Money Laundering in Bangsaray

Jambo

21 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Forgot to empty one of the pockets in my cargo shorts.

IMG20191212090057.jpg

They look freshly minted now. 🤣

Back in my London days I once wrecked the drum of an automatic washing machine with a single 50 pence coin.

50p? I wrecked mine with a  2p coin!

Cost me a new machine,  as when the coin attacked and damaged the drum  it took the bearings with it, and the housing,  which blew the motherboard...

Almighty bang, blue smoke and burning electrical smell.... fortunately the fuse popped.

And a real sod to open the door and rescue my soggy, still soapy laundry...

Way back in 73, I was given an Omega with red led display that showed the time when you pressed a button on the side. 
I, being a stupid twat, managed to put it in the washing machine on a hot cycle. 
I bet you thought I’d ruined it didn’t you?

Well, you were right, it was totally fecked. ☹️

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

i have a problem connecting my phone to the bt in the car, dont understand the settings on the washing machine and am flumoxed by th e new fridge..  modern shite

Well don't get one of those electric toothbrushes with BlueTooth 'cause you know what'll happen.

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

i have a problem connecting my phone to the bt in the car, dont understand the settings on the washing machine and am flumoxed by th e new fridge..  modern shite

In the days back in London when the washing machine was something the wife used I found myself one day on my own and under instructions from "she who must be obeyed" to do a wash. We had an Indesit automatic washing machine at the time the same one I eventually wrecked with the coin.

I loaded it up with clothes but could not find the washing powder anywhere.

So I used washing up liquid.

I worked from home at the time having an office off of the kitchen. I noticed it was not making the usual washing machine noise being much more subdued. When I looked there was foam somehow coming out of the top of the machine. When I turned it off and managed to get the door open the whole kitchen was flooded with foam. At least the machine survived.

A year or so later I repeated my washing up liquid saga with a hired carpet cleaner when I ran out of the proper cleaning detergent. This time I was not so lucky as all the resulting foam got onto the electric motor which blew up. I am sure I mentioned that when I returned the cleaner the next day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

We had a new washing machine in HH, but it was outside, thank god. 
I put on the first wash, because her indoors had a headache!

I’d noticed that it came with a very small pack of detergent powder and a tiny measuring scoop. I thought it was a sample box, so put in 3.5 scoops, switched it on and walked away with a smug look on my face, having achieved lift off without reading any instructions (in Thai) on the pack. 
Hadn’t figured on the fact the water in HH was very soft and powder is very concentrated.

I always thought that washing machines were sealed machines, judging by the amount of foam that filled the backyard, I quickly learned they weren’t!

I didn’t want to upset the wife, so I pissed off to Soi Bintabaht for a few drinks. 🤗

• Haha 3