How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

KhunDon

How does your wife or girlfriend handle living away from Thailand.

9 hours ago, tko said:

I taught miy wife to drive in the US, and she got her license.  She only had a motorcycle licensee in Thailand before she moved over.   When we moved to Thailand, she freaked out about how Thais drive.  It's been a few years, so now we're both used to it.

Same.”they drive like maniacs”.

those people.lolol.

My wife's sister moved to Croydon (London suburb) 9 years ago with her English husband into an area which we discovered was mini Thailand. 

There is even a street sign "Thai Corner" and the local pub the landlord's wife was Thai and virtually everything in the pub ( except the booze)  is imported from Thailand and has a price tag on it. All the pictures on the walls, ornaments, elephants even some of the tables all from Thailand and all for sale.

When Sai and I visited their house Thai women kept appearing and disappearing.

Their son, who could hardly speak any English when they moved, may still look Thai but he is English now to the point he had difficulty speaking to Sai in Thai. Children are very adaptable.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, tko said:

I taught miy wife to drive in the US, and she got her license.  She only had a motorcycle licensee in Thailand before she moved over.   When we moved to Thailand, she freaked out about how Thais drive.  It's been a few years, so now we're both used to it.

On my first visit to Thailand, we were traveling back to her parents house in her dad’s Mercedes on the expressway, doing about 170kph and I asked her how long she’d had a license, she replied “I’ve never had a license”!

Bearing in mind her dad was a top BIB back then, to say I wasn’t amused, was putting it politely. 
When she came to live with me in the UK, I bought her a new Honda Civic Auto and a set of L plates, with a view to taking her out to learn the British rules of the road and how we (or most of us) drive here. 
BIG mistake, as she drove like a maniac, leaving just inches to the car in front. 
So I decided, if we were ever going to make our relationship work, I would be better off having a qualified instructor give her lessons. Thankfully she passed her test after 6 or so lessons and since then, has managed to damage every new car (9) she’s had since. ☹️

Now, to save money on divorce lawyers, I always drive when we go out as a family. 🤗

• Haha 3

On my first visit to Thailand, we were traveling back to her parents house in her dad’s Mercedes on the expressway, doing about 170kph and I asked her how long she’d had a license, she replied “I’ve never had a license”!
Bearing in mind her dad was a top BIB back then, to say I wasn’t amused, was putting it politely. 
When she came to live with me in the UK, I bought her a new Honda Civic Auto and a set of L plates, with a view to taking her out to learn the British rules of the road and how we (or most of us) drive here. 
BIG mistake, as she drove like a maniac, leaving just inches to the car in front. 
So I decided, if we were ever going to make our relationship work, I would be better off having a qualified instructor give her lessons. Thankfully she passed her test after 6 or so lessons and since then, has managed to damage every new car (9) she’s had since.
Now, to save money on divorce lawyers, I always drive when we go out as a family.
I,d love to hear the story how you ended up in a girls Dads Merc on your first visit to Thailand. Mine had a bufallo. I went wrong somewhere?

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Years ago, I took my parents up to Isaan to meet the wifes parents. Her mother was most concerned about who should be looking after my parents bufallos and chickens. Funny, and worlds apart. :)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Captain_B said:

I,d love to hear the story how you ended up in a girls Dads Merc on your first visit to Thailand. Mine had a bufallo. I went wrong somewhere?

After meeting my now wife in the UK, I retired and went out to Thailand to meet her family. Her dad was a BIB back then and she used his new car to ferry me around to and from my hotel in BKK.
I also had diarrhoea in the front seat, but that’s another story. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, here it is from the horse mouth ......

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/arts/2019/11/28/its-not-all-sabai-sabai-matchmaker-of-thai-women-and-danish-men-says/

A few extracts ? :

"Sommai was the first Thai wife in Thy, a rural district in Denmark when she moved there three decades ago. Through matchmaking her extended family and neighbors from Yok Kham village in rural Khon Kaen by placing newspaper ads, Sommai brought over and matchmade for more than 40 Thai women, who in turn brought in 200 more."

However, Sommai pulled no punches when asked why the women went.

“To be honest, no one goes for love, no matter if they met online or in real life, or at Pattaya like I did. We go to help ourselves and our family, but as time goes on, some people love each other,” she said. “We don’t go because of love, or endure because of love.”

Romantic love wasn’t the most important factor in these marriages, Sommai said.

“Although love is needed in a marriage, it’s not needed for us and the women who go,” she said. “We don’t need them to love us as a person, but to love our family as well.”

Ough, this one is hard :

"When asked how Danish men are better than Thai counterparts during a Q&A session, Sommai said they are pretty much the same, except there is tougher law enforcement in Denmark which prevent husbands from beating their wives."

OK, IMO a lot of cynical truth in what she said, but a load of bollocks as well...

That she has made a business out of.it shows her mentality.

nevertheless, I'll try to find the movie.  

Edit : DONT KILL THE MESSENGER ....

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, here it is from the horse mouth ......

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/arts/2019/11/28/its-not-all-sabai-sabai-matchmaker-of-thai-women-and-danish-men-says/

A few extracts ? :

"Sommai was the first Thai wife in Thy, a rural district in Denmark when she moved there three decades ago. Through matchmaking her extended family and neighbors from Yok Kham village in rural Khon Kaen by placing newspaper ads, Sommai brought over and matchmade for more than 40 Thai women, who in turn brought in 200 more."

However, Sommai pulled no punches when asked why the women went.

“To be honest, no one goes for love, no matter if they met online or in real life, or at Pattaya like I did. We go to help ourselves and our family, but as time goes on, some people love each other,” she said. “We don’t go because of love, or endure because of love.”

Romantic love wasn’t the most important factor in these marriages, Sommai said.

“Although love is needed in a marriage, it’s not needed for us and the women who go,” she said. “We don’t need them to love us as a person, but to love our family as well.”

Ough, this one is hard :

"When asked how Danish men are better than Thai counterparts during a Q&A session, Sommai said they are pretty much the same, except there is tougher law enforcement in Denmark which prevent husbands from beating their wives."

OK, IMO a lot of cynical truth in what she said, but a load of bollocks as well...

That she has made a business out of.it shows her mentality.

nevertheless, I'll try to find the movie.  

Edit : DONT KILL THE MESSENGER ....

Shows her to be capable of recognising a business opportunity and being shrewd enough to act on it. Can't see what's wrong in Matchmaking companies although I have never used one myself.

Looking forward to seeing the movie. I know a couple of girls from the village who live in Denmark, met their husbands and they seemed like good guys. Certainly one of the girls (who is on her 3rd farang husband) is only doing it for the money but the other has been married for longer than me so that's at least 12 years.

They were back this time last year, had more than a few beers with them and they were great company as usual. Not that it's any of my business but I would say they have a good relationship.

Some people can make it work, some can't, it's the same all over the world. Some can't get over a failed relationship, they end up bitter and twisted, just because they were rejected they are unable to accept others can be happy.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Smiler said:

Some people can make it work, some can't, it's the same all over the world. Some can't get over a failed relationship, they end up bitter and twisted, just because they were rejected they are unable to accept others can be happy.

Spot on!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Smiler said:

Well, we may also have different interpretation of "happiness" ?

You see, when I watch some vloggers on Youtube living in a very basic (to be polite) environment in the boonies, with the extended family on their back, claiming that they have found perfect happiness and the love of their live I am thinking "well guys, you really didn't set the target too high".

I am not sure they are really happy, or try to convince themselves they are ? Saw some from Thailand and Philippines and they are an embarrassing to watch.

And I have seen a few cases in real live as well.

But hey, up to them !