Jump to content

Board Pilots


Glasseye
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i suppose pilots gotta have something to do when on autopilot lol

yes read thred title and thought for little bit topic abot BM's flying own plane

Edited by BarryL
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Haha, I had a PPL, IRR, and MEP many years ago and let them lapse. To be blunt, flying small a/c is boring af and nowadays expensive af too.

I wish I had learnt PPL (H) instead but that is now even more expensive af.

Insurance for doing anything interesting, since the Shoreham crash is astronomical in the UK. I know a Senior BA Captain who cannot now get reasonable insurance to fly a Yak ffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shaksey said:

Haha, I had a PPL, IRR, and MEP many years ago and let them lapse. To be blunt, flying small a/c is boring af and nowadays expensive af too.

I wish I had learnt PPL (H) instead but that is now even more expensive af.

Insurance for doing anything interesting, since the Shoreham crash is astronomical in the UK. I know a Senior BA Captain who cannot now get reasonable insurance to fly a Yak ffs.

I flew sailplanes for about ten years. Loved it, and it was relatively inexpensive as I owned my ship. At one point I took instruction for SEL, but stopped once I soloed as I decided the expense was not worth the thrill of flying, especially when I could get the same thrill for a lot less in a sailplane.

My 17m Open Cirrus.

N8145 - WI.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I flew sailplanes for about ten years. Loved it, and it was relatively inexpensive as I owned my ship. At one point I took instruction for SEL, but stopped once I soloed as I decided the expense was not worth the thrill of flying, especially when I could get the same thrill for a lot less in a sailplane.

My 17m Open Cirrus.

N8145 - WI.JPG

Dam Force, this was yours and the one you referred to in the Lake Tahoe thread I should try over the Sierra Nevada Mountains? 

Comfortable enough for 2 people, looks small, any claustrophobic problems? 

Edited by Yessongs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Dam Force, this was yours and the one you referred to in the Lake Tahoe thread I should try over the Sierra Nevada Mountains? 

Comfortable enough for 2 people, looks small, any claustrophobic problems? 

Looks about the same size as an ASK21 twoseater, small but not claustrophobic because of the clear all around view (I've been a passenger in one a couple of times).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Dam Force, this was yours and the one you referred to in the Lake Tahoe thread I should try over the Sierra Nevada Mountains? 

Comfortable enough for 2 people, looks small, any claustrophobic problems? 

My flight over the Sierra Nevada range was a rental.

The Cirrus is a single seater. No problems with claustrophobia as it's a fairly large cockpit. Strange thing is, I'm scared of heights, but for some reason flying doesn't trigger that fear.

Pic of the cockpit. The trailer in the foreground is the ship's home when I wasn't flying her.
P1080001.JPG

Pic of myself and a friend catching a thermal over Hartford, WI (HXF), our home airport
P1080009.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back in the early 80s I learned to fly at Meacham airfield in Texas. Remember sitting at the holding point at Lovefield Dallas alongside a Southwest Airlines 737, I was in a small Cessna 172 and I got the go before the female pilot in the 737. She gave me a thumbs up, maybe the same lady and she has felt emotionally stressed ever since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...