Cricket

coxyhog

Not a fan of Graham Swann as a person but have to agree with his assessment today.England shouldn't complain at the pitch, you pretty much know what you are going to get and have to deal with it.

Agreed today's was extreme, but England's selection- playing one spinner in India? Eh?? Not that would have changed the result, but Leach instead of Broad/Archer, more runs most likely, more wickets certainly.

And Bairstow's 2 ball innings- wild swing misses by a mile not out , misses a straight ball by again by a mile clean bowled. 

Bugger😠

7 minutes ago, Painter said:

England 205 all out.

I'm guessing it'll all be over by tea on day 3.

Bang goes my weekend's entertainment....

205, touch optimistic

Edit- they were 8 down when I started typing the above short sentence, 9 down as I reached for the full stop!!!

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Haha 1

Come home now!!!, you are a fucking embarrassment!!!. 

The top 6 scored half the amount of India's fucking wicketkeeper. 

Pack in red ball cricket as its obvious most of them ain't interested in it. Let them f**k off to the IPL. 

On 3/4/2021 at 10:21 AM, Painter said:

England 205 all out.

I'm guessing it'll all be over by tea on day 3.

Bang goes my weekend's entertainment....

Ok.... so we did slightly better than I predicted...

Squad all changes (again) for 8 20 20 matches. 

I wonder if channel 4 will broadcast them, after their value for money test series??

31 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Decider today in the T20I series with India.

I think they have to find room for Joe Root in this team for the WC,it's in India & not only is he our best player of spin he can bowl a bit of it as well.

Totally agree- having someone who can bowl 1-2 overs as a back up is a huge plus.

I'd open with him as he's still just about the best player of spin England have. Feel India will be happy bowling to Roy in India.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Totally agree- having someone who can bowl 1-2 overs as a back up is a huge plus.

I'd open with him as he's still just about the best player of spin England have. Feel India will be happy bowling to Roy in India.

Roy has hit 3 scores of 40+ in 4 games so far in this series in India so I don't think I'd replace him.I was thinking have Root in at 4 if we lose a couple of early wickets to calm things down a bit & later if we get off to a flier.

A flier is what India are off to today 110-1 off 10....

• Sad 1