A Sad Story: Pattaya Meals

Evil Penevil

Pattaya  Meals was a food preparation and meal delivery service.  You called in or messaged your order and it was delivered quickly free of charge in central Pattaya.  It opened early in 2016 and I ordered from them dozens of times since then.  However, I noticed this post on Pattaya Meal's Facebook page when I tried to order recently:

"Pattaya Meals
November 10 at 1:49 PM · 
Due to gross misconduct, theft, scams and a variety of other scumbag actions Pattaya Meals is done. It's a real shame that the hard work of the original owners (who gave the business to this individual on a payment plan) has gone to waste and they've been left owed a large sum of money by the individual in question. It's also abhorrent the manner in which this individual treated the landlords building - inflicting large amounts of damage to both hard fixtures and soft furnishings.

This Facebook page will be closed down as the business has been also.

It is a testament to the kindness and support of the Pattaya community to business owners that it managed to last as long as it did."

sadaa.jpg.98cfec998aa66cd16ee445f4fb511bfa.jpg Sad, sad news and an ignominious end for what was originally a small, family-owned Thai business that provided excellent meals and service at low prices.  I did notice a farang had joined the PM team in 2019 and big changes were made, not always for the better.  Both service and the quality of the food started to slip.  I ordered from PM less and less frequently and stopped entirely in September, but decided to give it another try when I saw the above FB post.

Does anyone know what the story was?  I've heard (in a face-to-face conversation, not on the Internet) a version that at least sounds plausible.  If it's true, then a hard-working Thai family really got messed over by several farang acting in concert.  Here I'm going to be pro-active and remind everyone not to name individuals in public posts because of Thailand's strict laws on defamation.

But I would appreciate it very much if anyone who knows the details could send me a private message.  Thanks in advance.

Evil

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tommy dee said:

having seen the violent damage dione to the property by a certain non thai, to the xetend of wall  punched in, everything damaged and dumped, I can only feel very sorry for the actual owners who, I understand were left unpaid too

That takes things beyond mere scamming and into the range of personal rage.  It also confirms part of what I heard.  sadb.jpg Let's just hope karma catches up with the bast*rd soon.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

I believe they gave a pretty accurate version of events with that FB post. 

Some farang who's name I don't recall, but was posted incl. his picture on the BCP, took over the business, collected the income but didnt pay suppliers nor the original owners. 

• Thanks 1

Food's not easy in Thailand. Do it yourself, never take partners. 

Many of these folk are criminals that slipped away to start a new life. Mixed bag there of genuinely nice people to down right sewer rats. And many sewer rats in Pattaya. 

• Like 3

On 11/25/2019 at 3:00 PM, Esco said:

I believe they gave a pretty accurate version of events with that FB post. 

Some farang who's name I don't recall, but was posted incl. his picture on the BCP, took over the business, collected the income but didnt pay suppliers nor the original owners. 

I'm not a member of the Breakfast Club Pattaya, so I can't check the posts there.  I read on another board that the posts that identified the "perp" have been removed.  That would be understandable if true.

Evil

12 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I'm not a member of the Breakfast Club Pattaya, so I can't check the posts there.  I read on another board that the posts that identified the "perp" have been removed.  That would be understandable if true.

Evil

I was a member there for around three days.

What a bunch of fucking losers on that Facebook page.

Bunch of fucking never beens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 11:51 AM, Skalliwag said:

I was a member there for around three days.

What a bunch of fucking losers on that Facebook page.

Bunch of fucking never beens.

Yea some interesting guys there I agree but lots of good Information to be had from that group. There are some good guys there take me for example :default_party-smiley-048:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Yea some interesting guys there I agree but lots of good Information to be had from that group. There are some good guys there take me for example :default_party-smiley-048:

I’m out.Twenty if you’s couldn’t negate the rest of those cunts.lol.🤣🤣🤣