Anyone know where in Pattaya i can buy a Mitsubishi Aircon remote control ?

Pumpuynarak

You'd of thought i was looking to buy the crown jewels but no all i need is a new RC cos mines US. I can get one evidently from Bangkok at a cost of 1800bht but not locally here in Korat. Does anyone know a place in Patts that sells a comprehensive range of genuine Mitsubishi Aircon RC's, my requirement is a KMO4B model ?

Thanks in anticipation of any help.

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

You'd of thought i was looking to buy the crown jewels but no all i need is a new RC cos mines US. I can get one evidently from Bangkok at a cost of 1800bht but not locally here in Korat. Does anyone know a place in Patts that sells a comprehensive range of genuine Mitsubishi Aircon RC's, my requirement is a KMO4B model ?

Have a look down soi 6. You might or might not find one but your visit worthwhile 😄

Loads of Aircon places on thepressit road, just off Sukhumvit.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, misteregg said:

Larry is the remote king. He keeps turning my TVs on and off using his phone.
I’m sure he can point you in the right direction.

I have an IR blaster on my Phone as many others do but may have never used it. It comes in handy in my room it is programed for my 2 TVs and my Air Conditioner and it controls all the functions as well. In the Google playstore  there are many free remote apps. I was in AC and last trip the TV  Remote was dead no problem thaks 30 seconds to set up and all good. Can add as many devices as you like as well comes in handy.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I have an IR blaster on my Phone as many others do but may have never used it. It comes in handy in my room it is programed for my 2 TVs and my Air Conditioner and it controls all the functions as well. In the Google playstore  there are many free remote apps. I was in AC and last trip the TV  Remote was dead no problem thaks 30 seconds to set up and all good. Can add as many devices as you like as well comes in handy.

Several years ago I was in an electronics store and they had a HiFi amp for sale very cheap, not a brand name but the specs suited my requirements. It was a demo and they had lost the remote hence the cheap price.

No worries I thought, my phone has an IR blaster and there are  many free Android apps. None of them worked.

A while later I was in another electronics store and they had a universal remote claiming thousands of remote code sequences. The manual has over 30 A4 pages listing the codes supported. If your manufacturer/model weren't listed you could put it into "learning" mode. Just point it at the device you want to control, press a few buttons to put it into learning mode and it would go through its entire repertoire of codes until it got a response.

Hours later, it had finished. Not a fucking sausage!

• Sad 1

Several years ago I was in an electronics store and they had a HiFi amp for sale very cheap, not a brand name but the specs suited my requirements. It was a demo and they had lost the remote hence the cheap price.
No worries I thought, my phone has an IR blaster and there are  many free Android apps. None of them worked.
A while later I was in another electronics store and they had a universal remote claiming thousands of remote code sequences. The manual has over 30 A4 pages listing the codes supported. If your manufacturer/model weren't listed you could put it into "learning" mode. Just point it at the device you want to control, press a few buttons to put it into learning mode and it would go through its entire repertoire of codes until it got a response.
Hours later, it had finished. Not a fucking sausage!

I'm guessing they've come a long ways there must be two or three hundred different models this app claims to be able to control the first two I tried worked perfect and then the one for the air conditioner as well TCL TV LG air conditioner and a Panovox TV

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks guys i appreciate, i'm down in Patts shortly so will have a back up plan if the non genuine RC i've ordered today on Lazada is no good, if its not WGAF its costing 280bht lol 

I got my Mitsu remote from Amorn next to IT Plaza mate, here in Korat....

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I don't see one here specifically for your model but they're pretty simple and all do much the same thing.

Have a look if one of these looks like your remote, worth a try as they're cheap enough. Or if you have a contact number, call Mitsubishi Thailand and ask which remotes will work with your air con.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=mitsubishi+air+con+remote+control&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.624c719c8yTBtY

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

I don't see one here specifically for your model but they're pretty simple and all do much the same thing.

Now i thought the same but you would be surprised how specific they are for different models, i have experience with two now that have gone wrong and both times i had to ensure i got the exact same model replacement.

21 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now i thought the same but you would be surprised how specific they are for different models, i have experience with two now that have gone wrong and both times i had to ensure i got the exact same model replacement.

I've got three different models of Daikin air cons in my shack and the remotes are interchangable, or at least the on/off and temperature controls work with them all. I don't mess with the more complicated functions, as I just know I'll bugger something up if I do!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I've got three different models of Daikin air cons in my shack and the remotes are interchangable, or at least the on/off and temperature controls work with them all. I don't mess with the more complicated functions, as I just know I'll bugger something up if I do!

Good for you, obviously that is not the case with Mitsubishi.