I for one won't be shedding tears.

fygjam

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Drugs are the scourge of our society & the sooner there is a global death penalty for class A drugs the better society will be for it.

Eugenics anyone...??

People have used mind altering materials for melennia

Your solution would work...but invokes total control by State

Im quite sure that is a rabbit hole down which we should not descend

Better the carnage we have(which can still be ameliorated) rather than a greater one imo 

as always...just my opinion 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Drugs are the scourge of our society & the sooner there is a global death penalty for class A drugs the better society will be for it.

That's all fine, until they decide to give YOU the guillotine for your pint down at the pub.

Much better to mind your own business than make what other people are doing your business, lest other people do the same right back at you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

There never, ever will be but, for a range of reasons.

So, you have to live in the real world with real world solutions.

It's a very. very complex issue.

If it was that easy, it was have happened years ago. 

1 hour ago, alias said:

That's all fine, until they decide to give YOU the guillotine for your pint down at the pub.

Much better to mind your own business than make what other people are doing your business, lest other people do the same right back at you.

People including some with no connection to drugs are being murdered every day in London and from what I've read it's mainly down to drugs.Someone needs to make it their business.

I know it'll never happen and btw it was but an opinion,hardly making what others are doing my business.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 3

49 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

People including some with no connection to drugs are being murdered every day in London and from what I've read it's mainly down to drugs.Someone needs to make it their business.

I know it'll never happen and btw it was but an opinion,hardly making what others are doing my business.

Alternative view: they're fighting over money, not drugs.  The money gained by selling illegal drugs, the price of which having been inflated by prohibition.

You can fantasize about eliminating the drugs from this equation, but that won't happen, as the current situation shows.  To address the issue you've raised, we need to eliminate the money

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Alcohol is (or at least should be) a class A drug as well. Better to legalize and tax it. That will mostly get rid of organized crime and is a lot cheaper in both money and lives.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

Alcohol is (or at least should be) a class A drug as well. Better to legalize and tax it. That will mostly get rid of organized crime and is a lot cheaper in both money and lives.

You should have included smoking tobacco as well if you really wanted to stir up the natives. :default_061:

After all, we can chose not to indulge in class A drugs but smokers still impose their filthy habit  on the rest of us in many venues. :default_268213:

Legalize and tax it and let those who want to indulge do so.

Next.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/30/2019 at 3:52 PM, Krapow said:

There never, ever will be but, for a range of reasons.

So, you have to live in the real world with real world solutions.

It's a very. very complex issue.

If it was that easy, it was have happened years ago. 

No its not lol. The problem is the end users of Class A are treated in the UK with a minor slap on the wrist and nothing more. Despite there being a maximum sentence of 14 years.

Now change the outlook. 6 month lead in time. At that point anyone caught in possession of a single gram or tablet carries a 5 year mandatory sentence. No sick grannies buffalo bad upbringings a straight 5 years do it again and a 10 sentence.... Sentences splashed across every news outlet then watch the fear come into society for using this filth

No end users and you have no pushers. I'm so anti drugs I'd drag all 5 of my kids down the cop shop if I thought any were involved

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

No its not lol. The problem is the end users of Class A are treated in the UK with a minor slap on the wrist and nothing more. Despite there being a maximum sentence of 14 years.

Now change the outlook. 6 month lead in time. At that point anyone caught in possession of a single gram or tablet carries a 5 year mandatory sentence. No sick grannies buffalo bad upbringings a straight 5 years do it again and a 10 sentence.... Sentences splashed across every news outlet then watch the fear come into society for using this filth

No end users and you have no pushers. I'm so anti drugs I'd drag all 5 of my kids down the cop shop if I thought any were involved

Yes it is, no disrespect but your naivety and ignorance about the problem just shows through here.

Firstly you obviously have no understanding of actual addiction if you thought for 1 minute that would work.

Nevermind the fact that the jails are completely full, it's not practically and most definitely not financially possible to do that. Do you have any idea of how much it costs to keep someone locked up for 1 night in jail? Why are Police Commanders and Prison officials not advocating something like this, indeed they are advocating something completely different?

Do you not think if your 'idea' would work in the UK it would have been tried before?  Does it work in certain states in America where they do similar? No it doesn't!

People need to live in the real world, if there was a simple realistic answer, it would be happening right now. You can't lock them all up it's not financially possible, never mind anything else, and you can't shoot them. 

It's a very complex problem with no easy answers, if there was the problem would already be solved. You can live in a fantasy world if you want or alternatively you can live in the real world. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

Yeah, Thailand has extremely strict laws and punishments for drugs, and as a result there is no drug abuse and it's associated problems in Thailand, amirite?

Edited by alias
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

@RR007 @Krapow

Well, Philippines government has taken a very agressive stand against any drug pushers and users, I.dont think it will help. 

Same was tried in Thailand, remember Taksin's shoot the dopies campaign, has very strict laws on the subject, to no avail.

Same here in Indo ... And its not only locals, many white people parties here are known to involve drugs.

It is also not uniquely a poor education or social level problem, look at all the rich and famous using it, the movie industry, and the high school and UNI parties.

US had and still has a serious drug problem in its Armed forces, same as UK alhough at a lesser level (RN nuclear subs were on the front page not long time ago).

I profoundly hate it, and it was one of my major fears with my kids. ATM none of them even smokes a cigarette,.and 2 out of 3 are teatotallers, so I feel a bit safer. 

Personally I think ANY drug dealer, even small ones should be locked up for long time, and major ones hanged.  But we all know even that would not solve the problem (remember the prohibition in the US). 

Too much easy money involved ! 

Nuking the producing countries is also not a solution, so really I dont know ....

Edit : Oh yes, and dont forget what "commerce" was at the origin of the creation of HKG.... opium, which the white people imported to China, till the Chinese government kicked it out and the business was relocated in HK

Don't forget also the traffic by US military from SEA to the US during the VN war. And the CIA using it as an easy alternative to official funding (Laos and Nicaragua) ...

Edit 2 : I could also have add that in the days of French Indochina, opium was the biggest culture after rubber in Vietnam. And not only locals indulged in it. 

So its really a bloody complicated mess !

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, alias said:

Yeah, Thailand has extremely strict laws and punishments for drugs, and as a result there is no drug abuse and it's associated problems in Thailand, amirite?

Everybody knows there is no prostitution in Thailand as that is forbidden.

• Haha 2