So having an old a non-immigrant Visa will me and you need health insurance effective soon?

Yesitisdakid

1 minute ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Foreigners to qualify for a SS card are employed and paying income tax, tax on 65k would be about 3k a month (less if married with kids).... also need to pay a SS contribution, mine is 750 a month.

Would be a cost effective basic health coverage if they allowed others to "buy" in but would add a lot of burden to the government hospitals.

Now would it cover pre-existing conditions ? and do you really think it would be a burden on government hospitals given the amount of expats on long stay visas spread around the country ? How many of us is there ? IIRC they said 80K or was it 150K ? lol

14 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now would it cover pre-existing conditions ? and do you really think it would be a burden on government hospitals given the amount of expats on long stay visas spread around the country ? How many of us is there ? IIRC they said 80K or was it 150K ? lol

No idea on the pre-exisitng conditions, I don't use it.

Given there is a few different non immigrant visa's I reckon the 150k is low but there seems to be no official number.

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/38177/the-mystery-of-exactly-how-many-expats-live-in-thailand

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Great Info 1

9 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

No idea on the pre-exisitng conditions, I don't use it.

Given there is a few different non immigrant visa's I reckon the 150k is low but there seems to be no official number.

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/38177/the-mystery-of-exactly-how-many-expats-live-in-thailand

Thanks for the link. If they could see their way to do it it would solve the problem at the stroke of the pen but i won't be holding my breath.

38 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Would be a cost effective basic health coverage if they allowed others to "buy" in but would add a lot of burden to the government hospitals.

Would not be a big burden to gov hospitals ! We are speaking here about long term expats, mainly retirees, who represent a microscopic % of the total population. And from those only the poorest would opt for the govt hospitals.

Remember those number do NOT concern the tourists fallen ill, or victims of traffic accidents. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

And from those only the poorest would opt for the govt hospitals.

Think the new TI requirements, i'm not looking for anything else but to cover their requirements but i have heard from various sources the SOME government hospitals are pretty brill. 

2 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Think the new TI requirements, i'm not looking for anything else but to cover their requirements but i have heard from various sources the SOME government hospitals are pretty brill. 

Agreed that some nowadays must be OK, and in a general way it should improve in the future. 

Probably depends also from location.  

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Lol, yeah it ain't gunna happen.

Agreed but my suggestion was ok ehh if you're a long stay expat with pre-existing conditions that need to comply with TI requirements, why would'nt they want to help married to a Thai expats for many years and contributing to their economy ?

Answer on a postcard lol

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Agreed but my suggestion was ok ehh if you're a long stay expat with pre-existing conditions that need to comply with TI requirements, why would'nt they want to help married to a Thai expats for many years and contributing to their economy ?

Answer on a postcard lol

cause worth more dead then live

33 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I would agree and you are aware that the same docs and surgeons operating in the private sector are ALSO operating in the government hospital network.

The surgeon that did my hips at my government Hospital told me he probably would have been the same person that did them in bumungrad had I had to have them done and pay for them there I'm not concerned with the medical here did the government hospitals I've always been treated very well. Never had to wait a tremendous amount of time but that's changing as they get busier. But with that said I'm not 100% sure not even 20% sure that they'll accept the Social Security insurance as the insurance needed by expats. And based on my mystery illness and being paralyzed due to it a few years ago I'm not sure I would be able to get cover with any insurance company other than the government insurance that I have with Social Security. Time will tell one thing for sure it's going to be a f***d up situation for many myself included possibly. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Would not be a big burden to gov hospitals ! We are speaking here about long term expats, mainly retirees, who represent a microscopic % of the total population. And from those only the poorest would opt for the govt hospitals.

Remember those number do NOT concern the tourists fallen ill, or victims of traffic accidents. 

Why exclude others on non immigrant visa's ?.

Not everyone is a retiree and most probably this insurance thing will also affect them sooner or later.

