New Blue UK Passports

john luke

• 3 weeks later...

I was getting excited when I saw an update on this thread.

But no.

By way of information, earlier this week I attended at the Royal Thai Consulate at Hull.  The staff there said that no one had attended there with a blue UK passport.  Does look as if they have not started to issue them as yet.

10 minutes ago, john luke said:

I was getting excited when I saw an update on this thread.

But no.

By way of information, earlier this week I attended at the Royal Thai Consulate at Hull.  The staff there said that no one had attended there with a blue UK passport.  Does look as if they have not started to issue them as yet.

Not to take this off topic too much but did you still have to apply online for your visa before visiting Hull?

Edited by boydeste

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Read an article in a paper yesterday that mentioned that a toddler was the first person to be given a new blue passport as they have now run out of the red passports.

Today I have sent my daughter's passport for renewal so hopefully she will receive a nice new blue one. I know it really doesn't matter what colour she gets but does look like anybody renewing or requesting a passport will no longer receive a red one.

13 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Not as if anyone can use them atm.

True in a lot of cases, but I'll be boarding a flight from Glasgow to Dubai in half an hour or so and they told me at check in that economy class was full.  I was hoping for an upgrade, but 6 seats still showing empty as of now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KWA said:

True in a lot of cases, but I'll be boarding a flight from Glasgow to Dubai in half an hour or so and they told me at check in that economy class was full.  I was hoping for an upgrade, but 6 seats still showing empty as of now.

Safe travels mate. 

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

Safe travels mate. 

Cheers.

My flight ended up with 29 seats empty in Economy Class so no upgrades being handed out.  The majority of passengers were Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis etc heading home to hunker down I think, so it wasn't a pleasant flight.  I had an exit row and an empty seat next to me which made it bearable.  Flight to BKK now is nothing like as busy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...