Pattaya's hotel prices v Online booking agents

Pumpuynarak

2 hours ago, KWA said:

There's always some who won't look any further than the hotel's own website so they're quite happy to take a few quid extra off these guys.  They'll be first in line for any upgrades going whereas those using the booking sites will have the rooms next to the lift and rubbish chutes.

Heres an example of one of the hotel I use part of the Sabai Group. Take Sabai Lodge down Soi 2 popular hotel. Have just had a look at what they're charging from their own website for Superior B rooms (which I normally would take) for November. No minimum stay on anything. Its 1150 Baht minus 5% for using their own site equalling  1092 Baht

Now I havent hit Agoda or all the rest to compare yet (will look later) but I bet you have one helluva job to find it lower exact room for room

3 hours ago, KWA said:

There's always some who won't look any further than the hotel's own website so they're quite happy to take a few quid extra off these guys.  They'll be first in line for any upgrades going whereas those using the booking sites will have the rooms next to the lift and rubbish chutes.

Well thats why i was gonna try and book through the hotels own website, as i said they gave us a nice upgrade last time even though i booked through Agoda, we are regulars.

7 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

So why do they have a website that includes hotel bookings direct to the hotel ? admittedly they ain't gonna get much take up with the prices they offer. Where i stay they also don't offer certain upmarket rooms on agency websites you have to book directly with the hotel. 

Coverage and exposure on the net... and if you book there site full price then its worth it to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, RR007 said:

Heres an example of one of the hotel I use part of the Sabai Group. Take Sabai Lodge down Soi 2 popular hotel. Have just had a look at what they're charging from their own website for Superior B rooms (which I normally would take) for November. No minimum stay on anything. Its 1150 Baht minus 5% for using their own site equalling  1092 Baht

Now I havent hit Agoda or all the rest to compare yet (will look later) but I bet you have one helluva job to find it lower exact room for room

Quoting myself  it was quite close on this occasion with Agoda at 1131 baht slightly more expensive though (albeit am assuming there was no additional add on at Agoda final price) so 39 Baht more

Normally around 150-200 cheaper via hotels own website

• Great Info 1

• 1 month later...

If anyone thinks bookings are increasing in Pattaya think again.  Despite the Indians which I know to an extent use Eastiny Place I like the location in Soi 8

Have literally just booked 6 nights (we're going Angeles after) Deluxe Room (highest of the 3 available) at 628 Baht a night off their own website. They were already offering 3 nights for 2 but now added another 10% off

Christ I was paying that in shitholes 15-20 years ago lol

• Thumbs Up 1