Its freezing cold here in Korat !!!

Pumpuynarak

This morning it was 19C outside at 7am and its 23.7C in me mancave at 12 noon, for the first time since i can remember i got a T shirt and jacket on, wifey's wearing jeans and a jumper to clean the house lol

Last night she had a couple of friends round for a feeding frenzy and look how they are all dressed lol

How is it for you other boardies currently in Thailand ?

P1000880.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thatโ€™s funny. The coldest Iโ€™ve seen was maybe 13C in December a decade ago in Chiang Mai. The fat Canuck I am, Iโ€™d still take a midnight walk to 7-11 in my shorts and wife beater, while all the hostesses were doing the โ€œHello, welcomeโ€ in pants and jackets, thinking falang must be crazy

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yup, temperatures have plummeted here in pattaya....

Ironically I turned the aircon off a couple of nights ago,ย  and couldn't sleep. Turned it back on but on fan mode and slept like a log.

Spose I need the background noise...!!

Edited by Painter
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

I drove back from Mae Sot today.

At 6.15 am when I set off it was 16c but by some 15 minutes into the journey in the hills above Mae Sot on the road to Tak it was 11c and for the next three hours it never got above 13c and that was back down at sea level.

Then it quickly went to 18c and eventually to 28c.

It has been 28c daytime all week in a cloudless sky. Absolutely perfect weather.

• Like 1

The coldest I experienced in Thailand was upon landing on December 28, 1999. I was wearing a short sleeved shirt while getting off the plane. I pulled my sweater and coat from my carry on and put them on. Later learned there was night frost in Bangkok over Christmas. When I came to Pattaya, the temperature had already risen to a nice, balmy 18 degrees (Celsius) and all Thai were bundled up in thick coats I would consider overkill at -5, looked funny.

• Like 1

Loei has the dubious reputation for being the coldest provinceย in Thailand, It may be true. This morning it was 7 C here. I'm freezing my ass off. For the first time in about ten years I'm looking for a house or at least a room heater. Where the hell is this global warming?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't take the piss out of my dogs.

They sleep outside and they are getting old now and it was cold last night. :default_biggrin:

ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Dog Coats.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

Yep, chilly early on up here in the jungle about 20 Kms north east of Udon this morning. Nice and sunny at the moment but a bit of a breeze so all the locals still have their hats and coats on.

"Now baw?"

"Now mak"

I love the weather at this time of year - just great for wandering around the farm, doing a couple of jobs or getting some exercise.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Don't take the piss out of my dogs.

They sleep outside and they are getting old now and it was cold last night. :default_biggrin:

ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Dog Coats.jpg

Pussies!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Smiler said:

Yep, chilly early on up here in the jungle about 20 Kms north east of Udon this morning. Nice and sunny at the moment but a bit of a breeze so all the locals still have their hats and coats on.

"Now baw?"

"Now mak"

I love the weather at this time of year - just great for wandering around the farm, doing a couple of jobs or getting some exercise.

That must be very near my wife's village. Highway 2021 maybe?

25 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

That must be very near my wife's village. Highway 2021 maybe?

That is left of the main highway 2 when traveling from Udon to Nong Khai (I think). We are on the right.

The Ampur district is Phen, which is a pain as when we lived in Udon I found Ampur Muang Udon (Udon Central) so, so much easier to deal with. Really is a hideous ordeal trying to deal with anyone or anything in officialdom at Phen.

The days here in Pattaya are lovely, sunny and around 28ยฐ or 29ยฐ C. The nights, though, are either too cool or else not cold enough. It's too cool for the air con to run efficiently, but it's not cold enough that I'm happy with just a fan blowing on me.

And all those people back home who think we're just swinging in hammocks all day drinking ice cold beer, they don't realise the hardships we have to endure!

• Haha 6