Hotel fire, 5th December, soi buckhou

Painter

Gf's room mate sent her message this morning.... Holiday Inn Express on soi buckhou caught fire last night. It's not been open long. Friend was woken by the hotel fire alarms at about 4am... but fortunately did not message us until 8am

There are pics of the blaze on PA. 

A wander around the back of the hotel, away from the obviously damaged rooms,  showed that maids were in the undamaged rooms changing bedding,, so presumably some of the hotel is still operating "as normal".

There were taken about 9.45am, and have been posted elsewhere on the forum. 

20191206_101206.jpg

20191206_101153.jpg

20191206_101253.jpg

20191206_101238.jpg

20191206_101220.jpg

20191206_101313.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 3

That explains all the sirens I heard in the wee hours of the morning. And this is about 1.5km from the Holiday Inn.

Also looks like the cladding on the side of the building is what went up in flames. If true, when will builders and building inspectors learn the dangers of non-fire resistant building materials.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

That explains all the sirens I heard in the wee hours of the morning. And this is about 1.5km from the Holiday Inn.

Also looks like the cladding on the side of the building is what went up in flames. If true, when will builders and building inspectors learn the dangers of non-fire resistant building materials.

Funny.... I'm just around the corner and heard nothing!

Agree about the cladding needing improvement 

Info. like this is always a good "wake up call" reminder. How devastating and deadly fires can be.

We tend to forget or get lax with thoughts regarding fire safety and prevention. But they are god awful. There is no smell worse than a fire scene.. Hiorrible

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Read elsewhere there were issues with the evacuation , as many guests were dragging their luggage with them .....

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yeah i saw that in the vid, bloody stupid thing to do imo.

Same happens often on evacuation of a plane.  Passengers taking their carry on with them on the slides.....

1557267957390.jpg

Screen-shot-2015-03-19-at-2.55.16-PM.png

Probably if a small backpack with all my valuables, I would do it also.