Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Hua Hin

Sea-Hawks

On 11/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, BarryL said:

bangkok much beter almost every way even esan music especialy at end night. beer & food not even same world.

been in ut, kk & bangkok. all ok but bangkok world class.

Can't agree with you on BKK being "world class". For a first time visitor I'd agree on it being fantastic for all the big tourist attractions Grand Palace, Wat Pho etc.

But a "world class" city- no.

Inadequate public transport (the airport rail link is a disgrace), unchecked pollution, rising cost of living and for tourists given the strength of the THB less and less of a bargain. I can pay less or equivalent for meals/drinks in London, get superior food and better service.

I've done BKK to death and find the idea of going to KK or UT, and up to Laos far more interesting, and have enjoyed  this TR accordingly.

Would agree with you on Tawandang on Rama III being great though.  Possibly the only nightlife venue I can think of in BKK that hasn't declined markedly in the past 15 years.

1 minute ago, Lemondropkid said:

Can't agree with you on BKK being "world class". For a first time visitor I'd agree on it being fantastic for all the big tourist attractions Grand Palace, Wat Pho etc.

But a "world class" city- no.

Inadequate public transport (the airport rail link is a disgrace), unchecked pollution, rising cost of living and for tourists given the strength of the THB less and less of a bargain. I can pay less or equivalent for meals/drinks in London, get superior food and better service.

I've done BKK to death and find the idea of going to KK or UT, and up to Laos far more interesting, and have enjoyed  this TR accordingly.

Would agree with you on Tawandang on Rama III being great though.  Possibly the only nightlife venue I can think of in BKK that hasn't declined markedly in the past 15 years.

not mean bangkok world class. mean tawandang  rama 3 original club is world class, brew own beer, food very good, shows good.

do not know why horizondave think i talk bad about esan & tawandang there but they very diferent than tawandang bangkok. 

47 minutes ago, BarryL said:

not mean bangkok world class. mean tawandang  rama 3 original club is world class, brew own beer, food very good, shows good.

do not know why horizondave think i talk bad about esan & tawandang there but they very diferent than tawandang bangkok. 

OK👍 I've had some great nights out there too

8 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

You missed the humour and too be honest I have missed the forum I joined, time for a new forum I think.

I am thinking a bit same.  

Concerning the forum has lost its spirit...... More on that tmrw.

Ok, I admit I missed the humour part !

• 2 years later...

I need to head up to Udon Thani for a meeting in May.  Trying to decide on whether to just go for the day and come back or stay 3-5 days...

Anybody know if the night complex and other girly beer bars are open in UT?

3 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

I need to head up to Udon Thani for a meeting in May.  Trying to decide on whether to just go for the day and come back or stay 3-5 days...

Was there in December ..............not a lot open. Night complex was pretty much just a couple of bars at the front. Soi Sampan similar, Nutty Park, one or two

Headed back end of next week and from what I hear better with more open/opening but still not a lot happening. 

Hopefully guys based in Udon can provide you with more up-to-date information and hopefully in May an imp[roved situation 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Was just there last night staying almost right next door. More and more bars are opening but they're still closing at 11 and girls are kind of thin on the ground. But one of the local guys up here told me that every week it seems to be getting busier with more girls. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Was just there last night staying almost right next door. More and more bars are opening but they're still closing at 11 and girls are kind of thin on the ground. But one of the local guys up here told me that every week it seems to be getting busier with more girls. 

...U staying at @Home Udon Thani Hotel ?

You book through a site?

9 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

I was there recently and in the main bar complex there were only 4 bars open. The army came one night and got angry because we had beer in glasses after 9pm. They said we could drink until 11pm but after 9pm the beer had to be in plain mugs.

Edited by boydeste
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Good to see it is getting better.