Its freezing cold here in Korat !!!

Pumpuynarak

Back in January 2015 it hit 2 degrees C in Buriram.  I had to dig a leather jacket out of storage.  Since then there haven't be that many cold days in the "cold season."  Which was mostly in the late Jan/early Feb period.

This year in December in Rayong we're already having 23 degree C mornings.  Not enough to force me out of my shorts for trousers, but getting close.

I'm loving it, but my wife and US born children are in coats and hoods.

Edited by tko
Add:
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Smiler said:

That is left of the main highway 2 when traveling from Udon to Nong Khai (I think). We are on the right.

The Ampur district is Phen, which is a pain as when we lived in Udon I found Ampur Muang Udon (Udon Central) so, so much easier to deal with. Really is a hideous ordeal trying to deal with anyone or anything in officialdom at Phen.

The wife's village is on highway 2021 just up from the railway line.

It's part of the reason why we go in January, so not as hot for the child, though her being half Thai, wouldn't be too bad anyway.

Read an 'article' earlier saying it will be 15 degrees in Bangkok in a couple of weeks.

Be lucky if it gets down to 25 in my experience.

I laugh when my missus comes off the phone to her mum or whomever saying 'very cold in Thailand' 🙄 But I suppose it's all relative. 

Remember getting shocked couple of years ago going up Korat way for Christmas both Pattaya and top North were cold.

One of the reasons I used to love Thailand at Christmas was the weather but now ............ ??

Just saw on the internet Victoria Falls in S Africa is a trickle maybe the ghastly Greta is right ?????? 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Weather is perfect here in Patts today. Frigging beautiful.

Good to hear mate, i've just checked on Southampton my home city in the UK and its 8C so perhaps my 22C here in Korat ain't too bad after all but nevertheless i'm feeling bloody cold brrrrrrrrrrr.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:07 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Good to hear mate, i've just checked on Southampton my home city in the UK and its 8C so perhaps my 22C here in Korat ain't too bad after all but nevertheless i'm feeling bloody cold brrrrrrrrrrr.

Yep.... I'm not looking forward to returning home end of December - wearing only a sweat shirt. f**k

• Haha 1