Christmas Presents

Jambo

I'm not sure if there is a thread regarding men's after shave /cologne on here.... I think there is but can't find it for now. 

But yesterday I've decided to push the boat out and treat myself for Christmas. Went into Harvey Nichols in Manchester and for the first time in my life I saw the brand "Creed". Hand made by all accounts. Asked for the most popular scent to be applied to a tester and 30 hours later still smells fantastic. 

Hope it lasts me for years as the cost of it is stupid really... One time in life I suppose. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Asked for the most popular scent to be applied to a tester and 30 hours later still smells fantastic. 

Yeah, but the tester doesn't drink gallons of beer and doesn't sweat....

So it may last a bit less long on an living being on a weekend bend !

44 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I'm not sure if there is a thread regarding men's after shave /cologne on here.... I think there is but can't find it for now. 

But yesterday I've decided to push the boat out and treat myself for Christmas. Went into Harvey Nichols in Manchester and for the first time in my life I saw the brand "Creed". Hand made by all accounts. Asked for the most popular scent to be applied to a tester and 30 hours later still smells fantastic. 

Hope it lasts me for years as the cost of it is stupid really... One time in life I suppose. 

creed.png

19 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just returned from the Philippines and they have all the decorations up in the Malls etc and the Xmas donation boxes in the bars.

They would, wouldn't they being of the Christian persuasion?

The girls are bad - you have to remember to bring your own condoms.

Or is that them being good? 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I still got the dregs of the one bottle of aftershave I brought with me to Thailand back in 2006

IMG20191121142952.jpg

That was a Christmas present and I never did like using aftershave.

I dip cotton buds into it now and use them to clean the printer cartridges.🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

I still got the dregs of the one bottle of aftershave I brought with me to Thailand back in 2006

IMG20191121142952.jpg

That was a Christmas present and I never did like using aftershave.

I dip cotton buds into it now and use them to clean the printer cartridges.🤣

“Printer cartridges” is that what you call your balls now. 🤣

• Haha 1

I'm the quintessential Scrooge, ask nothing, want nothing, give nothing.  I avoid the crowds, have no use for the decorations, not bothered about the parties, dislike the music.  I'll likely spend it alone again this year (Lady R. not here yet), just relaxing in a bathrobe and bunny slippers, popping out to a bar if one is open.

Lady Rompho will get some dosh for "Happy New Year" but that's about it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

the last few years that I've been doing a roast lunch for a few other blokes that live in the retirement village,meat vegies and pud plus a heap of beers and a drop or three of Bundie.

then clean up and have a wee nanny nap.

once had many,many bundies think it was 3 days before I finally finished cleaning up.

this year thinking I will go out for a feed at a club or pub.can't be arsed if the truth be known,i took the blokes out for a day after a win on the cup.

regards

grayray

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

The TW surprised me greatly today. Popped into Harvey Nicholas in Manchester and bought me what I was going to pay for myself. Jobs a good un!. 

And no! It wasn't the vaseline or beer lol! 

IMG_20191124_224720.jpg

The coasters are quite nice.

• Haha 1

Quite near to me in Bangsaray is a very large and relatively new Big C with the usual other retail outlets in the same complex.

I was shopping in it yesterday and as far as I can see there is not one single Christmas type promotion or the appalling Xmas songs over the sound system.

I do so hope it lasts.😀

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later...