Gulf War veteran, 55, was killed by a single punch from a bouncer in Thailand

Pumpuynarak

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

If he (the bouncer) is attacked physically he should be able to defend himself. Getting "mouthy" is not an excuse. 

3 hours ago, Gin Kii said:

Is the beating unprovoked or does the bin dodger getting mouthy when approached  and then gets a slap ?

I ask as you seem to be knowledgable on the matter.

And yes, since you mentioned it.... I am very knowledgeable on these matters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something nobody seems to think about is the likely fact that his wife has probably no clue about what Pattaya is, and the kind of establishment / environment her husband was in.

Now you have your beloved husband dead, and if digging the story a bit you realize that he was killed because of a bill disagreement in a brothel.....

One (WE) should always think about the possible consequences on the people we leave behind before acting or behaving in a risky way.

Edited by Thai Spice

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

And yes, since you mentioned it.... I am very knowledgeable on these matters.

righto. so you witnessed the incident did you,  so what is written in the article  is a true representation of the facts ?

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

YES, bur FFS respect the deceased and his family and be diplomatic.

Just offering an opinion of how he might have become deceased cause i do not believe he was struck by the bouncer over the un-paid bill without provocation, I suspect the incident became verbal (old matey the war veteran) got mouthy and the bouncer then snotted him............... I do agree if the bill was paid the incident would not have happened though.

rest in peace.

6 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Go to bed.  Done with you. Sleep tight !

Righto, so you are not a cop in Pattaya nor worked as security in Pattaya and you were not on the scene when the incident happened.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by Gin Kii

24 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Nighty nite.

Thanks for the answer.

As said..... it is a myth that every punter gets a bashing for not paying their bin in Patts by security... a total myth.

Sleep well

cheers

Edited by roobob

30 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

he doesnt do that mate,not in his DNA PC  and politically contrived  opinon is his mantra .The rest of us appreciate your opinion although may not agree with it 

but insist you respect his

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

he doesnt do that mate,not in his DNA PC  and politically contrived  opinon is his mantra .The rest of us appreciate your opinion although may not agree with it 

QUOTE:

"I expect the big bar war veteran gave it large and then got sat on his ass."

Speak for yourself - I for one do not appreciate the opinion of somebody who makes a comment such as the above and I am very surprised you wrote as you did even allowing for your caveat at the end.

His style reminds me of someone?

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Jambo said:

QUOTE:

"I expect the big bar war veteran gave it large and then got sat on his ass."

Speak for yourself - I for one do not appreciate the opinion of somebody who makes a comment such as the above and I am very surprised you wrote as you did even allowing for your caveat at the end.

His style reminds me of someone?

Fair enough.... that is your opinion...… but that does not mean he cannot have a different opinion to you and express it.

Your last sentence.... does he remind you of someone or are you asking the question to others??

cheers 

8 hours ago, roobob said:

Thanks for the answer.

As said..... it is a myth that every punter gets a bashing for not paying their bin in Patts by security... a total myth.

Sleep well

cheers

Most do, too be fair. My friend came close to a mob lynching because He wanted to pay His 5 Baht toilet fee in smaller money. Nearly got wasted for refusing to hand over a 5 Baht coin.

Seen it so many times, farangs being beat, gang beaten, sucker punched etc.

Not many get away with not paying bins and the Thai way is to attack. 

8 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Bingo, i've attempted to walk out of bars before without paying my checkbin, its easily done when the worse for drink. The bars have to shoulder some responsibility for these type of events after all they continue to serve alcohol to customers when clearly they should'nt, the UK introduced laws to try and prevent but TIT where its all about the money and nothing else.  

Tend to agree. They want the money so bad that they allow people to get absolutely inebriated to a point some don't know what day it is and then 'possibly' through an inability to know whether they have paid or not they walk out only to be beaten up by thugs who have no skill in averting a situation like the one in the video.

I quite like some places where you pay as you drink rather than build up a bill that most could not possibly calculate with their state of mind.

Never really seen this happen in the Philippines, in fact the only times I have seen people running out of a bar after me was to give me my change which I had forgotten to take.

Not saying that people can't get in trouble in P.I but this situation does seem to happen more in Thailand I believe. The bars should try to address how they interact with customers to keep 'everybody' safe.

I feel very sorry for the guy in the video.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1