Our trip to Koh Chang

Lanzalad

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Would you need wheels if staying there for a few days?

I don't mean a bike, as we have the child.

No not really mate .. we needed to do a border runs which is a lot of milage and last time I rented a bike in Koh Chang got sting, so it was easy for us to take our own bikes.

Now if your going by minibus to Trat pier for the crossing then you just go as foot passengers and there's baht buses which will take you to your report.

3 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

No not really mate .. we needed to do a border runs which is a lot of milage and last time I rented a bike in Koh Chang got sting, so it was easy for us to take our own bikes.

Now if your going by minibus to Trat pier for the crossing then you just go as foot passengers and there's baht buses which will take you to your report.

So you could get about, see plenty just by foot?

We're not really into sit by the beach or pool kinda holidays, we like to see or do stuff.

Just now, Krapow said:

So you could get about, see plenty just by foot?

We're not really into sit by the beach or pool kinda holidays, we like to see or do stuff.

You would need some kind of transport .. i know you can book trips to see places or book a driver for the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the TR Lanzalad. Brought back some great memories for me as it was were I spent my honeymoon.  3 years after that my wife decided to fook off  with a fat Cnut from Leicestershire and ive forgotten what she even looked like . 

However, I will never forget Koh Chang . A really great Island to chill out on . 

Cheers ! 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Did Ko Chang for a week this past March, wifey took me for my b-day. Nice place and kudos to Lanzaland for these great pictures. Hotter then hell in March, but got to deal with it.

Here is a word for the wise, do not let your Thai GF, Wife, fuck buddy or who ever or what ever you refer your significant other as......" You got my camera packed in the bag right"?  This while downstairs yelling upstairs to her. " No ploblem" she replies.

Get to the point where we drive the car on the ferry over there and want to take a few snaps......I open the bag and ask her where the camera is?  You can pretty much guess the rest of the story. Arghhhhhhh!  

One evening, down by this restaurant, this guy must have been 80 years old right?  His Thai Gal was carefully guiding his " Oxygen Tank" over to their table. Bless his heart, living the dream LOL!  

I asked the wife if she will do this for me a few years down the road too? " Sure, I just hope I do not forget to keep your oxygen on all night so you do not look like a frozen popsicle stick the next morning"  Geez....nice huh? 

Great pics here and Ko Chang is a great place to chill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Never been, bucket list I think..

Its a great place to chill out Dave.

The place we stayed at last time was great, a 5 minute walk and into White sands, the main town.

Lovely bungalows and swimming pool and beach on your door step.

4 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

I had actually been told that it was TOO quiet.  Who knows what to believe?! 

Great pics, thanks.

Ray c'mon things are never too quiet when you have a bungalow on the beach a 7/11 over the road and good WiFi ..