Naklua Sea Food Market and Surrounds

My main camera is a Canon 6D Mark II, however it is heavy and even heavier with the longer lenses fitted. I wanted a small point and shoot type camera, which would produce pictures of a similar quality to the 6D Mark II when tayking what I would describe as easy pictures; by that I mean no difficult lighting conditions and subject not to far away etc.  I recently took the plunge and purchased a Canon Powershot g7x mark III.  Whilst it will in no way replace to DSLR, I have been pleased with its performance.  One feature that is good is the attached flash gun; the better quality DSLR s do not have a built in flash; it is so quick to just press a button and have a small flash gun there, rather than having to get an external flashgun out of the camera back and attach it.  All the shots here were taken with the g7x and I do not think there has been any loss of quality from previous stuff taken on the DSLR and the fill in flash also was convenient.  It is a 1 inch sensor.  I still post process everything using Lightroom and Photoshop.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, john luke said:

LOL

I am afraid it reminds me of what the old Leeds Fish Market was like when I was a child; by the way I am 70 now.

😀

It’s always nice to buy fresh meat/produce, where I live there are few such places and they are all out of my way. Therefore, Walmart and the big grocers get my money 99% of the time

22 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Great pics John, is that the place where you can actually eat there what they cook for ya ?  

Yes, there is a park between the market and the coastline.  Families bring their rugs and picnic/eat there.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, john luke said:

My main camera is a Canon 6D Mark II, however it is heavy and even heavier with the longer lenses fitted. I wanted a small point and shoot type camera, which would produce pictures of a similar quality to the 6D Mark II when tayking what I would describe as easy pictures; by that I mean no difficult lighting conditions and subject not to far away etc.  I recently took the plunge and purchased a Canon Powershot g7x mark III.  Whilst it will in no way replace to DSLR, I have been pleased with its performance.  One feature that is good is the attached flash gun; the better quality DSLR s do not have a built in flash; it is so quick to just press a button and have a small flash gun there, rather than having to get an external flashgun out of the camera back and attach it.  All the shots here were taken with the g7x and I do not think there has been any loss of quality from previous stuff taken on the DSLR and the fill in flash also was convenient.  It is a 1 inch sensor.  I still post process everything using Lightroom and Photoshop.

I decided after my last trip I wouldn't bother lugging my DSLR and lenses around on future trips , especially as I tend to travel  a lot on my holidays  .... last time I took around 90% of my pics with my phone , so next time I will use that and a Sony RX100 as backup 

• 2 months later...

No need.  Baht bus on Second Road on reaching Dolphin Circus will either turn onto Naklua Road and onto market.  If it turns left to go on Beach Road get off and walk to Naklua Road,  then get baht bus there to the market. 

Return baht bus down Naklua Road and onto Beach Road. 

• Great Info 1

great pics BUT I think you have to remember that whilst its a seafood market, practically NONE of the seafood comes fro the ocean.  only two stalls right at the back sell seafood from the sea, the rest is farmed and freshwater shrimp etc.  never fails to amaze me  as there is the sea right next to it.  same on ko samet, seafood is actually shipped in from the mainland and.. freshwater farms.

huge difference in taste too

• Great Info 2

Are the prices displayed on the fish and shrimp and mussels, etc...per kilogram? When I'm in Pattaya, I love to buy a bag of those steamed mussels for 50 baht. But I think I saw 60 baht on a mussels display and that cost is a great deal if for a whole kilogram.

I'd buy several fish and let them clean and cook them for take away back to the loom.