Sign in to follow this  
Glasseye

Extension Cord

I'm bringing one this time. They can come in handy when travelling now.... with all the electronic devices that need constant charging.

Another good idea is  to bring a decent set of headphones and get a long cord for them - I bought a 10m cord in TukCom a few years ago and it's great to be able to plug into the hotel/condo TV if you are able to and then you can watch movies any time of the day or night without waking your neighbours.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Another good idea is  to bring a decent set of headphones and get a long cord for them - I bought a 10m cord in TukCom a few years ago and it's great to be able to plug into the hotel/condo TV if you are able to and then you can watch movies any time of the day or night without waking your neighbours.....

I wear the noise cancelling ones I purchased to use on flights, not sure I have ever stay in a hotel with walls that thin the TV is intrusive to the neighbours.

12 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Surely they sell them in los and can't be expensive. Quality wise who knows. 

can buy at the 7/11.

Good to travel with a power strip from home so can use home plugs in them.

1 minute ago, Gin Kii said:

I wear the noise cancelling ones I purchased to use on flights, not sure I have ever stay in a hotel with walls that thin the TV is intrusive to the neighbours.

You've got to be kidding - I've stayed in numerous 3/4 star hotels and "luxury" condos and none of them have any kind of noise insulation whatsoever - that concrete construction transmits every noise right through...your neighbour comes home from the bar pissed in the wee hours and turns on the TV or stereo and it is indeed intrusive..

• Like 1

Just now, maipenrai said:

You've got to be kidding - I've stayed in numerous 3/4 star hotels and "luxury" condos and none of them have any kind of noise insulation whatsoever - that concrete construction transmits every noise right through...your neighbour comes home from the bar pissed in the wee hours and turns on the TV or stereo and it is indeed intrusive..

Sorry, no ive never experienced noise.

my fav cables are HDMI and vga.  i take everywhere to hotels, using the tv in the room as a second pc screen for my laptop.  and if you cant be arsed to go out, cn watch netflix not the crap ontheir cable

6 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

my fav cables are HDMI and vga.  i take everywhere to hotels, using the tv in the room as a second pc screen for my laptop.  and if you cant be arsed to go out, cn watch netflix not the crap ontheir cable

Great idea, most hotel cable is crap.

2 hours ago, Gin Kii said:

stayed a few in PI and LOS that you could hear 2 fleas banging 3 rooms away.

one place in Manila the walls was 2ply,i kid you not,you could hear the pussy sucking sounds,plus the squeals,shit those where the days.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grayray said:

stayed a few in PI and LOS that you could hear 2 fleas banging 3 rooms away.

one place in Manila the walls was 2ply,i kid you not,you could hear the pussy sucking sounds,plus the squeals,shit those where the days.

regards

grayray

Maybe spend a bit more on digs, back packer type hostels have thin ply walls.

5 minutes ago, Gin Kii said:

Maybe spend a bit more on digs, back packer type hostels have thin ply walls.

that was back in the 80s not hostels but cheap hotels in manila,never charged for quest,stayed in Hilton in Manila back in 1984,120aud a night plus 35aud for lady,stayed 4 nights and moved in to Las Palmas,16aud a night and nothing for ladies.

a great hotel till a mad aussie started a fire,he was trying to kick lady out of his room,he steps outside room tells her to go,she sees him out in hallway,slams door locks it,he gets some newspapers and sets fire to the up against door,mad bastard,cost him 20000aud to keep it quiet,no police.

regards

grayray

On 11/3/2019 at 12:06 PM, fygjam said:

My son thinking ahead had his house when it was built in Vegas has Lan and USB outlets in all rooms ......well not the shitters i don't think but they may be there as well

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, maipenrai said:

yes....  Bluetooth nice also. But can sometimes be a pain in the ass to set up.

33 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

yes....  Bluetooth nice also. But can sometimes be a pain in the ass to set up.

An inherent problem with Bluetooth is it takes a finite time for the audio signal to be transmitted, decoded and then played through the phones so you can get the audio out of sync (lagging) with the video.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, grayray said:

that was back in the 80s not hostels but cheap hotels in manila,never charged for quest,stayed in Hilton in Manila back in 1984,120aud a night plus 35aud for lady,stayed 4 nights and moved in to Las Palmas,16aud a night and nothing for ladies.

a great hotel till a mad aussie started a fire,he was trying to kick lady out of his room,he steps outside room tells her to go,she sees him out in hallway,slams door locks it,he gets some newspapers and sets fire to the up against door,mad bastard,cost him 20000aud to keep it quiet,no police.

regards

grayray

I stayed in the Manila Hilton in 1985,they wouldn't let me into the disco because I was wearing trainers.But I'm a guest here I said.Then go back to your room & change I was told.All I had in the room to change into was flip flops.

Also stayed in the Sheraton in Manila which was a superb hotel.Went from there to Moal Boal in Cebu where I was paying 150 Pesos for a beach hut.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this