Cricket

coxyhog

What a performance from Malan & Buttler,world record 2nd wicket in T20I and a whitewash....when you have the likes of Bairstow,Stokes & Morgan to come you can just go for it & they did!

167 off 90....world record 

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

What I don't get is that they were tested + on Friday so why wait until 30 minutes before the start time to call it off?

Usual shambles when cricket authorities do anything. 

England fly home Thursday so can't see them playing 3 games in a row. 

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Just read that 2 England squad members have now tested +.

Not looking good for SA cricket,they've got a few more teams supposed to play there soon.

And that was in a supposedly safe, secure bubble?

I guess said bubble had a leak. Will probably deter other teams from wanting to visit

Edited by Painter
  • Like 3

The last time a big-name baggy green was auctioned off it fetched more than $1m and, when bidding opens this week for Sir Don Bradman’s first Australian cricket cap, there are hopes even that record can be broken.

Auctioneers are confident the amount paid for the dog-eared hat that debuted in the 1928-29 series against England will rival the proceeds from the sale of Shane Warne’s cap, which raised $1,007,500 for the Australian Red Cross bushfire appeal in January this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/dec/09/don-bradmans-first-baggy-green-expected-to-fetch-seven-figure-sum-at-auction?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1607448550

• 2 weeks later...

This is an excerpt from John Edrich's obituary....thank f**k we have neutral umpires these days.

In the 1970-71 series, Edrich’s 648 runs helped Ray Illingworth’s team win 2-0, despite the Australian umpires’ refusal to grant England a single lbw decision in six Tests.