Jump to content

Glasseye
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/18/2019 at 10:34 PM, Krapow said:

I try not to snack .........too much!

The missus buys these, which I also like, spicy!

IMAG0955.jpg

Not one for snacks tbh but balti or bombay mix can be described as "moreish". Once you start eating these with a beer or 2.....can be difficult to stop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Strong homemade garlic bread, cheese with sweet apple, strawberries with lots of freshly ground black pepper, proper pork scratchings and cold roasties, but not all at once you understand. 🤪

Did you ever try balsamic vinegar on your strawberries? It makes a nice change, though probably not one for the kids.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Did you ever try balsamic vinegar on your strawberries? It makes a nice change, though probably not one for the kids.

Yes Toy Boy, I have, but you need vinegar that is 15 + years old to get the best taste in combination with the strawberries and that ain’t cheap, nor easy to source.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Snack size Christmas Pud from Siambury's. 🤣

IMG20191123165111.jpg

Five minutes in the microwave then drown in cream!

 

May I suggest once it comes out of the microwave you pour about 1 desert spoon full of Grande Marniere over and give it a further 25 seconds in the microwave.  Leave 1 minute and then eat. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, john luke said:

May I suggest once it comes out of the microwave you pour about 1 desert spoon full of Grande Marniere over and give it a further 25 seconds in the microwave.  Leave 1 minute and then eat. 

An excellent suggestion but unfortunately I had already "snacked" the pud. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Yes Toy Boy, I have, but you need vinegar that is 15 + years old to get the best taste in combination with the strawberries and that ain’t cheap, nor easy to source.  

Spot on, the better the vinegar the more it works.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, john luke said:

B3F4A628-F096-420C-B8AD-D4AB9A0C13A0.jpeg
 

I brought these over for the Christmas and New Year.

I love the dark chocolate cherry liqueurs, and M&S make the best, but at around five quid a box they're not cheap.

Then I discovered a cheap version in Aldi, just a quid a box and almost as good. I bring those back with me nowadays.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I love the dark chocolate cherry liqueurs, and M&S make the best, but at around five quid a box they're not cheap.

Then I discovered a cheap version in Aldi, just a quid a box and almost as good. I bring those back with me nowadays.

 

822716B3-C20B-4089-AE76-6DFD7BA20DD9.jpeg

After M and S I went into  B and M Bargains.  These were about half the price of the M and S product.  Accepted not exactly the same product.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...