Fish farm ponds.........

Gary

My wife faithfully fed her fish. Thai thieves netted most of them out. Maybe it didn't matter because now the cold weather has killed the rest of them. I was going to cook the dead ones for dog food but the wife in going to make pala out of them. Pala is that horribly stinking sauce that the Thais love. Considering what she spent for fish food, that is going to be expensive sauce.

As a side note, I have a small house by the fish pond. It is off the electric grid so I built a solar power system. Last week the thieves broke in and stole the four deep cycle batteries and the inverter. Makes me want to move back to Jomtien. Thieving bastards.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Gary said:

My wife faithfully fed her fish. Thai thieves netted most of them out. Maybe it didn't matter because now the cold weather has killed the rest of them. I was going to cook the dead ones for dog food but the wife in going to make pala out of them. Pala is that horribly stinking sauce that the Thais love. Considering what she spent for fish food, that is going to be expensive sauce.

As a side note, I have a small house by the fish pond. It is off the electric grid so I built a solar power system. Last week the thieves broke in and stole the four deep cycle batteries and the inverter. Makes me want to move back to Jomtien. Thieving bastards.

Yea, and people say Pattaya is crime infested. 

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Mate, it is not like somebody died or was badly hurt...

Just some fish stolen and some batteries.  Hence I allowed myself to look at it with a bit of humor.

I don't see any humor in it at all. I'd like to see some of those thieves shot. So far no violent muggings here. Is it worth taking a life? You bet your ass. Got to get their attention.

3 minutes ago, Gary said:

I don't see any humor in it at all. I'd like to see some of those thieves shot. So far no violent muggings here. Is it worth taking a life? You bet your ass. Got to get their attention.

Well, well....

Shot for stealing fish ?  If you really think that, then you need to to question yourself.

Don't know where you from , but this may be a hint ?

Anyway, peace and love be with you.   I'll ask to the immam what he thinks about it !

Being the victim of any crime is not a joke, however from a practical point of view I have always worked on the assumption that if your property (house/carwhatever)  is and looks essentially the same as all the others in the imediate neighbourhood, your chance of being a victim of crime is reduced but certainly not eliminated.  

Several years back a thief got into my house. Fortunately all that went missing was a crappy, old laptop and a very nice backpack that was worth more than the laptop. The material loss was small, but what was worse was the sense of violation of my house. I can joke about the circumstances that allowed the thief to gain entry, but the theft itself was, and is no joking matter.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There are thieving, robbing pikey bastards everywhere ( even heard of a church in France getting done over recently, but nobody died so... )

I feel your pain though Gary. Happens a lot in rural areas, even if it's nailed down. We had some wood taken from a shack on one of the farms, Yai was really upset because her hubby not only built the place 50 odd years ago, he also chopped the tree down and prepared the wood. Wasn't a huge amount that went it was the principal.

As a postscript to the above, around 6-8 weeks after the event 2 people turned up at the house begging Yai to forgive them for the theft. Apparently their family had a horrible run of bad luck which they put down to their actions. Yai said no...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Mate, it is not like somebody died or was badly hurt...

Just some fish stolen and some batteries.  Hence I allowed myself to look at it with a bit of humor.

Coming from somebody who gives a good impression of having had a sense of humor bypass operation that is a bit rich.  :default_dirol:

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Smiler said:

I feel your pain though Gary. Happens a lot in rural areas, even if it's nailed down. We had some wood taken from a shack on one of the farms, Yai was really upset because her hubby not only built the place 50 odd years ago, he also chopped the tree down and prepared the wood. Wasn't a huge amount that went it was the principal.

My missus was telling me a few months ago that her dad's 'shed' was broken into, and a load of metal taken.

As you say, nothing is safe!