I had I guess this is not going to impact anybody on the extension? Shih-poo knows they were going to shelf this whole idea and now they brought it back and seams

That was a question I had I guess this is not going to impact anybody on the extension? Shih-poo knows they were going to shelf this whole idea and now they brought it back and seams
They will prolly revise it to capture those on an extension.

Wonder how much of a kickback from the insurance they receive ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Its been killed and come back to life only to be killed again ?? number of times now.....I am losing count..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

They will prolly revise it to capture those on an extension.

Wonder how much of a kickback from the insurance they receive ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think if it doesn't affect the ones on an extension it will at some point. I mean how silly would it be just say that everybody getting a new retirement Visa has to have it but anybody who's here just don't worry about it 

25 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Just when I was approaching 50, the bastards are changing the rules. I guess I was never that “quality” tourist the Authority desires

I hear you......I just made it under the wire and turned 50 just as they stopped handing out the unlimited double tourist visas in Laos.....Man my 50th birthday was the best.....

59 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Don’t really see the problem. All people should have health insurance in this country.

Easier said than done....

Proof of health and 3rd party insurance are mandatory for my retirement visa here.

Try to get a good one when you're 65 + ....🤔🤔

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Don’t really see the problem. All people should have health insurance in this country.

Couldn’t agree with you more Mr Egg.

Despite not being to a quack of any sort or been in hospital except to visit people for 46 years it’s sods law that now I’m living here something will happen. 8 weeks and counting.

I have BUPA travel insurance, but technically that doesn’t cover extended stays.

Luckily, when I opened my Thai bank account there was a 5k baht mandatory payment needed that’s a 12 month health/medical/accident insurance. It’s actually pretty good.

But they gave me the renewal sheet . . It’s not mandatory then, but big money to renew it.

I’ll have a dilemma in 10 months if I’m still around (in Thailand or on this planet), especially as I’m 65 next month.

Edited by Britboy
Spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Britboy said:

. . . . especially as I’m 65 next month.

Bloody hell.  I've been reading your thread and reckoned you must be in your 40s or early 50s.  Well done.

Edited by KWA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KWA said:

Bloody hell.  I've been reading your thread and reckoned you must be in your 40s or early 50s.  Well done.

Maybe he should change his name from Britboy to Britsenior......the boy done well lol

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Maybe he should change his name from Britboy to Britsenior......the boy done well lol

You're as young as (the ladies) you feel, as "they" say . . . 

That's certainly help me keep young (at heart and in mind), though I'm constantly being called in jest by my UK business partner (who's early 50's), business associates and mates, at various times one of the following:-

Old git

Old scrote

Dirty old git

Dirty old scrote

Normally it's in response to me emailing or messaging them pics of my Thai "conquests" . . . 😁

Water off a duck's back . . . 

I put it down to jealousy . . . 😉

Edited by Britboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Britboy said:

You're as young as (the ladies) you feel, as "they" say . . . 

That's certainly help me keep young (at heart and in mind), though I'm constantly being called in jest by my UK business partner (who's early 50's), business associates and mates, at various times one of the following:-

Old git

Old scrote

Dirty old git

Dirty old scrote

Normally it's in response to me emailing or messaging them pics of my Thai "conquests" . . . 😁

Water off a duck's back . . . 

I put it down to jealousy . . . 😉

You are obviously as handsome as me to have such an exciting life with the females. I have never felt old in Thailand and have always had admirers, of course money helps but sometimes, just sometimes we find some gems who will take care of us because they want to and being old is not necessarily a weight around the neck.

I would like to be 30-40 again but I am happy at being nearly 65 and some of my best times have been after turning 50.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:55 AM, Thai Spice said:

Easier said than done....

Proof of health and 3rd party insurance are mandatory for my retirement visa here.

Try to get a good one when you're 65 + ....🤔🤔

That being the case the over 65s shouldn't be allowed to travel without. It can cause a lot of hassle for local hospitals, families etc if they need a go fund me page and, or financial assistance.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:54 AM, misteregg said:

Agreed. I've never been in Thailand without it. Anywhere that doesn't have a free service for holidaymakers or ex-pats then they MUST buy the appropriate insurance or not be let into the Country. Simple as that. 

4 minutes ago, farangme said:

That being the case the over 65s shouldn't be allowed to travel without. It can cause a lot of hassle for local hospitals, families etc if they need a go fund me page and, or financial assistance.

The problem is not for visitors, but for guys on long term stay. Retired, married, running a business....  For those on WP the employer should provide that I guess.

BTW, did you had one when you lived in LOS as self employed ?

Just now, Thai Spice said:

The problem is not for visitors, but for guys on long term stay. Retired, married, running a business....  For those on WP the employer should provide that I guess.

BTW, did you had one when you lived in LOS as self employed ?

Me, self employed, when?

I had health cover every day I've ever been in Thailand and via a Thai Company. We had a very good Family package. Cheers.

11 minutes ago, farangme said:

Me, self employed, when?

I had health cover every day I've ever been in Thailand and via a Thai Company. We had a very good Family package. Cheers.

Mamamaa....dont be so sensitive....

Try to understand that all my life, being an expat (i mean employed by a company in France, with French contract etc) I never even had to think about this.  Mondial Assistance, Europe Assistance or similar is included in the package. 

It is just since I am retired that I had to look in the matter at a personal level.

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Mamamaa....dont be so sensitive....

Try to understand that all my life, being an expat (i mean employed by a company in France, with French contract etc) I never even had to think about this.  Mondial Assistance, Europe Assistance or similar is included in the package. 

It is just since I am retired that I had to look in the matter at a personal level.

Sensitive? You post something, ask a question then twist the answer. Usually you say I'm drunk, now sensitive! Both wrong.

Simples if you cannot unsure yourself to the hilt, you shouldn't be there. And that's meaning everyone, regardless of age.

Too many medical, can't pay horror stories out there.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, farangme said:

Simples if you cannot unsure yourself to the hilt, you shouldn't be there. And that's meaning everyone, regardless of age. 

Assuming you mean "insure", I disagree with you. 

I looked into medical insurance and, at my age, it simply wasn't good value. The max payouts were too low, and the premiums too high. 

I decided to go down the "self insure" route (aka chancing it!) in the full knowledge I might have to come up with a sizeable sum one day. However, given the low max payouts, I might have to do that to some extent in any event. 

• Thumbs Up 2