Gulf War veteran, 55, was killed by a single punch from a bouncer in Thailand

Pumpuynarak

7 hours ago, Gin Kii said:

where do I find a 4 digit pin number on my atm card ?

The one you use to withdraw money from.

When you call emergency services in Pattaya you're likely to be asked to pay the cops to intervene, or the Hospital on arrival. 

47 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

The ones in Thailand can be......think though that Farangme is giving a view of what might be needed to either avert a situation or to pay for the result of such thuggish actions.

UK cards are 4 digits ?

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

QUOTE:

"I expect the big bar war veteran gave it large and then got sat on his ass."

Speak for yourself - I for one do not appreciate the opinion of somebody who makes a comment such as the above and I am very surprised you wrote as you did even allowing for your caveat at the end.

His style reminds me of someone?

A certain someone who also had a two word Thai name and was argumentative and pedantic 

Watch this forum go down the shitter if it is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, farangme said:

Yes and so are some Thai banks. Bangkok and K bank 4 digits😃

Actually slightly wrong Richard, Kbank has rolled out new cards with 6 digits, I have 3 cards and they are all 6 digit....

My UK bank is still 4 digit.

Edited by Horizondave

29 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I think the newer Bangkok Bank cards have six , I only opened mine last year 

Probably right mate...…… I have had my account now going for over 15 years ...… and my current card still valid for another year or so..... so  maybe with the replacement card I will have to go to 6 digits. 

cheers

6 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

YES, bur FFS respect the deceased and his family and be diplomatic.

nothing posted here has been any worse than in the media and this is not a public forum..  you may not agree with a post,but that doesnt make it intolerable   neck in wind pls:)

5 hours ago, Gin Kii said:

Righto, so you are not a cop in Pattaya nor worked as security in Pattaya and you were not on the scene when the incident happened.

Thanks for the clarification.

first.. welcome to the board, again, second ls dont bait our members.. it will see you moving on quicker than a rat up a drainpipe .. cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

nothing posted here has been any worse than in the media and this is not a public forum..  you may not agree with a post,but that doesnt make it intolerable   neck in wind pls:)

first.. welcome to the board, again, second ls dont bait our members.. it will see you moving on quicker than a rat up a drainpipe .. cheers

was calling bulllshit but if the mods think i it was troll biting I will refrain

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I think the newer Bangkok Bank cards have six , I only opened mine last year 

Correct. As the old cards expire they're being replaced with ones that have a chip embedded, and with the new card comes a requirement to select a six digit pin number.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Correct. As the old cards expire they're being replaced with ones that have a chip embedded, and with the new card comes a requirement to select a six digit pin number.

Just checked mine...… the card I have now has a chip embedded.......with Bangkok Bank...… valid until 8/21......still have a four digit pin number.

cheers

7 minutes ago, roobob said:

Just checked mine...… the card I have now has a chip embedded.......with Bangkok Bank...… valid until 8/21......still have a four digit pin number.

cheers

Only relating what the bank official told me when I got my new cards (K Bank and Bkk Bank).

• Thumbs Up 1

This past week I have seen change given for a BIN payment questioned 3 times as incorrect. On all the occasions the cashier has corrected the mistake after a polite nudge from the guy involved. It seems to be way more common than what it should be me thinks.

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

This past week I have seen change given for a BIN payment questioned 3 times as incorrect. On all the occasions the cashier has corrected the mistake after a polite nudge from the guy involved. It seems to be way more common than what it should be me thinks.

That happened to you in March when we were in Peppermint , but you actually said it was going to happen , you thought the guy was shifty ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

That happened to you in March when we were in Peppermint , but you actually said it was going to happen , you thought the guy was shifty ...

Ah yes, on that occasion I see it coming. None of these were my bin and not just change for 500 instead of 1k. A couple were just short changed by a hundred or 2. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Ah yes, on that occasion I see it coming. None of these were my bin and not just change for 500 instead of 1k. A couple were just short changed by a hundred or 2. 

At that time though , you could see a number of the other guys working there taking an interest in what was happening .. I was never that comfortable being in  GoGos with male serving staff before , but that put me right off , especially Bars in the same group as Peppermint 

• Like 1