8 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The surgeon that did my hips at my government Hospital told me he probably would have been the same person that did them in bumungrad had I had to have them done and pay for them there I'm not concerned with the medical here did the government hospitals I've always been treated very well. Never had to wait a tremendous amount of time but that's changing as they get busier. But with that said I'm not 100% sure not even 20% sure that they'll accept the Social Security insurance as the insurance needed by expats. And based on my mystery illness and being paralyzed due to it a few years ago I'm not sure I would be able to get cover with any insurance company other than the government insurance that I have with Social Security. Time will tell one thing for sure it's going to be a f***d up situation for many myself included possibly. 

I was thinking of you Larry when i posted, i remember well your double hip replacement and how pleased you were with the outcome. I got a great relationship with my doc here in Korat and he works in Bangkok hospital as well as the local government one, i could'nt be getting better treatment from him or anybody.

I would have thought that your SSI would cover you with TI, why would'nt it ? If it won't it just goes to show what their ultimate intentions are imo.   

I was thinking of you Larry when i posted, i remember well your double hip replacement and how pleased you were with the outcome. I got a great relationship with my doc here in Korat and he works in Bangkok hospital as well as the local government one, i could'nt be getting better treatment from him or anybody.
I would have thought that your SSI would cover you with TI, why would'nt it ? If it won't it just goes to show what their ultimate intentions are imo.   
Many of the retirees that continue their social security are convinced that that cover will be enough to satisfy immigration I'm not convinced hope all is well with you and the misses up country need to catch up when you're down over at Phil's for a drink

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Many of the retirees that continue their social security are convinced that that cover will be enough to satisfy immigration I'm not convinced hope all is well with you and the misses up country need to catch up when you're down over at Phil's for a drink

Does the social security cover out patient ?

If not then I don't see how it satisfies the requirements.

Shame we're gonna miss ya on the 18th but we're down quite regularly now so we'll deffo get together at Phil's, i'll be in touch.

• Like 1

Does the social security cover out patient ?
If not then I don't see how it satisfies the requirements.
Social Security covers 100% you can get Outpatient Care at the hospital you're registered at that's not really a problem there either going to accept it or they're not time will tell

Social Security covers 100% you can get Outpatient Care at the hospital you're registered at that's not really a problem there either going to accept it or they're not time will tell

Cool, did not know that.... I'll have to find out which hospital iam registered at.

Cool, did not know that.... I'll have to find out which hospital iam registered at.
And once a year you can change where you want to be registered at I'm registered in sriracha as Pattaya City Hospital here is more like a clinic they can't really do anything they send you out so there's no point in being registered there it's 20K away but it's a full-service Hospital

21 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Why exclude others on non immigrant visa's ?.

Not everyone is a retiree and most probably this insurance thing will also affect them sooner or later.

My Gosh,

A 2 week travel insurance for a 35 y old family for 2 weeks is peanuts, hence not an issue if one day Thailand want to implement mandatory insurance for tourists. Discussed many times and up to now nobody has an idea how to implement that, except including a governement scheme fee in any ticket to Thailand.

A yearly health insurance for a 65 y retiree is a completely different matter. Prohibitive, if not impossible, for many expats. Very easy to implement and enforce for the government.

Please THINK !

• Thumbs Up 1

My Gosh,
A 2 week travel insurance for a 35 y old family for 2 weeks is peanuts, hence not an issue if one day Thailand want to implement mandatory insurance for tourists. Discussed many times and up to now nobody has an idea how to implement that, except including a governement scheme fee in any ticket to Thailand.
A yearly health insurance for a 65 y retiree is a completely different matter. Prohibitive, if not impossible, for many expats. Very easy to implement and enforce for the government.
Please THINK !

35 yr old family dont typically obtain a non immigrant visa for a 2 week holiday so not sure why you are replying to me with that nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

35 yr old family dont typically obtain a non immigrant visa for a 2 week holiday so not sure why you are replying to me with that nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

FFS, can you read my post ?  It's in English ?

Stop answering every subject with nonsense answers .....