So having an old a non-immigrant Visa will me and you need health insurance effective soon?

Yesitisdakid

1 minute ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Nowt wrong with some piss taking and I can differentiate between it and just being an arsehole for the sake of being an arsehole (not you Mr Pumpui).

Am allowed out every night of the week but I have a personal taboo on week nights.... new job and still on probation and all that.

I understand 👍

21 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Me Fords are leading bathurst at the moment, beers are cold and the just sent the woman out to buy some prawns so I can chuck em on the barbie !!

Watching Bathurst Live from down town Issan... not a bad race so far.

Sorry for the slight TF.

cheers

4 minutes ago, roobob said:

Watching Bathurst Live from down town Issan... not a bad race so far.

Sorry for the slight TF.

cheers

Finding it a bit boring to be honest but it will heat up the closer it gets to the chequered flag, the woman brought home 2kg of tiger prawns (thought she was buying farmed fresh water crap) so Ive had to send her out to buy a few bags of ice so i can cook em proper !!

to keep it semi on topic I'll seek out insurance for them..................

Edited by Sir_Fondles

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thats why i posted a topic on the subject but low and behold no one had an answer.

8 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Everyone who dose not agree with the decision of an immigration officer has the option to seek assistance from someone further up the food chain, this has always been the case

I thought I'd posted the appeal form (TM11) in that thread?

2 hours ago, KWA said:

I thought I'd posted the appeal form (TM11) in that thread?

Yep but that was against deportation IMMIC, i'm talking about appealing a decision to deny you a visa extension when you clearly qualify but i do agree it may be accepted if there's no alternative form because you will be deported if you can't secure the extension. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yep but that was against deportation IMMIC, i'm talking about appealing a decision to deny you a visa extension when you clearly qualify but i do agree it may be accepted if there's no alternative form because you will be deported if you can't secure the extension. 

It is simple... just go to the Immigration Office you use. If I remember correctly.... after a few gave you the advice to talk directly with the Immigration Office you use if you had a problem.... you actually did and posted that the lady who you talked too actually was quite helpful and put your mind at rest.

Dealing with Immigration here is not rocket science...…. just have a good attitude.... follow the bouncing ball and you will not have a problem.....easy peasy.

cheers

This posted on Thai Visa not unexpected

I didnt believe it, but buddy is in CNX immigration now and they are informing people that 'retirement extensions' for dates after 31st Oct now must have insurance. If the extension is due before end of the month they are still processing it without it. 

He even sent a video with officer saying this and confirmed by local visa agent also. 

To my understanding thats counter to everything stated online and in press but hey.. Good old officer discretion again ?!? 

I fail to see why an 'extension based on retirement' which can be a extending a non imm O, rather than a non imm O-A, is now processed according to non O-A rules, or why those rules are being forced when all information said it was only when the visa was issued outside the kingdom, but thats how its apparently being done. 

I am sure it will be different all over, but thats this morning in Chiang Mai. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

This posted on Thai Visa not unexpected

Hahahaha, Blind Freddy could see that happening !!

Individual Immi offices will always have their own interpretation of the actual rules/laws.

Once it starts it will happen to all those on extensions as well !!

Glad I have both social security and work funded private cover.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Hahahaha, Blind Freddy could see that happening !!

Individual Immi offices will always have their own interpretation of the actual rules/laws.

Once it starts it will happen to all those on extensions as well !!

Glad I have both social security and work funded private cover.

Well I still fund my Social Security privately I assume that will be acceptable to them because it's a hundred percent cover. But who knows. And I couldn't agree more that I saw this coming with different offices interpreting it differently it's going to be a real interesting but in no way unexpected by me anyway

9 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Well I still fund my Social Security privately I assume that will be acceptable to them because it's a hundred percent cover. But who knows. And I couldn't agree more that I saw this coming with different offices interpreting it differently it's going to be a real interesting but in no way unexpected by me anyway

Many cannot cover the funds required for their extensions and resort to dodgy agents, when this insurance requirement extends to all (and it should) extensions they gun be fooked hard........... unless the agents can get real creative with their paperwork !!

I kept up my SS payments personally when I was made redundant late 2017 (  till I returned to Thailand for a new employer) and will do so again... it really is peanuts for health coverage even if only to cover me when I come as a tourist a couple of times a year.

Edited by Sir_Fondles

6 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Does it cover outpatient? Their requirement for outpatient coverage will be the issue for me. I have great inpatient coverage through IMG, but no outpatient coverage as I've always been willing to pay out of pocket for anything that doesn't require hospitalization.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Many cannot cover the funds required for their extensions and resort to dodgy agents, when this insurance requirement extends to all (and it should) extensions they gun be fooked hard........... unless the agents can get real creative with their paperwork !!

I kept up my SS payments personally when I was made redundant late 2017 (  till I returned to Thailand for a new employer) and will do so again... it really is peanuts for health coverage.

I have to imagine if the agents can "help" with the money in the bank requirement, a piece of paper documenting insurance coverage should be a piece of cake for them.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

I have to imagine if the agents can "help" with the money in the bank requirement, a piece of paper documenting insurance coverage should be a piece of cake for them.

Lets hope these old codgers with fake insurance don't start fronting hospitals expecting coverage.

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Methinks a visit to Khao San Road might be necessary next year! 😊

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Does it cover outpatient? Their requirement for outpatient coverage will be the issue for me. I have great inpatient coverage through IMG, but no outpatient coverage as I've always been willing to pay out of pocket for anything that doesn't require hospitalization.

That was the biggest gripe I heard when this was first brought up.

8 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Outpatient you just have to be treated at the hospital that you're registered at and it covers all costs

Regardless of whether people have insurance or not there must be situations where a retiree, especially an aged retiree, is unable to find an insurance company that will insure him.  Most insurances will insure people already with them up to a certain age but will not take on new insurance cover if over that age. 

This could affect those who self insure or those who had insurance but have had illnesses that prevent them from re insuring, some insurances also have a lifetime coverage that in effect could be reached and then the insured is cast aside, what happens then as some retirees may find their extensions will not be renewed.

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Regardless of whether people have insurance or not there must be situations where a retiree, especially an aged retiree, is unable to find an insurance company that will insure him.  Most insurances will insure people already with them up to a certain age but will not take on new insurance cover if over that age. 

This could affect those who self insure or those who had insurance but have had illnesses that prevent them from re insuring, some insurances also have a lifetime coverage that in effect could be reached and then the insured is cast aside, what happens then as some retirees may find their extensions will not be renewed.

yeah......... they do give a fook for those in that predicament.

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I have a solution, why don't they put ALL expats on long stay extensions into the Thai social security scheme and charge accordingly, problem solved.

Its that simple but i'm not a corrupt Thai lol  

For those that are declaring 65k a month income...make them pay income tax and include them in the SS, would only be about 3k a month.

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

What including the income tax, if so i'll buy that one ?

Foreigners to qualify for a SS card are employed and paying income tax, tax on 65k would be about 3k a month (less if married with kids).... also need to pay a SS contribution, mine is 750 a month.

Would be a cost effective basic health coverage if they allowed others to "buy" in but would add a lot of burden to the government hospitals.

Edited by Sir_Fondles