Just won several million

tingtong2k

9 hours ago, KhunDon said:

A lad in the UK a few years ago won around £20 million. He was a waste of space, obnoxious, drug taking piss head.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. 💩

Did you know the lad?

I'd believe half to none of the shite I'd read in the filthy rag newspapers , though I know he did blow his money (sorted family and friends out )

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/lottery-lout-mickey-caroll-who-20891479   If that interview is true who knows....

We've all done crazy things as teens and twenty somethings I know I have I was wild and so were my peers it doesn't mean we were bad people.. Just lads growing up.

I know the shit rags destroyed a kid round our way for a long while who won 10.9 on the lottery and he was nothing like the papers painted him , my mates then wife used to work with him in fact he is worth more now 20 odd year on.

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, roomark said:

Did you know the lad?

I'd believe half to none of the shite I'd read in the filthy rag newspapers , though I know he did blow his money (sorted family and friends out )

We've all done crazy things as teens and twenty somethings I know I have I was wild and so were my peers it doesn't mean we were bad people.. Just lads growing up.

I know the shit rags destroyed a kid round our way for a long while who won 10.9 on the lottery and he was nothing like the papers painted him , my mates then wife used to work with him in fact he is worth more now 20 odd year on.

No roomark, I didn’t personally know the chap, but he had a long record of upsetting his neighbors, a list of offences for drugs and other offences. A couple of weeks ago he did an interview (I suppose for money) and admited to being a right asshole, when he had money. Now it’s all gone, he’s working delivering coal, as a means to earn money. 
He did give money to family and friends when he won, but after that it all went downhill. 

”Doing crazy things as teens” is OK, but when you continue to act like an asshole and don’t learn from your mistakes and make people’s lives a misery, that’s when I don’t agree with your point of view. 👌

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, KhunDon said:

”Doing crazy things as teens” is OK, but when you continue to act like an asshole and don’t learn from your mistakes and make people’s lives a misery, that’s when I don’t agree with your point of view. 👌

But if the new interview is to believed he has learnt from it and is a lot older now who wouldn't do crazy things at his original age (in fact going to Thailand and pissing it up or whatever could be considered crazy by a lot of people back home)

At least he is getting on with it isn't on benefits (and let's face it a lot of people make a career out of that) and seems to have grown up.

Like he said he doesn't regret it he had the time of his young life for a £ .

My point of view as you put it is it was in his young past and he is still getting crucified for it , which isn't on especially when half of it was only what people read in scum rags like the Sun etc etc.

Edited by roomark
  • Like 3

On 11/21/2019 at 12:22 AM, Thai Spice said:

Depends if its a million Thb or a million Euro ......

But in both cases my choice would sure not be Soi 6 !

Some really great replies and Thai Spirce - I would agree I would not be on Soi 6 for sure.

So if you stuck in Thailand for a week before you could get home and having won millions what would you do? 

I’m thinking I’d find the hottest women around and from a couple of places/bars I know, get a villa near a great beach and keep rotating until there’s no more rotating to do 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Back in the early 90s I was in a work syndicate that won first division in lotto. It was worth $440,000 and we got $40,000 each.

I gave my mum and brother $10,000 each. I'm not sure what I wasted the rest on but mum reckons I had a lot of freeloaders expecting free drinks everytime I went out. I drank heavily at that time so not really sure if that was the case but didn't really have much to show for the $20,000 I kept for myself.