New Nordic

Skalliwag

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

As quite a high profile individual in Pattaya, I am sure Tommy has got a lot more common sense than to repond to your request.

Reporting known facts is one thing. Contributing to rumour and inuendo is something completely different and potentually somewhat dangerous.

I am going somewhat off topic and my next comment is by no means directed at your goodself but why do some forum members think they have a right to know the confidential dealings of a business they have absolutely no involvement?

I have not heard any rumors but I did venture my opinion here that I believed it to be a risky scheme when it first started. I like to think that it may cause potential investors to look at it carefully and determine if the scheme is even financially viable. If something looks too good to be true, it likely is not true.Why would they want private investors when bank interest is cheaper?

15 hours ago, tommy dee said:

as a a so called local media bloke, unless u can show me concrete evidence that this is any more than hearsay, than I would respecrtfulyl suggest u get back to the laundry matey.  no media reports on gossip, especially here.  IMHO  this thread has got the wrong end fof the stick anbd it is a completely different group that is having these problems..  but far be it for me to enlighten the overlit

en joy

" but far be it for me to enlighten the overlit "

Thats a knew one for me to hear love it .

JDM

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

As quite a high profile individual in Pattaya, I am sure Tommy has got a lot more common sense than to repond to your request.

Reporting known facts is one thing. Contributing to rumour and inuendo is something completely different and potentually somewhat dangerous.

I am going somewhat off topic and my next comment is by no means directed at your goodself but why do some forum members think they have a right to know the confidential dealings of a business they have absolutely no involvement?

Fair enough on the first point, I was being mischievous and not really respecting a response.

I'd agree also with your second point where the business is an "ordinary" bar, restaurant hotel e.t.c. Just how wound up people used to get over Secrets amazed me-dislike the bar, owner,  fair enough, just move on to one of the hundred others.

Here though the business is a public facing investment vehicle, in a market with no regulation, and a fair amount of deluded people to sell to. That would seem more than fair game for rumour and innuendo on a forum.

Guess I'll have to fork out on airfare and buy Larry a Lipo to get the full story😲

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/10/2019 at 1:15 AM, KhunDon said:

“Guaranteed investment rates” maybe.

The disclaimer would put me off straight away. 

5CC714DA-1396-458A-AEC0-1B72992C5B30.png

The interesting question, if somebody wants to dig a bit , is how that return of 9,5 % is calculated...

The usual "trick" is :

- calculated on a close to 100% occupancy rate during the 10 y.

Buyer need to check the actual average occupancy rate over the last 3 or 4 y of a similar type of flat, in a similar location. And predictions 10 y in advance ? 

- calculated on a completely unrealistic rental rate.

Make a quick Excell income simulation spreadsheet, play with the numbers and you'll see. I am sure plenty simulators available on the web.

Same game goes all over the world, even in the West.

The disclaimer is added exactly for that.

And in case of LOS, Pattaya (or Phuket) please add in the "local legislation" and "law enforcement" .....

Happy investing !

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Fair enough on the first point, I was being mischievous and not really respecting a response.

I'd agree also with your second point where the business is an "ordinary" bar, restaurant hotel e.t.c. Just how wound up people used to get over Secrets amazed me-dislike the bar, owner,  fair enough, just move on to one of the hundred others.

Here though the business is a public facing investment vehicle, in a market with no regulation, and a fair amount of deluded people to sell to. That would seem more than fair game for rumour and innuendo on a forum.

Guess I'll have to fork out on airfare and buy Larry a Lipo to get the full story😲

Totally agree with you.

You expressed my own thoughts exactly just far clearer than I did. :default_friends:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Maybe to warn / inform some newbies who are not yet really aware of all the pitfalls about "investing" in a 3rd world country ?

but to do that properly you would have to be "in the know"  which we arent.  NN has built and sold most of its properties successfully.  i have yet to hear a report of a single invester not getting their dosh, tho my ears may not be what they used to be.

so advising your freinds, first get the facts or we all just become bar room lawyers.

if i printed every rumour we are fed, i would be bankrupt and inside.  instead we have a team that checks facts before adding to the news.  

guess you need to know more about whats really happening here and not guessing from a neighbouring country.  and there is a lot going on here, a real lot.  a lot that concerns expats and thais.  and much of it affects 2020.  but you wont get it from a "mate".  I suggest the newpapers as a start :)

Don’t assume because people aren’t in country they don’t have a direct conduit to what’s happen.You never know who has money invested where,for how long and how much.

That internets thing is amazing.Time difference is a fucker sometimes,but Only 9 hours.

• Like 1

New Nordic seem to be in bed with the company Emerging Trends who as Emerging Trends Advisors (I think) used to be where The Pagoda Bar is now on Soi Buakhao.  I thought they'd gone tits up and were ran out of town but apparently not, or they've changed their name slightly.  According to this blog, Emerging Trends' boss also ran lovepattayathailand.com which tried for a while to sell all inclusive holiday packages in Pattaya, but didn't appear to take off.

https://bondreview.co.uk/2018/03/06/new-nordic-emerging-trends-re-corp-unregulated-bonds-paying-up-to-7-per-annum/

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, KWA said:

New Nordic seem to be in bed with the company Emerging Trends who as Emerging Trends Advisors (I think) used to be where The Pagoda Bar is now on Soi Buakhao.  I thought they'd gone tits up and were ran out of town but apparently not, or they've changed their name slightly.  According to this blog, Emerging Trends' boss also ran lovepattayathailand.com which tried for a while to sell all inclusive holiday packages in Pattaya, but didn't appear to take off.

https://bondreview.co.uk/2018/03/06/new-nordic-emerging-trends-re-corp-unregulated-bonds-paying-up-to-7-per-annum/

NN stopped dealing with them years ago.  but  the rest od the report is mostly right

Always beware in Thailand.....

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/the-dream-is-over-phuket-resort-owners-castlewood-group-goes-into-liquidation

A Phuket resort in the booming Layan Beach/Cherngtalay area, funded by a Singapore-based property developer, has gone sour. The project was opened in 2016.

The resort attracted over $90 million of funds. Now some retail investors are lodging a police report after the company suddenly went into liquidation. Some investors of the failed developer, Castlewood Group, now suspect that they “may have fallen prey into a scam”, according to The Straits Times.

• Like 1