Are we looking forward to winter in our home country?

Aqualung

6 hours ago, maipenrai said:

As one who lives north of the 60th parallel, I have no desire to spend another whole winter in that part of the world and as long as I am financially and physically able to do so, I will be absent for at least the months of December and January, and Xmas be damned....it's not so much the cold, which in my part of the north is rather dry and not nearly as bone-chilling at moderate temperatures as that experienced by those living in more humid climates - such as the UK and our own coastal areas in Canada - but it's the dark AND the cold that really gets to me -  it's having to commute in that dark and the cold with the nervous drivers amongst us holding up everyone else because they are scared shitless as soon as the first snowflake falls; it's having things break on your vehicle in the cold just when you least need to deal with something like that; it's going out every day for seemingly days on end to clear snow off your walks and driveways; and it's also having to live in a virtual police state in the "holiday" season when the local Gestapo have check stops all over the place to make sure we don't have too much fun...nah, you can have the "white winters", I am heartily sick of them and am happy to be back in Pattaya again for the duration of this one....

In your shoes (snow I'm guessing), I'd be in Asia every winter.

I'm very lucky here in North London, very temperate climate, no extremes of hot or cold. Your cold would kill me off but the lack of daylight, would be too much

Enjoy Patts

Not a fan of winter in the UK, although I do enjoy a bit of Christmas, mainly a few seasonal activities/ events and get togethers plus the food. That said, it’s not sufficient in several years to come to prevent me from escaping the cold to warmer climes.

in an ideal world I’d love to live overseas ( Asia/ sunny Europe) from mid October until mid March and the remaining months play it by ear and be flexible with my residence. I do like UK in the summer but would be happy to flit over  those 4/5 months in Europe / Asia. 

• Like 3

I don't care about the cold, you can always dress appropriately and some of those crisp cloudless days are lovely.

For me it is the bloody rain most of the year and then the dirty slush and ice that we can get during winter, it just doesn't make my life on the road at all interesting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, farangme said:

None of you have any idea the shitty weather up here. Absolute frozen today, strong winds and under freezing point. Hey, no problem. People walking around in shorts and t-shirts. It's Scotland, nobody feels the cold.  

I know it well and certainly don't miss it.

2 hours ago, Murchie said:

For me Thailand is home so yes looking forward to some cooler weather. 

The temperature of the pool has certainly dropped but its bearable. 

Just booked for Dec 31st until Feb 11th. 

May it snow for the whole month of January 🙂

Love it from November through to early March. Love the cold crispy mornings, snow and ice. It’s pissing down here at the moment and the central heating is on and tonight will be the first time this year we will fire up the log burner. 

It’s only weather ffs. Put another layer on. 🤗

On 11/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, KhunDon said:

Love it from November through to early March. Love the cold crispy mornings, snow and ice. It’s pissing down here at the moment and the central heating is on and tonight will be the first time this year we will fire up the log burner. 

It’s only weather ffs. Put another layer on. 🤗

Nahh lol. Theres nothing romantic about cold weather no sitting out in the sun, no firing up the BBQ, no swimming, no beach and miserable faces galore

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Nahh lol. Theres nothing romantic about cold weather no sitting out in the sun, no firing up the BBQ, no swimming, no beach and miserable faces galore

Summers in the UK are amazing. The winters are miserable and so depressing. I worked outdoors on the railway and could only survive 2 winters in the UK. I'd love to split my time working both summers in Australia and the UK.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1