• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
KWA

TooGoodToGo

I came across this app a few months ago but never used it until today.  The idea is that restaurants, hotels, bakeries etc that would often throw out good food sell it off cheap at the end of the day (or after breakfast, lunch or dinner service).  There were no local  businesses participating when I first downloaded the app, but it seemed to be mostly hotel chains with buffet meals bagging up what was left, or cafes with hot snacks left over at the end of the day.  Also a couple of fruit places and delicatessens where the product has a limited life.

Well I opened  it again last week and there was now a local business participating so I gave it a go this evening.  They claimed to give £9 GBP of product for £3, but don't itemise it as it could be different every day, or from one customer to another.  Well this is what I got.  2 mince and onion bridies, 2 steak pies and one chicken and bacon pie.  Also another bag with a big bag of cheese puffs, individual porton of Nutella spread, bottle of Yazoo chocolate milk and some sort of cake.

Not bad at all at 5 minutes from home and for £3.  I'm pretty sure I'll be back.  Anybody else used this or heard anything about it?

The app is called TooGoodTGo and they have a website here.

https://toogoodtogo.co.uk/en-gb

pies.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

From the title of the thread who else thought this was going to be about a tattooed, curly blonde haired, arrogant princess from a Go Go bar?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/8/2019 at 4:10 PM, karon steve said:

From the title of the thread who else thought this was going to be about a tattooed, curly blonde haired, arrogant princess from a Go Go bar?

yes..I was sadly misled lol

Think  I will pass on the gastroenteritis this week ,but weight loss monday beckons perhaps

Edited by Ivan the terrible

Sign in to follow this