• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Bazle

Dry day coming up (Threads Merged)

Sunday 13 October is a Buddhist Day. An alcohol ban is expected from midnight on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

end of lent here and, I am told, its a dry day..  annoying as I am off to phuket and thats night one..such is life.

anyone know different?

I was reading the Pattaya Mail today and it said that the 13th is the 3rd aniversary of the passing of the old King and it was a dry day last year. Buddhist lent is the Monday and will just be a Government Public Holiday, probably not a dry day.

12 minutes ago, andycoll said:

I was reading the Pattaya Mail today and it said that the 13th is the 3rd aniversary of the passing of the old King and it was a dry day last year. Buddhist lent is the Monday and will just be a Government Public Holiday, probably not a dry day.

Both fall on the 13th with the 13th a dry  day and the 14th (pubic holiday) not a dry day was my understanding.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone know if the Retox bar in Soi Honey is open on dry day's. I want to watch the Japan Scotland rugby game as it should be a good game with both sides having a lot to play for.

3 minutes ago, andycoll said:

Does anyone know if the Retox bar in Soi Honey is open on dry day's. I want to watch the Japan Scotland rugby game as it should be a good game with both sides having a lot to play for.

yes will open maybe lepub beter.

22 hours ago, tommy dee said:

end of lent here and, I am told, its a dry day..  annoying as I am off to phuket and thats night one..such is life.

anyone know different?

At least you know about it in advance and can prepare, spare a thought for all the tourists arriving who won't know anything about it until they go looking for a nice, cool beer after theri journey only to find the bars all shut up. Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

At least you know about it in advance and can prepare, spare a thought for all the tourists arriving who won't know anything about it until they go looking for a nice, cool beer after theri journey only to find the bars all shut up. Amazing Thailand.

They come for the culture so should respect it and not be annoyed............. or are you talking about sex pests ?

23 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

They come for the culture so should respect it and not be annoyed............. or are you talking about sex pests ?

Well I might be wrong, but I've always assumed that a lot of the tourists are coming here for some R&R, taking in the sun, relaxing with a beer or cocktail or three, and generally enjoying themselves, and they couldn't care much about Thai culture, religion or the sex scene.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Well I might be wrong, but I've always assumed that a lot of the tourists are coming here for some R&R, taking in the sun, relaxing with a beer or cocktail or three, and generally enjoying themselves, and they couldn't care much about Thai culture, religion or the sex scene.

If they cannot go without a beer for 24 hours then maybe they should not be leaving home.

2 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

If they cannot go without a beer for 24 hours then maybe they should not be leaving home.

Do you have any idea how daft that sort of comment makes you look?

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dry days and hour limitation for sale of alcohol always really pissed me off. Stupid, ineffective, medieval... 

FFS, worse then the M.E. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Do you have any idea how daft that sort of comment makes you look?

Do you want me to apoligise because Iam not an alcoholic ?

6 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Do you want me to apoligise because Iam not an alcoholic ?

Are u accusing us a being alcoholics ? 😡😡

I can see a shitfest coming .....😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Ain't forums fun ?

22 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Are u accusing us a being alcoholics ? 😡😡

I can see a shitfest coming .....😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Ain't forums fun ?

If thats what you took from my reply then maybe you do have a problem with the bottle but it certainly was not intended.

• Like 1

Come and watch at Le Pub if you want mate. Serving coffee *wink wink*
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, misteregg said:

Come and watch at Le Pub if you want mate. Serving coffee *wink wink*

If the game goes ahead l might drop in. Although I am more of a tea drinker. 

• Like 1