Cricket

coxyhog

13 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

England as usual look like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I know the Kiwis are a class side but they were 45-7 & 132ao so for them to have a 200+ lead in their 2nd innings at the end of day 2 is a massive failure from England.

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

And batting last at Lord's is pretty much game over. 

All over before end of day 4,got England collapse written all over it. 

I fear you might both be right, although I'd love Crawley, Lees and Pope to prove us wrong...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Painter said:

I fear you might both be right, although I'd love Crawley, Lees and Pope to prove us wrong...

Yep,as would I....but I ain't putting any money on it.

Surely Root,Stokes & Bairstow are our best bets though....

• Thumbs Up 1

Went to watch Nottingham play Derby in the T20 last night with a few mates from Derby. Hales went into absolute beast mode and scored 91 in no time to make mincemeat of the chase, was a sight to behold. Nearly got twatted by the ball on one 6 as well 🤣

Edited by Sangsom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Happy for Parkinson.

277 to win. Can't see we'll run out of time, just maybe we'll run out of batsmen...

Broad, Anderson and Potts all did well.

Add in our Injured bowler's like Archer, Robinson,Wood etc.

Plus Toby Roland-jones on top form for Middlesex,we really are spoilt for choice with our fast bowlers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

What did I say about white ball shots?

Stokes was going really well but when you have over 2 days to score 277 a ramp shot was just stupid.

My thoughts as well.... when he hit the spinner for 2 shots in an over I thought white ball....

61 runs, 5 wickets....standard collapse coming up, or victory before lunch?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Painter said:

My thoughts as well.... when he hit the spinner for 2 shots in an over I thought white ball....

61 runs, 5 wickets....standard collapse coming up, or victory before lunch?

Should be interesting,if Root can stay there.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/61687178.amp

Robinson out for the summer. 

Interesting conversation, between the sky commentators I think, about modern bowlers being gym fit, not bowling fit... ie, they didnt spend enough time bowling for prolonged spells, and so when they did they broke down with greater frequency, injuring body parts that all their gym work hadn't strengthened.

Let's hope Potts remains injury free.

• Surprised 1

12 hours ago, Painter said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/61687178.amp

Robinson out for the summer. 

Interesting conversation, between the sky commentators I think, about modern bowlers being gym fit, not bowling fit... ie, they didnt spend enough time bowling for prolonged spells, and so when they did they broke down with greater frequency, injuring body parts that all their gym work hadn't strengthened.

Let's hope Potts remains injury free.

Back problems are an issue for fast bowlers,why Tymal Mill's only play's T20 cricket, body can't take the punishment.

Shame to hear as Ollie looks quality.

Toby at Middlesex lost a lot of time with back problems but is back bowling as well as ever.

14 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I think every captain learns the hard way about putting the opposition into bat....

Having to bat last usually ends in losing.

Need to break this partnership. If they hit 500 can see them declaring and have 3 days to bowl us out twice, and with our fragile batting a distinct possibility.

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Having to bat last usually ends in losing.

Need to break this partnership. If they hit 500 can see them declaring and have 3 days to bowl us out twice, and with our fragile batting a distinct possibility.

Let's be positive here....

NZ will be all out by early afternoon, our openers will be not out by end of the day.

Not sure if they are helicopters or pigs flying in over the IoW....

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Painter said:

Let's be positive here....

NZ will be all out by early afternoon, our openers will be not out by end of the day.

Not sure if they are helicopters or pigs flying in over the IoW....

chancesofmedoingovertime copy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2