Kevin Burton in nursing home

misteregg

3 hours ago, misteregg said:

Me and my friend Mike we’re discussing how he could claim his UK pension and have it paid into his account to help with hospital expenses. An anyone help with information on this.

I would suggest contacting the UK embassy. With a bit of luck (bad for those involved), they have some experience with this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, misteregg said:

State

It varies slightly whether he is letting them know he is claiming it from overseas or not (and not just for the annual increases).  If he has an address on file, a letter would be sent around 2 months before he becomes eligible giving his options.  Otherwise it'll need a phone call or claim on line.

I think this year saw the change from aged 65 to 66 so it may not be on his birthday if he's around 65 just now.  The number I have is similar to Lantern's above, but I'm not sure of his prefix for international calls. +44 (0) 191 218 7777

Online form starts off here:

https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/ipc/personal-details

Ih he's claiming as if in the UK, start here:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-pension-service

18 hours ago, misteregg said:

Apologies if this topic has been reported previously, but Kevin, Capt of the Secrets yacht and occasional musician accompanying Barry Upton, has had quite a severe stroke a few weeks ago which has left him temporarily paralysed down his right side. This was in addition to a stoke the previous years

Kev is in q nursing hope and today I went to see him.

Happy to report that he’s in good spirits, he can barely move his right arm. His speech is a little confused and doesn’t really make sense but he’s definitely got all his thoughts and had a wide grin on his face.

The nursing home is on the dark side, near the lake.

The nursing staff are great and he’s in a hospital bed in a normal room. He’s been to the bottom of the soi in a wheelchair.

Mention to his girlfriend who is just amazing, although I don’t know her and has posted motivating messages all around his room. She goes to see him most days.

I wished Kev all the best from all the staff in the bar.

Me and my friend Mike we’re discussing how he could claim his UK pension and have it paid into his account to help with hospital expenses. An anyone help with information on this.

He also has money coming in from a business he has in Southampton, but nothing from another business partner in South East Asia, who has ignored him.

I’ll be going again soon and keep you all informed.

Phil

you good friend eggman

• Like 1

It varies slightly whether he is letting them know he is claiming it from overseas or not (and not just for the annual increases).  If he has an address on file, a letter would be sent around 2 months before he becomes eligible giving his options.  Otherwise it'll need a phone call or claim on line.
I think this year saw the change from aged 65 to 66 so it may not be on his birthday if he's around 65 just now.  The number I have is similar to Lantern's above, but I'm not sure of his prefix for international calls. +44 (0) 191 218 7777
Online form starts off here:
https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/ipc/personal-details
Ih he's claiming as if in the UK, start here:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-pension-service

Ok thanks. When I see him I’ll let him know all this information.
Thanks again.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So sad. Well done Phil. Had a great drink with him just when he was starting his new business (ahem). 

Scary what can be around the corner ........  hope he continues to recover. 

At least he has a nice t-shirt on so has his sense of humour. Always cheerful and very friendly bloke.

Cracking Mr Egg ......... :default_friends:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

@misteregg well done for visiting, it really does make a difference, especially as he is in a foreign country which must confuse him even more....... when my wife had her stroke ALL her Filipino friends stopped visiting, broke her heart..... he’ll need his real friends 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, misteregg said:

61e76af564dc9a21539ec7e7ab960588.jpg860e142442b8e7ee4497697577a9e9b2.jpgd84a5d5cb96e16d07e77d6f325d33bf7.jpg
Went to see Kev today. Many thanks to Mike Bridge for giving me a lift. Barry Upton was visiting as well.
Health wise he is unchanged. He cannot use his right side, difficulty walking and very confused speech.
Mentally I would say he’s having a bad time of things. He’s smiling when he talks about Chelsea football, but gets flustered when talking about other things, especially a failed business deal that he is having problems with.
He gave me a big hug and a smile when we posed for the photos and said goodbye.
I read out all the messages of good will from this thread to him and he said hi to Cliff, Stu and Ivan. He remembers you all.

Will visit again soon.

I tried 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

A simple example why we should enjoy every minute of life.

f**k the paranpia, f**k the virus.... because maybe tmrw you're out anyway.

Nobody ever lived 200 years....

That has been my philosophy since my wife was diagnosed as (at the time) the third youngest person ever to be diagnosed with Alzheimers in Scotland.

Dying when it should not be your time is bad enough but when the mind goes as well as the body it is so much worse.

Kev had a previous heart attack (?) from which he mostly recovered. It is so sad to see him in these circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Like something from a bad movie.

that was my impression from the photo.  could be any cell in the UK.   sod that for a game of soldiers.  better to be at home and hire a "help"   sad situation for sure

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tommy dee said:

that was my impression from the photo.  could be any cell in the UK.   sod that for a game of soldiers.  better to be at home and hire a "help"   sad situation for sure

I hope he is okay financially.

I seem to recall he had problems with a UK business interest and I imagine that his shareholding in Cambodia is probably not producing much in the way of financial support?

• Like 1

Kev is pretty slow and lethargic, but he’s the brightest one there. He’s in his own room, very clean, nice bathroom and private garden.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1